Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I think the 3rd is because Max will cost more
Why would Anderson agent (same as Domi) take less money, they were traded one on one and MTL had to add, you don’t add because the other player make more they are both unsigned, we added because Domi value was lower (and MB is dumb) also he could just sign 1 year and hit UFA... He hold all the card why take a discount.

oberan1

Aug 9, 2004
Montreal, Canada
Why would Anderson agent (same as Domi) take less money, they were traded one on one and MTL had to add, you don’t add because the other player make more they are both unsigned, we added because Domi value was lower (and MB is dumb) also he could just sign 1 year and hit UFA... He hold all the card why take a discount.

It's been explained several times online: demand for Anderson was from multiple teams. Not the case for Domi. Basic supply and demand. MB had to add something to finalize the deal.

DISREGARD - read incorrectly

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

Discount to what? He made 1.85mm last year and had a brutal season. He will get a significant raise over his last deal, but will make less then what he would have made if his 2018-19 production carried into 2019-2020.

And he doesn’t hold all the cards, he is under team control.

Max is going to get more money, no doubt.

Reactions: 417

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Discount to what? He made 1.85mm last year and had a brutal season. He will get a significant raise over his last deal, but will make less then what he would have made if his 2018-19 production carried into 2019-2020.

And he doesn’t hold all the cards, he is under team control.

Max is going to get more money, no doubt.
Max will get more money for sure but Anderson will only under control for 1 years he doesn’t have to sign a deal that isn’t great for him... he knows more team wants him than Domi if Montreal doesn’t want to pay someone else will, what card do MTL have? He will go to arbitration if he lose he will just hit UFA the next season... MTL have all the pressure to get it done.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
It's funny to see how many people are obsessed with the 3rd round pick being added.
Montreal has a plethora of picks this draft. I see zero issue giving up a 3rd round pick.
Considering an average of two 3rd round picks a year turn out to be decent NHLers since 2020, I think its safe to say 2/31 are pretty poor odds that the 3rd round pick will even turn into anything.

Get over it, it's a decent trade and will work out for Montreal fine in the end.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

Because the trade value of each is in part determined by their contract requirements.

Just because they were traded one for one (with the third) doesn't mean they will ask for the same money.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Exactly. Columbus getting Domi on a sweet contract at 5m is worth more than just Anderson.

Time will tell if 5.5 in this cap enviro is indeed sweet. Agree that would be a good deal for a 65 point number 2 C but I have him as a 55 point winger. Really depends on if he can maintain some level of consistency but for 5.5, imo, that is fair but hardly a steal.

Reactions: Gravity

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

So he just wants to take himself to UFA. Makes sense for him but that’s probably a big reason the Habs didn’t want to keep him around

Exactly, 2 years and he walks. No idea how this is a good deal for CBJ, my assumption was they would get some UFA years

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

So he just wants to take himself to UFA. Makes sense for him but that’s probably a big reason the Habs didn’t want to keep him around

I would have rejected this 2 year deal idea even if it meant going to arbitration for a 1 year deal.

Don't know what Columbus was thinking.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Hahah wow, Domi will walk straight to being a UFA. Can’t blame him for wanting to get paid.

If we lock Anderson up past UFA it could mean we end up with a good PWF and Columbus has yet another player to go UFA.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

giphy.gif

tumblr_mmpig9wzem1r41emlo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: Deebs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad