Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
4 or 5 years around 4m a year for Andy is my guess. Andy says he wants long term.
It is clearly to is advantages to sign long term if he never goes back to is 27g performances he will still have good money, Domi sign 2 years because he clearly was out ASAP, I’ll bet that he will sign in Toronto in 2 years.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
If we sign Taylor Hall I'll approve of the new team
The only way we get Taylor Hall is if:
1. Habs massively overpay him.
2. Absolutely, and I mean absolutely, no team wants to give him what he wants - he'll take a 1-2 year flyer here (obviously at an overpay) and f*** right off the moment he can do so.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
It is clearly to is advantages to sign long term if he never goes back to is 27g performances he will still have good money, Domi sign 2 years because he clearly was out ASAP, I’ll bet that he will sign in Toronto in 2 years.
Double edge sword if Andy doesn't live up to the contract it could turn out bad but on the flip side if he flourishes that contract could be a steal. I think mb takes the risk.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
The only way we get Taylor Hall is if:
1. Habs massively overpay him.
2. Absolutely, and I mean absolutely, no team wants to give him what he wants - he'll take a 1-2 year flyer here (obviously at an overpay) and f*** right off the moment he can do so.
If it's a short deal I don't mind that. We get his services for a short time and gets his money. By that time caufield should be ready.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
The terms are way 2 long from an heavy upcoming injury and a poor season of what he played. I expect a 2 year deals at 4m-4.5m

Ok. So you're gambling on the negative side, he won't even come close to touching his career-best numbers.

It's an upper body injury he's been allowed to heal for a long time. He was ready to come back in round 2.

Gambling on the positive side of things assumes he could pot 25 and 30 playing all season with Drouin and Suzuki. Especially the Suzuki part, with eyes behind his head and both Drouin/Andy having decent speed in the O zone.

Then you're really glad you signed him for 5 years... cause those two straight years of lighting it up next to Suzuki (I don't see Gallagher there, Andy has much more finish) and you'd be ****ed, need to pony up 7+ AAV for another 4-5 years.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
If Bergevin goes for Hall and signs him then Tatar needs to be traded.

I feel one of Drouin or Tatar would be replaced by Hall.

We can't have Tats or Drouin playing on the 3rd.
Although with Drouin he may end up there by the coach.

Habs will need to find a Brady Tkachuk type player... Big and nasty to play on a line with KK and Caufield when he makes the big club.

Cole will need to be protected. Have the big 2 open up the ice for Cole and Cole to bury them.

He will help on the PP though regardless.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Ok. So you're gambling on the negative side, he won't even come close to touching his career-best numbers.

It's an upper body injury he's been allowed to heal for a long time. He was ready to come back in round 2.

Gambling on the positive side of things assumes he could pot 25 and 30 playing all season with Drouin and Suzuki. Especially the Suzuki part, with eyes behind his head and both Drouin/Andy having decent speed in the O zone.

Then you're really glad you signed him for 5 years... cause those two straight years of lighting it up next to Suzuki (I don't see Gallagher there, Andy has much more finish) and you'd be ****ed, need to pony up 7+ AAV for another 4-5 years.
Why would he deserve that huge contract? He had 1 good season in his career. This was the year with panarin and Duchene and all the other studs. I get it , we could regret it if he pans out good. But at this point right now giving him the golden bridge this could be more than ugly in only 1 season.

For Gallagher , of course i wouldnt want to extend him that much and that long.
Our 9 right wing right now , is very talent limited in terms of raw skills.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The terms are way 2 long from an heavy upcoming injury and a poor season of what he played. I expect a 2 year deals at 4m-4.5m
I totally disagree with you. Anderson was coveted a lot by other teams. He wants a long term deal and Bergevin knew that before he traded for him. So did Clb’s gm about Domi.

all the teams interested in him knew what he was aiming for and yet, still wanted him. I’m pretty sure they were not at all concerned bu Anderson’s health.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
I totally disagree with you. Anderson was coveted a lot by other teams. He wants a long term deal and Bergevin knew that before he traded for him. So did Clb’s gm about Domi.

all the teams interested in him knew what he was aiming for and yet, still wanted him. I’m pretty sure they were not at all concerned bu Anderson’s health.
Longer terms means less money. He shouldnt get 5m. That would pure insanity.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I mean we do have a bunch of picks for next draft we could package with players that make s but too much to clear up some cap space.

Keep in mind that other teams are shedding salary and some others are probably not too keen to pick on contracts (like Byron's)

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Why would he deserve that huge contract? He had 1 good season in his career. This was the year with panarin and Duchene and all the other studs. I get it , we could regret it if he pans out good. But at this point right now giving him the golden bridge this could be more than ugly in only 1 season.

It's a gamble. You keep it conservative, I see a chance to the jackpot. Some young players around the league are overpaid strictly due to potential. Here we just happen to have injury/surgery in the picture.

How many times did you watch in frustration when one of our forwards overpassed the puck on a play down low? On the rush?

Anderson shoots that puck. And he's more likely to put it in than Gally, especially moving forward in the 2020's.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

Haha I missed the part where you mention Panarin/Duke... you clearly haven't done your homework. Jenner and Foligno. Jenner. And. Foligno.

Reactions: majormajor

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
It's a gamble. You keep it conservative, I see a chance to the jackpot. Some young players around the league are overpaid strictly due to potential. Here we just happen to have injury/surgery in the picture.

How many times did you watch in frustration when one of our forwards overpassed the puck on a play down low? On the rush?

Anderson shoots that puck. And he's more likely to put it in than Gally, especially moving forward in the 2020's.
I agree that we lack of size but also heavily lack of elite talent. We also have to sign 6 forwards from the top 9 next season. 7 with Anderson. We don't have infinite money. I would wait a season before giving him his good contract.

Because if he were to do better than Gallagher in terms of being physical , i would ship Gallagher

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Is there even anything substantial out there that links Hall us other than Dreger saying he sees a fit???

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Haha I missed the part where you mention Panarin/Duke... you clearly haven't done your homework. Jenner and Foligno. Jenner. And. Foligno.
He also had a good amount of shift with the best players. He did 1 year. I respect your opinion , but for me i would play the slow card because im not convinced by anybody on this team right now except Suzuki and Petry

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I agree that we lack of size but also heavily lack of elite talent. We also have to sign 6 forwards from the top 9 next season. 7 with Anderson. We don't have infinite money. I would wait a season before giving him his good contract.

Because if he were to do better than Gallagher in terms of being physical , i would ship Gallagher

Cole will bring the elite talent on the wing in a few years. I agree this year is still a hard-to-endure transition year, we need more ELCs on the team and perhaps 1 or 2 key UFA signing.

We can't ship Gallagher, that's a PR breakdown given he's done absolutely nothing wrong in the locker room (sadly that's how it is here).

Say in 2022, you're looking at Gally as a 3RW and Anderson/Caufield occupying the 1 and 2 RW spots. I don't think it's awful, nor too costly on the cap.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Cole will bring the elite talent on the wing in a few years. I agree this year is still a hard-to-endure transition year, we need more ELCs on the team and perhaps 1 or 2 key UFA signing.

We can't ship Gallagher, that's a PR breakdown given he's done absolutely nothing wrong in the locker room (sadly that's how it is here).

Say in 2022, you're looking at Gally as a 3RW and Anderson/Caufield occupying the 1 and 2 RW spots. I don't think it's awful, nor too costly on the cap.
Gally will not take 3rd line money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad