Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

durojean

May 29, 2007
they are different in the way that Anderson is always giving it all while Armia is a up and down guy, a bit lazy at times. Armia is really talented and I always wondered why he wasn’t producing more than that.

I hope he is that much relentless. Because we gave up our best point getter for him.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Considering Domi only signed a two year deal we win just on the bases if Andy plays well that he cannot ask for more money u til that long term deal is done. Domi can play out of his mind and guess what? The jackets either lose him or they give in to his demands on term and money. Both teams are taking risks here.
The player that play the best will win the trade for is team... the only time contract will come into play is if they have similar performance.
If Domi play out of mind then is value would be very high, he will earn is big money or they might be able to flip him for better return than Anderson... This logic of there going to have to pay him if he is a ppg player, if he is a ppg they will want to sign him... will have to pay Anderson and we don’t even know what we are going to get...

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
What is there not to like about this guy?
Big, Fast, Tough and can put the puck in the net.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
The player that play the best will win the trade for is team... the only time contract will come into play is if they have similar performance.
If Domi play out of mind then is value would be very high, he will earn is big money or they might be able to flip him for better return than Anderson... This logic of there going to have to pay him if he is a ppg player, if he is a ppg they will want to sign him... will have to pay Anderson and we don’t even know what we are going to get...
If Domi plays out of his mind and they try to trade him he can easily just say no I'm going to ufa he has that right that's why it's a risk on there part like it is a risk on our part if we sign andy to a long term deal and he plays like shit. Again risks on both sides.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
4 x 4.75 per is my guess. There were rumblings of him wanting 5 or 6 per a while back - can’t remember from where but I feel that is excessive especially after his injured season.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I think Jarmo made MB think Domi and Anderson were of equal value and then made him add a 3rd because Domi will cost more per year because of points
Well that is the stupidest logic ... why don’t we just trade Danault for Mcdavid, EDM would have to add big time because Mcdavid cost some much more because of all the point he makes... You pay for what you get ... clearly Anderson was guy MB wanted Jarmo was able to raise the price cause MB want to get rid of Domi and know one else was giving up a PF and maybe he had other offers. We added a 3rd to reflect value not cap hit if we payed to give a more productive player than I don’t see how will ever be able to contend...

Reactions: cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
If Domi plays out of his mind and they try to trade him he can easily just say no I'm going to ufa he has that right that's why it's a risk on there part like it is a risk on our part if we sign andy to a long term deal and he plays like shit. Again risks on both sides.
He won’t be playing as a winger or on the 4th line in Columbus... after a 70 point season. Risk? The risk is how long Anderson’s shoulder holds up playing his style of game at 26 years old.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Does he have a no move clause if not he doesn’t he can’t say no...
Anderson didn’t want to play for CBJ, he had one season before UFA... They get 2 years of a player that might be more productive... they would have gotten 1 at best with Anderson...
Will see when Anderson sign is deal and will see how he perform that will be the only think that matter.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I thought it was $5.3 both years?

IMO, that’s actually a decent contract. It may come back to bite Columbus if Domi becomes a scoring machine again.

I think his intention is to become UFA. Next season his UFA season Columbus will trade him. They can’t afford to let him walk.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
So he want Wilson contract after 1g and 3a last year? Fkin hope not!

I think $5M x 5 years is the ballpark. If I'm Anderson it's not unreasonable to think he could do better than $4M AAV next year as UFA after a decent season. And I have a hunch the Habs will want to lock him up. Just a prediction...we'll see what happens.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Josh Anderson , his agent is Ferris...same Ferris Domi just hired...

Also Anderson can go to arbitration....if he wants too....

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I think his intention is to become UFA. Next season his UFA season Columbus will trade him. They can’t afford to let him walk.

didnt they let Breadman walk and Bob?

That said ,yeah be smart to trade him IF he aint signing long term ....but if there in a playoff ...we just seen the Jacket say who cares and went for it ...and let guys walk out with 0 return.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I'm expecting 5 or 6 years at 4-4.5M
I'd be okay with this. He needs to tone down the fighting, or if he goes, make sure that no one pulls on his hands. This is the type of scenario that will get him re-injured. And he needs to keep rehabbing them both preventatively, after he's done riding the stationary bike.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I think $5M x 5 years is the ballpark. If I'm Anderson it's not unreasonable to think he could do better than $4M AAV next year as UFA after a decent season. And I have a hunch the Habs will want to lock him up. Just a prediction...we'll see what happens.
I'd be okay with that too. He's looking at Wilson as a template, who got more than that. Without Wilson, the Caps are a very different team. Anderson could be even more transformative, because the Habs are lighter than than the Caps.

Reactions: salbutera

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He’s also coming off a catastrophic injury that allowed him to be a “playoff” warrior/physical...in any case? Hoping he will be fine. Still need one more scoring winger to make the playoffs IMO

Why do such uninformed people keep saying "catastrophic injury"???? My god you would think the arm came clean out of the socket by the sounds of these posters

People make it sound like he career endingly separated his shoulder...
It was a partial labrum tear.. muscles take TIME to heal especially after surgery...but these professional athletes move on from this sort of injury ALL the time

It just seems worse to people than it was because he had surgery in March that would normally be season ending, but because they restarted the season, he would of been ready had columbus beaten tampa (again)(coincidentally they couldn't do it again without him)

So again people need to cut out this career in danger tone with this guy

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
What is there not to like about this guy?
Big, Fast, Tough and can put the puck in the net.

Looks alot like Chris Kreider... If we lock him long term and has close the impact Kreider has, Bergevin will look like a genius once again... Domi is hot garbage, has the vision of Scott Gomez...

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
People are so obsessed with long term deals that they're getting this backwards. You don't want to go long term with either Josh Anderson or Max Domi. Domi is not a great fit at center and is often a problem for his coaches. You don't give him $25m-$30m in one contract, because you might not even want him after a short period of time. Similarly with Josh Anderson, he's capable of being a great player, but with his playstyle he is always going to be one bad hit away from being ruined. Habs fans should be hoping to get him on a two or three year deal.

It may have been a good move by Bergevin if Domi wouldn't accept a long term contract. Domi could have gone UFA just when the team is ready to contend. If Anderson signs a longer term reasonable contract (and stays healthy) Habs win the trade. The only way Domi stays with Columbus is if he doesn't do well in the next 2 years.

Given that you don't know how many good years Anderson has left, could be six or could be two, you don't go long term if at all possible.

Also there is no path for Domi to stay in Columbus if he isn't good for them. The only way he stays long term is if he fits so well that neither party wants it to end.

He also had a good amount of shift with the best players. He did 1 year. I respect your opinion , but for me i would play the slow card because im not convinced by anybody on this team right now except Suzuki and Petry

That's not right. Josh Anderson played about 1/10 of his minutes with Panarin that year, the majority were with Jenner and Foligno on the shutdown unit. And if you carry a shutdown unit as hard as Anderson did, and the unit dominates, and you also score 27 goals as one of the most feared wingers in the game, then you are a very rare piece. He was the Jackets second most valuable forward that year, behind only Panarin. Atkinson scored 41 goals and there was never any question that Josh was the better player. Maybe he'll never get back to that level, who knows, but the Habs don't need him to do better than that to benefit hugely from this trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad