Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What I expected...if things go as intended this season, you start discussions on a long term deal next offseason.

Pretty much echoes what Jarmo said in Columbus and why they signed Domi for two years. He said he would like to talk contract again with him next off-season when he'd be eligible for an extension again.

Reactions: Redux91

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
Pretty much echoes what Jarmo said in Columbus and why they signed Domi for two years. He said he would like to talk contract again with him next off-season when he'd be eligible for an extension again.

I would've hoped for a 3 year deal, that would be perfect

Reactions: jaffy27

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I would've hoped for a 3 year deal, that would be perfect

I'd go as far as 4 years. To have that contract settled and not have to worry about it for at least another 3 years, and you can focus on other contracts. And when it's time to look at Anderson's contract again, if he's still here, you evaluate where you are and what moves need to be made.

But I would try to buy myself some peace with a longer term contract.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'd go as far as 4 years. To have that contract settled and not have to worry about it for at least another 3 years, and you can focus on other contracts. And when it's time to look at Anderson's contract again, if he's still here, you evaluate where you are and what moves need to be made.

But I would try to buy myself some peace with a longer term contract.

Yeah I was also hoping for 4 years but I understand there are two sides to a contract and Anderson will want to prove himself after his injury rather than take less on a long term deal because of it.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
David Ettedgui on 91.9 Sports FM, the one who said Habs had a trade for a RW the day before the Anderson trade (although he said it was with a Western Conference team, unless he forgot Columbus is no longer in the West), said that Anderson should be signed over the next couple of days for 2 years between $2.8M-$3.5M.

LOL god that contract would be a DREAM

make it happen marc

Reactions: CHarlie

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I dont think this is unrealistic.....and these 2 year deals ie. Anderson and hopefully Hall....can benefit us big time!!!

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
David Ettedgui on 91.9 Sports FM, the one who said Habs had a trade for a RW the day before the Anderson trade (although he said it was with a Western Conference team, unless he forgot Columbus is no longer in the West), said that Anderson should be signed over the next couple of days for 2 years between $2.8M-$3.5M.

I was hoping we could get him on a longer term, cheap deal but that's why players have agents :). Under $3.5M AAV is solid.

Prove yourself young man and we'll get you your big bag of money in a couple years when the cap goes back up.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
So why did Kekalainen trade him if he could get for 2 years at 3.5 mil and then pay Domi 2 mil more for the same term.

Reactions: cphabs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So why did Kekalainen trade him if he could get for 2 years at 3.5 mil and then pay Domi 2 mil more for the same term.

It's been a few years the relationship between Anderson and Jarmo soured. I think there were hiccups in their last negotiation. He was signed a day or two before the season started, so he missed all of training camp. Looking at CapFriendly, he was signed on October 2nd.

And last year, Anderson wanted to have surgery for his shoulder. The team wanted him to hold off on it. And Anderson didn't appreciate that. He wanted to come back 100% healthy, but the team was hoping he would return to play.

So it was a fractured relationship. It's just this time, Anderson was really available. Whereas before, teams tried to get him, but Jarmo didn't want to move him.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Because of this mirage that people (including kek apparently) think that Domi is that much of a better player than Anderson. Which is ridiculous

The real most probably and likely reason the money would be so low is simply because of the injury that cut short his season and low production that resulted from it(which is now financially fortunate for us)

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Because of this mirage that people (including kek apparently) think that Domi is that much of a better player than Anderson. Which is ridiculous

The real most probably and likely reason the money would be so low is simply because of the injury that cut short his season and low production that resulted from it(which is now financially fortunate for us)

I’m expecting in the 4m range and anything lower is gravy.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

I will be surprised if it’s as low as 3.5 .... except MB loves his 3.5 contracts.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's been a few years the relationship between Anderson and Jarmo soured. I think there were hiccups in their last negotiation. He was signed a day or two before the season started, so he missed all of training camp. Looking at CapFriendly, he was signed on October 2nd.

And last year, Anderson wanted to have surgery for his shoulder. The team wanted him to hold off on it. And Anderson didn't appreciate that. He wanted to come back 100% healthy, but the team was hoping he would return to play.

So it was a fractured relationship. It's just this time, Anderson was really available. Whereas before, teams tried to get him, but Jarmo didn't want to move him.
AjarUnlawfulGeese-max-1mb.gif

and Tortorella loves Lattes but Foligno would have none of it as he’s lactose intolerant, that’s when Zamboni driver told the GM and then........:laugh:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I will be surprised if it’s as low as 3.5 .... except MB loves his 3.5 contracts.
He's not getting over 4M per year...not unless he signs for 4+yrs and the Habs buy more UFA years.

But who knows, i'm sure we'll find out in the next 24-48hrs

Reactions: Ozmodiar

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Gotcha, and to be fair it took under 5 months, with a pandemic that caused work stoppage right before an offseason

and youre right, i certainly dont want to brush his injury under the rug as if it were nothing

All i was trying to say was that at least its not the WORST of the worst when it comes to shoulders, no dislocation, no broken clavicle, no AC joint and such

its not like it took extra time because there was a set back or he cant deal with pain or anything like that, it Take a couple of months to build the arm strength back up through rehab and training

Its not like you just sit around for 5 months and its like "ok enough time has passed i feel better now ill let the GM know im ready to go" lol
Much respect to you!

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
He's not getting over 4M per year...not unless he signs for 4+yrs and the Habs buy more UFA years.

But who knows, i'm sure we'll find out in the next 24-48hrs

I figured he would have gone for Tuch money, 5 years.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

I don't believe that guy, he's a fraud.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I figured he would have gone for Tuch money, 5 years.
Alex Tuch signed a 7yr 33.2M deal (AAV 4.75M) at the age of 23.

Production was similar, but Josh Anderson is older.

I doubt either side really wants a long term deal at this point.

Anderson coming off the year he did, probably wants to reset his value to where it was headed pre-injury and the Habs likely want to take a look at how things go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad