Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
You know he needs an extension after this season right?

Hes gonna ask for 6-7 years at 6m~ you know that right. Taht would be close to 11m with Gallagher and Anderson. Thats way too much

Sure. I don't think he'll get 6M, I think he may get something similar to Drouin in term and AAV.

Choices need to be made, someone like Tatar may have to go (and that's oooookkkkk in my book......). We're not in any kind of troubling financial bind if you compare our cap structure to a team that is forced to ice many, many < 2M AAV players just to be able to ice the Big 4.

Reactions: jaffy27

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Sure. I don't think he'll get 6M, I think he may get something similar to Drouin in term and AAV.

Choices need to be made, someone like Tatar may have to go (and that's oooookkkkk in my book......). We're not in any kind of troubling financial bind if you compare our cap structure to a team that is forced to ice many, many < 2M AAV players just to be able to ice the Big 4.
Tatar , Danault and Armia should all be goners for me. Gallagher if the price is right also.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Isolating pts..? Let's isolate their physical profile - who comes out with the puck in the corner?

Domi had an awesome season with Shaw and Danault ate the vast majority of those tough matchups which would have given fits to Domi.

I wouldn't compare him to Suzuki. Nick seems to have much superior defensive awareness and it's something Julien and Bergevin ("stuck in their ways") value over the edge Domi brings in creativity. I'm not even sure I would call Max more creative than Nick, and Suzuki is gonna be here for a long time - he's no flavor of the month.

What you say is "fact" might not consider all of the criteria Julien and his team had to assess the log jam at C. Domi is unfortunately part of that, maybe his immature behaviour ticked them off a la Subban.

As for Andy...... I mean, have you watched hockey in the last 3-4 years? He's on the record saying both his shoulders are good to go, was ready to come back in the PO/2nd round. The man is a juggernaut. Steve Bégin would lose a race to Andy, would lose a fight to Andy, would lose Andy trying to cover him in the D zone and only wishes he could shoot the puck like Andy. JFC, Bégin man.

I will isolate the physical game of McCarron compare to Domi for all I care and He will lose.

I value way more talent than grit and I feel finding a game changer and a point producer is way harder than finding a third liner no Matter how big he is.

I feel like Suzuki is really good and think he could be better than Domi, but even that is not a given. I feel like Domi is hard to coach and he is the pouting kind of players so that’s on him. I also feel that he had good reason to be pouting.

Didn’t he start the season with Lekhonen and a rookie on his wing while KK got Armia and Drouin. He was our freaking best point getter the year before and was never even tried with gallagher. That must be frustrating.

Reactions: cphabs

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I will isolate the physical game of McCarron compare to Domi for all I care and He will lose.

I value way more talent than grit and I feel finding a game changer and a point producer is way harder than finding a third liner no Matter how big he is.

I feel like Suzuki is really good and think he could be better than Domi, but even that is not a given. I feel like Domi is hard to coach and he is the pouting kind of players so that’s on him. I also feel that he had good reason to be pouting.

Didn’t he start the season with Lekhonen and a rookie on his wing while KK got Armia and Drouin. He was our freaking best point getter the year before and was never even tried with gallagher. That must be frustrating.

Yeeeeeah we're not gonna see eye to eye here.

Cool, but I don't support that kind of attitude. Not great for the team atmosphere... talk to the coach in private, last resort is your agent. Domi let out da feels.

Reactions: jaffy27 and cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

He’s also coming off a catastrophic injury that allowed him to be a “playoff” warrior/physical...in any case? Hoping he will be fine. Still need one more scoring winger to make the playoffs IMO

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Tatar , Danault and Armia should all be goners for me. Gallagher if the price is right also.

I’d say Danault is necessary but I know there are other opinions on him. Mine is I’m not totally sold on the fact Suzuki and KK will be a solid 1-2 punch on the short term. I bet it takes another 2-3 years before the get there.

Gallagher is tricky but I guess he should be a Habs for life.

they are my two keepers. Tatar is good as gone and Armia too if he asks for to much money. But I’d like to keep him and dump Byron.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Yeeeeeah we're not gonna see eye to eye here.

Cool, but I don't support that kind of attitude. Not great for the team atmosphere... talk to the coach in private, last resort is your agent. Domi let out da feels.

There are different kind of personnalities in a team and a lot of the most talented are high maintenance.

But if all you want in your team are good guys which will do all you say, I feel like your getting rid of one of the most fundamental thing : Real Character.

I feel like Julien failed on Domi and we are paying the price.

I also feel like Anderson impact on the team will be more or less the impact of Armia. Which is... ok... i guess.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Double edge sword if Andy doesn't live up to the contract it could turn out bad but on the flip side if he flourishes that contract could be a steal. I think mb takes the risk.

flourishes at 26... if he sign a big contract maybe he will live up to is contract but it will be hard for him to be a steal...

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
flourishes at 26... if he sign a big contract maybe he will live up to is contract but it will be hard for him to be a steal...
Considering Domi only signed a two year deal we win just on the bases if Andy plays well that he cannot ask for more money u til that long term deal is done. Domi can play out of his mind and guess what? The jackets either lose him or they give in to his demands on term and money. Both teams are taking risks here.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
There are different kind of personnalities in a team and a lot of the most talented are high maintenance.

But if all you want in your team are good guys which will do all you say, I feel like your getting rid of one of the most fundamental thing : Real Character.

I feel like Julien failed on Domi and we are paying the price.

I also feel like Anderson impact on the team will be more or less the impact of Armia. Which is... ok... i guess.
Domi failed on himself too......Anderson is nothing like Armia, come on

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Isolating pts..? Let's isolate their physical profile - who comes out with the puck in the corner?

Domi had an awesome season with Shaw and Danault ate the vast majority of those tough matchups which would have given fits to Domi.

I wouldn't compare him to Suzuki. Nick seems to have much superior defensive awareness and it's something Julien and Bergevin ("stuck in their ways") value over the edge Domi brings in creativity. I'm not even sure I would call Max more creative than Nick, and Suzuki is gonna be here for a long time - he's no flavor of the month.

What you say is "fact" might not consider all of the criteria Julien and his team had to assess the log jam at C. Domi is unfortunately part of that, maybe his immature behaviour ticked them off a la Subban.

As for Andy...... I mean, have you watched hockey in the last 3-4 years? He's on the record saying both his shoulders are good to go, was ready to come back in the PO/2nd round. The man is a juggernaut. Steve Bégin would lose a race to Andy, would lose a fight to Andy, would lose Andy trying to cover him in the D zone and only wishes he could shoot the puck like Andy. JFC, Bégin man.
People overrate any plug that played for us and then go around saying BargainBin like that shit isn’t stale as all hell.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Domi failed on himself too......Anderson is nothing like Armia, come on

They are both big. They both have good shot and both of them their biggest attribute is how they can control de puck because of their size.

Stats wise, it’s comparable.

We’ll have to wait and see I guess.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Why would Anderson agent (same as Domi) take less money, they were traded one on one and MTL had to add, you don’t add because the other player make more they are both unsigned, we added because Domi value was lower (and MB is dumb) also he could just sign 1 year and hit UFA... He hold all the card why take a discount.

I think Jarmo made MB think Domi and Anderson were of equal value and then made him add a 3rd because Domi will cost more per year because of points

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
They are both big. They both have good shot and both of them their biggest attribute is how they can control de puck because of their size.

Stats wise, it’s comparable.

We’ll have to wait and see I guess.

Anderson is a better finisher, a faster skater and a nastier guy. Those guys have little in common besides their size and their initials.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Anderson is a better finisher, a faster skater and a nastier guy. Those guys have little in common besides their size and their initials.

Look at the stats... Anderson is not that much a better finisher. All the years are pretty comparable and this year Armia was on pace to reach Anderson’s best season.

Faster and meaner... I hope... But I feel like they are comparable.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
That leaves the team with almost no veterans. How do you suggest the team replace these players?
No veteran?

Chariot Edmundson Petry Weber Price Lekhonen Anderson? Armia will ask too much for what he brings , Tatar seems the obvious choice. We can keep Gallagher if his demands are not that high. You gotta make move for Caufield in a year , Cant keep every RW.

Also Kotkaniemi will be on his 4th year in the pro . Cant really say he will be a rookie anymore.

Reactions: Benstheman

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Look at the stats... Anderson is not that much a better finisher. All the years are pretty comparable and this year Armia was on pace to reach Anderson’s best season.

they are different in the way that Anderson is always giving it all while Armia is a up and down guy, a bit lazy at times. Armia is really talented and I always wondered why he wasn’t producing more than that.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

I'd much rather watch the games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad