Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

Domi is betting on himself showing the 72 point season wasn’t a fluke. Also with the flat cap I bet he thinks he can get more as an UFA in 2 years. If he is able to be a 2C that puts up 60+ points he’ll get a better deal.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Because the trade value of each is in part determined by their contract requirements.

Just because they were traded one for one (with the third) doesn't mean they will ask for the same money.
The contract is determined by there value of the player... only when a player is sign does is contract affect is value, Domi will get more but if your are Anderson you have a pretty good case to use it has a comparable, the stat aren’t the same but clearly he bring something on the ice that more team value. And with arbitration and the ability to be a UFA next season he will likely get more than we expect. MB traded Domi and need to make the playoff, he will have all the pressure to make it work.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Yikes... this trade looking like it could favor Montreal depending on what happens with the Anderson contract.

Yeah, the contract comparison will be interesting. I'm guessing Anderson's will be both longer in term and less AAV than the deal Domi signed, but we'll see.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
It may have been a good move by Bergevin if Domi wouldn't accept a long term contract. Domi could have gone UFA just when the team is ready to contend. If Anderson signs a longer term reasonable contract (and stays healthy) Habs win the trade. The only way Domi stays with Columbus is if he doesn't do well in the next 2 years.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
It may have been a good move by Bergevin if Domi wouldn't accept a long term contract. Domi could have gone UFA just when the team is ready to contend. If Anderson signs a longer term reasonable contract (and stays healthy) Habs win the trade. The only way Domi stays with Columbus is if he doesn't do well in the next 2 years.
Domi and torts it's 50/50 if they will work well together also. Bet you Domi takes a dumb penalty at the worst time and torts flips out on him.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Hypothetical situation. Anderson doesn't sign right away but signs an offer sheet for let's say 5 million for 7 years.
Do you take the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick...maybe this is MB's plan! No way he would have got that for Domi.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Hypothetical situation. Anderson doesn't sign right away but signs an offer sheet for let's say 5 million for 7 years.
Do you take the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick...maybe this is MB's plan! No way he would have got that for Domi.

Yes.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Domi wants to be a leafer , I can feel it in my bones , he said all the right things but on the ice his drive wasn't always there. I think he plays out his 2 years in CBJ and goes to Toronto , he's really close with Marner and obviously grew up a Leafs fans. We'll see what happens , hopefully Anderson fits in with the team (I don't absolutely hate this trade to be honest). I think he answers a need although not the one of adding elite forward talent but that's not really an option here.

Last edited:
Reactions: domiwroze

durojean

May 29, 2007
We traded our only 70 pts player in the last 5 years for a 40 pts player.

Not only that but Domi was mistreated here. After an amazing season last year. He never got to play first line center while it was clear that from a talent point of view he was.

He started his 2nd season with us and already in camp we wanted to make him a winger in favor of the flavor of the year Suzuki.

Fact is : Domi should of started first line center and Danault should have been third line center. KK should have been demoted way sooner and that’s the place in the line up that Suzuki should have got.

Now we get a gloryfied Steve Begin With no shoulders and everyone is trying to convince us that we got a good deal.
He never even got a 50 pts season and he’s older than Domi.

We got a bad coach who’s stuck in his ways and we are paying the cost of talent to make a team that fits his need. That is sad and I am frustrated that my favorite team is runned by a coach and a GM that I’m not even close to trust.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009

Not only that but Domi was mistreated here. After an amazing season last year. He never got to play first line center while it was clear that from a talent point of view he was.

He started his 2nd season with us and already in camp we wanted to make him a winger in favor of the flavor of the year Suzuki.

Fact is : Domi should of started first line center and Danault should have been third line center. KK should have been demoted way sooner and that’s the place in the line up that Suzuki should have got.

Now we get a gloryfied Steve Begin With no shoulders and everyone is trying to convince us that we got a good deal.

We got a bad coach who’s stuck in his ways and we are paying the cost of talent to make a team that fits his need. That is sad and I am frustrated that my favorite team is runned by a coach and a GM that I’m not even close to trust.
A 40 points player that is directly link to the upset in 4 for Tampa in the PO.

Thats what I want

Reactions: DAChampion

durojean

May 29, 2007
A 40 points player that is directly link to the upset in 4 for Tampa in the PO.

Thats what I want

Tampa themselves were way mor in link to that upset that Anderson.

Like i said. Begin also was a playoff warrior. So was Kostopoulos.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

Isolating pts..? Let's isolate their physical profile - who comes out with the puck in the corner?

Domi had an awesome season with Shaw and Danault ate the vast majority of those tough matchups which would have given fits to Domi.

I wouldn't compare him to Suzuki. Nick seems to have much superior defensive awareness and it's something Julien and Bergevin ("stuck in their ways") value over the edge Domi brings in creativity. I'm not even sure I would call Max more creative than Nick, and Suzuki is gonna be here for a long time - he's no flavor of the month.

What you say is "fact" might not consider all of the criteria Julien and his team had to assess the log jam at C. Domi is unfortunately part of that, maybe his immature behaviour ticked them off a la Subban.

As for Andy...... I mean, have you watched hockey in the last 3-4 years? He's on the record saying both his shoulders are good to go, was ready to come back in the PO/2nd round. The man is a juggernaut. Steve Bégin would lose a race to Andy, would lose a fight to Andy, would lose Andy trying to cover him in the D zone and only wishes he could shoot the puck like Andy. JFC, Bégin man.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Time will tell if 5.5 in this cap enviro is indeed sweet. Agree that would be a good deal for a 65 point number 2 C but I have him as a 55 point winger. Really depends on if he can maintain some level of consistency but for 5.5, imo, that is fair but hardly a steal.

To the CBJ I guess they rather pay 5.5 to Domi than what ever Anderson was asking for...

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Man, I really don't blame Domi for feeling the way he did. I'd be pretty shocked too scoring 72 points than not being used at center the very next year. I get what happened form our own but his feelings are completely legitimate. Same with Danault currently. They don't (and weren't) see themselves as the problem and they performed well but we need upgrades there either way. Suzuki and Kotkaniemi may give us that.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
My thoughts pre-Covid, I February:

"I remember some posters didn't want to trade him for Laine, which was craziness.

Anderson's been injured, but he was fantastic last season. It depends on if he can find that form again and improve, if Domi ends up being a 55 point scorer like he always has. If that's what he is and Anderson is the 27 goal scorer, you do that deal every day. He's a piece we're missing."

Needless to say I like this deal even though there's a definite risk we end up on the losing side. But Domi wanted out and wasn't working out anymore unfortunately. Its a very nice vote of confidence to KK and Suzuki as well.

Reactions: DAChampion

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Man, I really don't blame Domi for feeling the way he did. I'd be pretty shocked too scoring 72 points than not being used at center the very next year. I get what happened form our own but his feelings are completely legitimate. Same with Danault currently. They don't (and weren't) see themselves as the problem and they performed well but we need upgrades there either way. Suzuki and Kotkaniemi may give us that.

He did get used at center the next year. He struggled at some point (while playing center), so they decided to try him at wing and put suzuki at center. The rest is history.

Reactions: angry pirate

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Now Anderson signs 5 x 4,5M$ with Habs and of a sudden, the deal looks fine. Domi wanted all along to be UFA the most rapidly possible. We were wondering what was going on with him?? There it is. That’s why his value wasn’t that good.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Now Anderson signs 5 x 4,5M$ with Habs and of a sudden, the deal looks fine. Domi wanted all along to be UFA the most rapidly possible. We were wondering what was going on with him?? There it is. That’s why his value wasn’t that good.
The terms are way 2 long from an heavy upcoming injury and a poor season of what he played. I expect a 2 year deals at 4m-4.5m

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad