Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What is there not to like about this guy?
Big, Fast, Tough and can put the puck in the net.

Obviously the speed we knew, but the wrister is really good too and he has silky mitts in tight. He’s not just whacking at pucks in the crease to get goals, he’s going shelf with no time and space.

Reactions: SpezNc2

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
There is A LOT of misinformation going on about Josh Anderson in this thread and related threads. Can I ask that people who don't know the stuff stop leaping to conclusions? Ask more questions and be less assertive, you're just confusing others.

Why do such uninformed people keep saying "catastrophic injury"???? My god you would think the arm came clean out of the socket by the sounds of these posters

People make it sound like he career endingly separated his shoulder...
It was a partial labrum tear.. muscles take TIME to heal especially after surgery...but these professional athletes move on from this sort of injury ALL the time

It just seems worse to people than it was because he had surgery in March that would normally be season ending, but because they restarted the season, he would of been ready had columbus beaten tampa (again)(coincidentally they couldn't do it again without him)

So again people need to cut out this career in danger tone with this gu
y

The career danger thing comes more from the playstyle than the pre-existing injury. The shoulder he had surgery on is likely 100% right now, but you simply can't go full beast-mode like Josh does all the time and expect to play a long career. He's injured both shoulders within the last couple years, by the way.

Does he have a no move clause if not he doesn’t he can’t say no...
Anderson didn’t want to play for CBJ, he had one season before UFA... They get 2 years of a player that might be more productive... they would have gotten 1 at best with Anderson...
Will see when Anderson sign is deal and will see how he perform that will be the only think that matter.

Anderson would still be on the Blue Jackets if he was willing to accept a short term deal with them. The Jackets FO was trying to go short term and Anderson & Ferris were trying to go long term. Josh was an essential player to the Jackets for what he brings as a uniquely powerful player, but they wouldn't bet on his long term health.

Reactions: DAChampion

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Why it so sure that Columbus will get the 2019-2020 Domi and that we will get the 2018-2019 Anderson?

i can argue the opposite too.

Why it so sure that Montreal will get the 2019-2020 Anderson and that Columbus will get the 2018-2019 Domi?

reality is that it’s two players in somewhat same situation but for different reason.

I am very happy we had Anderson. But yes indeed, Domi +3rd pick was a premium price because more team were interested to him compared to Domi.

I can totally understand why someone would not like the trade. But there is definitely a very strong rational about why that trade was made.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I'm going with 5-6 years 4.75 million. Thats my guess. Even if his injury holds hi. Back to just 15-20 goals given the rest of his game the contract wouldn't be terrible. But if he is as healthy as he says and its true that the surgery he had has an extremely high full recovery rate then it ends up being a slightly favorable contract.

I feel like it shows some faith from both sides but also some caution. I nice middle ground.

Also apparently this guy was a Habs fan as a kid? I I heard on Tsn690 his 16th birthday gift was to go to a Habs playoff game. So thats neat.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He's coming off a bad season but part of me still thinks his agent is gonna ask for Tom Wilson money, lol. The agent could very easily ask for 5M, they have all the leverage.

I'm expecting 5 or 6 years @ 5M. I actually really like this trade for us tbh, it's a nice hockey trade. Hoping we sign him longterm.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsQC

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
I'm going with 5-6 years 4.75 million. Thats my guess. Even if his injury holds hi. Back to just 15-20 goals given the rest of his game the contract wouldn't be terrible. But if he is as healthy as he says and its true that the surgery he had has an extremely high full recovery rate then it ends up being a slightly favorable contract.

I feel like it shows some faith from both sides but also some caution. I nice middle ground.

Also apparently this guy was a Habs fan as a kid? I I heard on Tsn690 his 16th birthday gift was to go to a Habs playoff game. So thats neat.
Anderson is a native of Burlington, Ont., and grew up in Leafs Nation.
“Obviously, I went to a lot of Leafs games, but I do remember on my 16th birthday I was fortunate enough to go anywhere in the world and I picked to go to a Montreal playoff game when I was 16,” he said. “So my dad ended up taking me down for the night and I believe the Montreal Canadiens were playing the Pittsburgh Penguins in the playoffs. So just to experience that as a 16-year-old and to see what it was like in the playoffs in the Bell Centre was pretty amazing.
“One of my best buddies actually goes to school in Montreal at McGill,” Anderson added. “I think he’s been there now for a couple of years. I know (Jonathan) Drouin a little bit from the world juniors when I played with him. I don’t know a whole lot (about Montreal). I know just playing there and being in the city it’s a great city to be in and I couldn’t be more excited.”

Wasn't a Habs fan but he did go to the Pens vs Habs Playoffs I believe it was the series Halak was playing out of his mind? Not sure though.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Domi is the better player, but Anderson I think has a better shot. Remember when Philly let Domi take all the shots he wanted with all the time in the world on the PP because they knew he can't score? Anyways, I would be happy with this trade if Suzuki was already a 70 point C, KK a 60 point C, we had an elite PMD on the left side and a star winger. I would also want to trade for Killorn if we were in that situation, but we aren't. Maybe we can be if we sign Hall, Romanov explodes and KK and Suzuki build off their playoff performance. Odds are low though.

Last edited:

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Anderson is a native of Burlington, Ont., and grew up in Leafs Nation.
“Obviously, I went to a lot of Leafs games, but I do remember on my 16th birthday I was fortunate enough to go anywhere in the world and I picked to go to a Montreal playoff game when I was 16,” he said. “So my dad ended up taking me down for the night and I believe the Montreal Canadiens were playing the Pittsburgh Penguins in the playoffs. So just to experience that as a 16-year-old and to see what it was like in the playoffs in the Bell Centre was pretty amazing.
“One of my best buddies actually goes to school in Montreal at McGill,” Anderson added. “I think he’s been there now for a couple of years. I know (Jonathan) Drouin a little bit from the world juniors when I played with him. I don’t know a whole lot (about Montreal). I know just playing there and being in the city it’s a great city to be in and I couldn’t be more excited.”

Wasn't a Habs fan but he did go to the Pens vs Habs Playoffs I believe it was the series Halak was playing out of his mind? Not sure though.

So I guess he was just a fan of the sport and understands what Montreal is to hockey. Not as neat as I thought but I still like the story.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
People gotta realize if Anderson is signed for 5-6 years at 5m. Gallagher is a goner.

You can't roll both for 5-6 years. and play them on the 3rd line if Caufield explode.

Id go for the 2 year and depending on this season you take a decision about Gallagher or Anderson

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
My thoughts pre-Covid, I February:

"I remember some posters didn't want to trade him for Laine, which was craziness.

Anderson's been injured, but he was fantastic last season. It depends on if he can find that form again and improve, if Domi ends up being a 55 point scorer like he always has. If that's what he is and Anderson is the 27 goal scorer, you do that deal every day. He's a piece we're missing."

Needless to say I like this deal even though there's a definite risk we end up on the losing side. But Domi wanted out and wasn't working out anymore unfortunately. Its a very nice vote of confidence to KK and Suzuki as well.
Holy shit dude, I'm really happy to see you back! Hope everything is well.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
So I guess he was just a fan of the sport and understands what Montreal is to hockey. Not as neat as I thought but I still like the story.
I honestly think once Anderson gets here and actually plays in front of an actual crowd he is going to fall in love with playing in our building. I hear a lot about players falling in love with the city of Montreal also. The winters can be very cold but walking around town in the summer has such a nice atmosphere.

I was born in Montreal and raised in Ottawa but whenever I go visit family in Montreal I feel really at home and I just can't put my finger on why I feel so happy just walking around Montreal. Maybe Montreal just has that special "it" factor that nobody can explain. It is no wonder the Petry family fell in love with Montreal also.

Reactions: Redux91

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
People gotta realize if Anderson is signed for 5-6 years at 5m. Gallagher is a goner.

You can't roll both for 5-6 years. and play them on the 3rd line if Caufield explode.

Id go for the 2 year and depending on this season you take a decision about Gallagher or Anderson
Why would Gallagher be a goner? if anything its Byron and Kulak that are shipped off. We have some prospect depth on this team that we can retain our high profile players while shipping out overpaid players and we can get some of our prospects some experience in the NHL. Also maybe Gallagher wants to retire a Hab and gets more term and gives us another sweet contract around 5m instead of 6m+. Not saying it will happen but who knows at this point. I know you are one of our worry wart hab fans but you gotta relax off season hasn't even started so the make up of this team isn't set in stone. Relax my dude :thumbu:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Why would Gallagher be a goner? if anything its Byron and Kulak that are shipped off. We have some prospect depth on this team that we can retain our high profile players while shipping out overpaid players and we can get some of our prospects some experience in the NHL. Also maybe Gallagher wants to retire a Hab and gets more term and gives us another sweet contract around 5m instead of 6m+. Not saying it will happen but who knows at this point. I know you are one of our worry wart hab fans but you gotta relax off season hasn't even started so the make up of this team isn't set in stone. Relax my dude :thumbu:
u completely missed my entire point

sigh

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
If I'm Bergevin I take the risk and sign this guy longterm, I think he will deliver on the ice.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Wow amazing that Domi wasnt ankle skating this season given the hot takes. Last year some people wanted him locked up for 7X7 this year he is a scrub, shelfish and a problem off the ice. Domi is a solid player that believes he can play top 6 center. And while no one thinks he can repeat 72 points, I don't think anyone would be upset with 55points from their second line C.

Andersen doesn't look like he recovered 100 percent from his injury. I hope this extra time off helps, but we may have gotten fleeced. They are moving away from fighting so that kind of reduces one of his intangibles. But as someone who felt we needed more size and grit I am not upset at this KIND of move. However this doesn't feel like a positive move.

I think we gave up too much in a straight trade. I don't care about the 3rd but I was more in thinking we would be upgrading when moving picks and players. This doesn't improve our goal scoring unless he somehow makes a lot of space for his centre. While remaining productive himself. The craziest part is the only stragedy Mb has is trying to keep goals to a minimum. We haven't found anyone to actually boost scoring, the single biggest problem for 9 years under his tenure and going back several GMs.

So the reason we aren't competitive is we can't draft, develop,sign or trade for increased scoring so we end up with all these muddy bottom moves and have to confort ourselves that it will somehow make us better. This trade won't even go down as a win trade. I don't care how Domi does. This will just be another middling move.

This is giving up a 3rd overall and a 3rd rounder for a possible 2nd line winger. Does anyone else see that as a win, I don't. We could have traded for a lot more value for Domi, chuck, or the original 3rd overall. But of course that is taking a risk which we don't do.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Lets just hope hes healthy. Habs have bad luck with injuries hopefully this doesnt add to it for once. Seems bargainbin always goes for injury prone players...... Even in the draft lol

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
My thoughts pre-Covid, I February:

"I remember some posters didn't want to trade him for Laine, which was craziness.

Anderson's been injured, but he was fantastic last season. It depends on if he can find that form again and improve, if Domi ends up being a 55 point scorer like he always has. If that's what he is and Anderson is the 27 goal scorer, you do that deal every day. He's a piece we're missing."

Needless to say I like this deal even though there's a definite risk we end up on the losing side. But Domi wanted out and wasn't working out anymore unfortunately. Its a very nice vote of confidence to KK and Suzuki as well.

How have you been?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We needed a goal scorer, this guy is a shooter, big time. Plays a powerforward kind of game, which is much needed by the Habs.
I was thinking he should have been had for picks, not Domi, but so be it, Domi or Phil were going to go somewhere....
It's a gamble, but for some reason as others have said, I think this is going to work out for us. Hoping he can pot 25-30 goals for us.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
We needed a goal scorer, this guy is a shooter, big time. Plays a powerforward kind of game, which is much needed by the Habs.
I was thinking he should have been had for picks, not Domi, but so be it, Domi or Phil were going to go somewhere....
It's a gamble, but for some reason as others have said, I think this is going to work out for us. Hoping he can pot 25-30 goals for us.

Yeah that's our best outcome. Hoping it materializes. On the rush (1), in the crease (2), buries a quick rebound (3). All three areas where I think Erik *cough* I mean Josh can help us with. Sorry for the video quality it's a little old.

Reactions: David Suzuki

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Anderson is 26. Sign him until he’s 32 and let him retire after. His style of play like Gallagher won’t be effective after 32.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad