Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Max Domi:

EjvEy8oX0AEdNXx

Nothing but class and maturity in those comments. So what did he say that had people accuse him of being childish and selfish?

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
He should never have been near an NHL crease, he is an ECHL talent. Nothing was wasted, and lets be real, players will always be disgruntled at some level.
That's a stretch. He's not some stud prospect but he was a good AHL goalie at 20 and 21. The problem is not that he was in the ECHL because Primeau and Lindgren were above him, it's that he bounced around from a bunch of random ECHL teams because the Habs don't have an ECHL affiliate for some reason.

Anyway not gonna derail the thread anymore but this is a really shortsighted viewpoint, especially when the problem is we had 3 AHL level goalies for two spots and also gave starts to completely washed Kinkaid. McNiven's not a high end prospect but that doesn't mean it isn't stupid to leave him rotting on some random ECHL team with nowhere to train, much stranger things have happened with NHL goaltending than a guy who was the OHL + CHL goalie of the year turning into a decent backup.

Reactions: DAChampion

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
It's nice to have a big tough lug on our team who can actually play and skate well.I'd do this trade all day long.Domi is a good little player but little is the key word and when he isn't playing angry he loses a lot of his game.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Bergevin-Conferencedepresse(20/10/06):Anderson
«C’est un type de joueur plutôt rare... C’est un gros bonhomme qui possède un très bon coup de patin et une bonne touche pour marquer. Il est également capable d’offrir du jeu physique. Quand on a commencé à tâter le terrain, on trouvait que c’était important de faire son acquisition.»

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
More accurately, who f***ing cares what McNiven thinks? Petry

Petry just signed at or below market value because he loves the culture here, but lets ignore that, an undrafted ECHL goalie has issues with management. This is huge.
Confused by your hostility lol

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
It was about not hearing much from the team other than when he was being moved to a different team in the ECHL. Especially when they took him from Jacksonville and tried to find him a new team. He was in Montreal with his GF and they didn't communicate with him enough. And McNiven said he called the Rocket goalie coach Marciano hoping to see if he can find him an ice rink to go practice. Marciano didn't know McNiven wasn't re-assigned to another team yet. When Marciano told Bouchard, he immediately told McNiven to come to the Laval practice the next morning (because Joel didn't know either). About a week later, McNiven was re-assigned to Norfolk of the ECHL.
Makes sense. Seems like basically every job ever.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Well a day after digesting this trade and reading my first few over the top reactions of this trade :eek: I still don't like the actual trade but I see why the Habs did this even if I think they IMO overpaid a little bit.

It was obvious there were issues between Domi and Julien and with Domi wanting to play center and the Habs wanting to go with the other 3 centers on the roster so Domi really wasn't a fit anymore and was expendable. Anderson does fill a big need for the Habs on the wing which came at the expense of a player who no longer fit and was expendable so they filled a position of need from a position of strength.

I hope Anderson stays healthy and continues to play the way he does and if so he'll have a very big impact of this Habs team and he'll be a real pain to play against. Anyway as someone else said earlier in this thread and it sums it up for me as well. I really like the player (Anderson) but didn't really like the trade but what's done is done so I'm hoping for the best and this works out great for the Habs.

Reactions: Canadienna

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
I'm not sure they got full value for Domi but a player like Anderson was necessary moving forward. It kind of reminds me a bit of the Turgeon-Corson trade where the team overpaid to get a power forward with injury issues. I can definitely see Domi doing well in Columbus and hopefully Anderson doesn't turn out like Corson's second iteration with the team.

It looks better if you view it as Chucky for Anderson perhaps. Meanwhile, the team still needs a finisher on the left side, imo.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
That's a stretch. He's not some stud prospect but he was a good AHL goalie at 20 and 21. The problem is not that he was in the ECHL because Primeau and Lindgren were above him, it's that he bounced around from a bunch of random ECHL teams because the Habs don't have an ECHL affiliate for some reason.

Anyway not gonna derail the thread anymore but this is a really shortsighted viewpoint, especially when the problem is we had 3 AHL level goalies for two spots and also gave starts to completely washed Kinkaid. McNiven's not a high end prospect but that doesn't mean it isn't stupid to leave him rotting on some random ECHL team with nowhere to train, much stranger things have happened with NHL goaltending than a guy who was the OHL + CHL goalie of the year turning into a decent backup.

fair enough, appreciate the context.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
What alternative universe have you rocketed in from?

Anderson: ppg .43, goals per game .24
Domi: ppg .67, goals per game .22
Anderson is one year older and has had injuries to both shoulders.

In three-four years this trade will be placed in the same column as the Sergachev one. The stinker column.

He had one breakout year on a defensive line with no powerplay time and scored 27 goals. He's not a playmaker so his ppg don't reflect his value. He IS a two-way player who can skate and forecheck and win pucks on the boards and play net-front tho and he doesn't take stupid penalties. You are the one living in an alternate universe defending a player that can't score, can't defend, can't stay out of the box and turns the puck over every two seconds. Domi had us over the barrel on contract and his demand to play center - it's amazing that we were able to turn that into filling our biggest needs (size and scoring).

This is why we never contend, we NEVER have players like this and I mean NEVER. Cole for one year. Corson for one year in his second stint here. Leclair for one year before we stupidly traded him. Muller... we need a change in philosophy and thankfully Bergevin is doing that. We're playing hockey here not soccer. We could have had Getzlaf, but the morons in charge take a Belorussian who can't skate. This is how badly this team has been run for decades- finally we have a good GM and front office team and pro scouting staff in place. I love the new direction- a big team with an edge that can skate. Now sign Craig Smith.

Last edited:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I love this trade. Big fan of what Anderson brings. Nobody will lose sleep over Domi he did not make his linemates better . You guys will see what a guy like Anderson can bring. He will create space for our other small skill guys

Reactions: bsl and VAN-HAB

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
First I want to say I was probably the one guy that defended the Galchenyuk-Domi trade. There was not a doubt on my mind we had gotten the better player. I like Domi, a lot, but I think he did play himself down the lineup a bit by over-complicating things with the puck. He had a ''mentor'' when he played his first games here, his name was Andrew Shaw. So much for people completely ignoring chemistry between players - they played well together.

So the irony of it is Anderson and Domi would look great together ! But with Drouin, KK, Suzuki (and foreshadowing the arrival of Mr. Goal caufield, Ylonen) ... talented small playmakers/players have been our bread and butter. Truth is, at the salary he was about to command, Domi became expandable. So a common mistake would be to look at how Anderson and Domi compare, they are very different and although I can totally agree Domi would win a skills contest, What Anderson will bring will help outline the actual talent we have because he's one of those guys that will keep the opposition busy and make room for a north-south playmaker with softer hands.

so back to the first point, chemistry is hard to see on paper, but if the plan was to play the kids and surround them, this move makes a lot of sense.

Jul 6, 2016
It's nice to have a big tough lug on our team who can actually play and skate well.I'd do this trade all day long.Domi is a good little player but little is the key word and when he isn't playing angry he loses a lot of his game.

right ! Anderson was interesting many, many teams. CLB and Habs wre the right fit. One team needed a second line centerman, the other, a big RW who can skate, hit and score. Both teams win. Habs had to add a third rounder to win against the other teams who wanted Anderson.

Reactions: Max2

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
From 2016 to 2019, Anderson scored 57 even strength goals; that's one less than Benn or Point and three less than Gallagher or Stone on the same period.

You're telling me that if we put him on the PP he'll be a 40 goal scorer :O

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
That would happen to every player though and I think you're being generous with 20 games. :)
Byron, Armia had super long streaks ..most ppl didn't care cause they're bottom 6 guys.

Mete spent 2 season without scoring... no one was freaking out because he was a rookie defenseman.

I'm not sure fans would be as patient with Anderson

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Byron, Armia had super long streaks ..most ppl didn't care cause they're bottom 6 guys.

Mete spent 2 season without scoring... no one was freaking out because he was a rookie defenseman.

I'm not sure fans would be as patient with Anderson
I know, that's what I'm saying. But fack'em.

I'll all aboard the JA Train :)

Reactions: ItzaGreat

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
right ! Anderson was interesting many, many teams. CLB and Habs wre the right fit. One team needed a second line centerman, the other, a big RW who can skate, hit and score. Both teams win. Habs had to add a third rounder to win against the other teams who wanted Anderson.
correct

Jul 6, 2016
I think the 3rd is because Max will cost more

CLB got possibly the best available centerman they could afford. Domi, as a second-line centerman will do wonders with Atkinson and Foligno. While Dubois will lead the first line with Bjorkstrand and Texier or Foudy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad