Player Discussion Andrew Peeke

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Andrew Peeke would be shocked to learn that an Andrew Peeke thread is 29 pages and created blood enemies.
Me and my GF housesat and watched a 10th grader the other day. Amazing kid and apparently great hockey player, should be 2027 draft eligible. Makes me sick thinking we have Peeke instead of the chance to draft this kid in the 3rd round

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mad-Marcus

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Me and my GF housesat and watched a 10th grader the other day. Amazing kid and apparently great hockey player, should be 2027 draft eligible. Makes me sick thinking we have Peeke instead of the chance to draft this kid
Sounds like he wouldn't make it past the 1st two rounds!
:cool::sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: NDiesel

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Starting material matters. Better athlete should provide better results, leaving us eventually with a better than 3rd pairing guy for < than 3M/yr.
You guys are really stuck in your East Coast hockey Manager mentality.

The guys leftover to pay 5-6M+ for 2 line wingers, weren't exactly Bruins type players(all O, no 2 way responsible play), and Debrusk did not want to come back at a realistic number, nor provide the consistent output that warranted it.
How is not wanting a 6 that can't move the puck and overrated physically at 2.75mil "fantasy or sim hockey?"

Bruins got a very serviceable year out of Wotherspoon for peanuts.

As far as "Bruins type players" what exactly is that? 3rd liners square peg round hole top 6? The mythical "200 foot players" that most of the time are good for 150' until they need to score?

Again, don't complain if there is a 2019 sized hole on the right side all season because you decided to overpay a 6 and back up goalie. Not saying there will be, but never expected a Karson Kuhlman playing top 6/9 in games 6 and 7 of a Stanley Cup final either.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
probably not as shocked as he was when he got dealt to the Bruins and wasn't a buy out candidate anymore wondering where his next check was going to come from.
I mean...he wouldnt be wondering about his next cheque, he'd still be paid if he was bought out lol

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins now have four players drafted from 2016 draft 24-34 rounds 1 into 2

Thank you Donny

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
How is not wanting a 6 that can't move the puck and overrated physically at 2.75mil "fantasy or sim hockey?"

As far as "Bruins type players" what exactly is that? 3rd liners square peg round hole top 6? The mythical "200 foot players" that most of the time are good for 150' until they need to score?

Again, don't complain if there is a 2019 sized hole on the right side all season because you decided to overpay a 6 and back up goalie. Not saying there will be, but never expected a Karson Kuhlman playing top 6/9 in games 6 and 7 of a Stanley Cup final either.
It's kind of funny that the last time the Bruins were serious cup contenders they had Kuhlman or Backes in the top 6

Reactions: Mad-Marcus

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Don't you worry I'm not upset, I find the notion that if we don't hate Korpisalo and Peeke then we aren't serious about wanting to win the cup, very funny

No where did anyone say “if people don’t hate korpisalo and Peeke then they aren’t serious about winning a cup” or anything close.

You are just upset and creating false narratives.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
No where did anyone say “if people don’t hate korpisalo and Peeke then they aren’t serious about winning a cup” or anything close.

You are just upset and creating false narratives.
You responded to a post about Peeke and Korpisalo taking up too much space by saying certain fans don't want to win the cup and therefore don't care about their mariginal playoff contributions...which means you're implying those fans who are fine with Peeke and Korpisalo don't care about winning the cup.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Peeke gets with Jay Leach & Adam McQuaid we are are going to see why he was so highly coveted coming out

Sweeney stole him from Columbus- had to wait till Jarmo got the boot

Underrated move by Sweens

You can like Peeke but to suggest it was a steal when in all likelihood he was about to be bought out is an interesting take.

Adam boqvist beat him out for a spot in the lineup, was cheaper and still got bought out. Sure it’s not a 100% certainty Peeke would have been bought out, but with a little common sense anyone can see it was Peeke’s buyout.

Reactions: Kalus

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
we should see significant improvement in Peeke after camp with Leach

McQuaid can give tips on fighting

Bruins superior staff paying dividends allows Dealer Donny to grab Korpi & Perke & Max Jones

Jones gets with a structured organization with a Chris Kelly and Joe Sacco I imagine Geekie type production

Kelly
Leach
Sacco
Goalie Bob

Ridiculous how much knowledge on the coaching staff

wow

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
You can like Peeke but to suggest it was a steal when in all likelihood he was about to be bought out is an interesting take.

Adam boqvist beat him out for a spot in the lineup, was cheaper and still got bought out. Sure it’s not a 100% certainty Peeke would have been bought out, but with a little common sense anyone can see it was Peeke’s buyout.
they are inept so possible bought out but I wouldn’t have and I watch a lot of Columbus games because I have a handful of guys in that organization

Thought they F’d Peeke up

They tuned Johnny Gudreau into Bobby Lalonde

Hopefully the two best teams choke round 1 again if rw is still a big hole
Lysell ready

I figure me and Eric saw him live the most and both thought was very good

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Me and my GF housesat and watched a 10th grader the other day. Amazing kid and apparently great hockey player, should be 2027 draft eligible. Makes me sick thinking we have Peeke instead of the chance to draft this kid in the 3rd round
Maybe you haven’t been reading the thread, it is a lot of pages so I don’t blame you, but people don’t have a problem with giving up a 3rd rounder. It’s that the Bruins traded for a NEGATIVE VALUE contract with no cap retainage or sweetener. Insult to injury is that they also gave up a future-dated 3rd rounder, but that isn’t the main gripe here.

Columbus fans were stupified and overjoyed. National media called this as a landslide CBJ trade win.

Like I always say, I have nothing against Peeke the person or player, my issue is with the trade and now having a $2.75M #6 with 2 full years of term left.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
they are inept so possible bought out but I wouldn’t have and I watch a lot of Columbus games because I have a handful of guys in that organization

Thought they F’d Peeke up

They tuned Johnny Gudreau into Bobby Lalonde

Lysell ready

I figure me and Eric saw him live the most and both thought was very good

Ya I know CBJ is not a good organization. But that not good organization was about to buyout Peeke and Peeke would have been available for 1/2 the AAV this offseason. Instead we are now paying a premium for him.

Reactions: Kalus

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Maybe you haven’t been reading the thread, it is a lot of pages so I don’t blame you, but people don’t have a problem with giving up a 3rd rounder. It’s that the Bruins traded for a NEGATIVE VALUE contract with no cap retainage or sweetener. Insult to injury is that they also gave up a future-dated 3rd rounder, but that isn’t the main gripe here.

Columbus fans were stupified and overjoyed. National media called this as a landslide CBJ trade win.

Like I always say, I have nothing against Peeke the person or player, my issue is with the trade and now having a $2.75M #6 with 2 full years of term left.
Oh I'm aware, I'm tired of being optimistic all the time so I'm just trying to slowly make my way over to the pessimists.

At the end of the day Peeke is here now, I don't see a lot of reason to continue bitching and moaning over it, but maybe that's why I haven't been inducted into the pessimists just yet

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Ya I know CBJ is not a good organization. But that not good organization was about to buyout Peeke and Peeke would have been available for 1/2 the AAV this offseason. Instead we are now paying a premium for him.
Maybe he’s bought out but McQuaid is watching defensemen more then me and recommended they get him

We will see how it goes - hopefully he will be right and we got a player

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Isn't this where the organization, structure and coaching comes in with the Bruins? Shouldn't they be able to coach up a couple guys making a million bucks a piece to the level of a Peeke and Korpisalo who weigh in at 5.75?

Asset management is a big deal when you have 5 proven top 6 players and no money to pay someone if Lysell doesn't grab it, or someone else. There is always the Geekie/Brazeau thing maybe, but that's why you don't win a cup usually when guys play in spots over their pay scale.

I think this happens more frequently than you think. I think it's kind of surprising looking back at past SCF's or even just the top teams in the playoffs and seeing certain players slotted in spots above their status. Bottom 6 role players get bumped up, rookies getting important time... I mean, we lament the fact that our RW was a hole in 2018 but Florida had Cousins playing often in their top 6. Pavel Dorofeyev was playing top 6 for Vegas. Logan Stankoven was playing top 6 for the Stars - both talented young players but fairly unproven. Evan Rodrigues isn't a top 6 guy but he played a lot of those minutes for the Panthers this past run and he responded.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Because their ineptness ruined a 2nd round pick with a very good pedigree. Buying him out would have just continue showing the world how incompetent they are.
They would have been better getting a coach that COULD coach him up.

You guys can bitch all you want about the contract money and length, but mark my words, by seasons end he'll be a solid NHL defenseman at a reasonable price. He was looking really good until he took that block in the hand vs TOR.

Maybe he’s bought out but McQuaid is watching defensemen more then me and recommended they get him

We will see how it goes - hopefully he will be right and we got a player
Exactly, if Quader says, I can fix this guy, then I trust him.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think this happens more frequently than you think. I think it's kind of surprising looking back at past SCF's or even just the top teams in the playoffs and seeing certain players slotted in spots above their status. Bottom 6 role players get bumped up, rookies getting important time... I mean, we lament the fact that our RW was a hole in 2018 but Florida had Cousins playing often in their top 6. Pavel Dorofeyev was playing top 6 for Vegas. Logan Stankoven was playing top 6 for the Stars - both talented young players but fairly unproven. Evan Rodrigues isn't a top 6 guy but he played a lot of those minutes for the Panthers this past run and he responded.

Once the bruins win a cup in this scenario we can look back on it like this.

However this team has won multiple playoff series once under Sweeney and a huge knock has been overpayment on depth players. Still seems to be plaguing them

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
With McQuaid approval
Leach coaching
Surrounded by veteran defenseman and McAvoy & Carlo fellow right shots
34th overall

Lot of positives why he can’t be a healthier valuable third pair like Kevin Miller was here

When Miller was signed to that 4 year deal the crying could have floated the streets

Turned out well

I don’t see what the problem is but I am a football and baseball savant and hockey is a bit complicated with all the circles on the ice and goal replays that unfairly target the Bruins

Reactions: Blade of Schmautz

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Peake's playoff numbers were pretty bad. Apparently the 'fixing him' only works in games that don't matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad