Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
People gotta realize if Anderson is signed for 5-6 years at 5m. Gallagher is a goner.

You can't roll both for 5-6 years. and play them on the 3rd line if Caufield explode.

Id go for the 2 year and depending on this season you take a decision about Gallagher or Anderson
Anderson notwithstanding, Gallagher should be a goner. Making him the highest paid forward on a team starved of talent is just wrong. Not to mention the guy is 5'8 , has a worn down body with limited talent and is 28 yo already. Not to mention that he's one of the few forwards that we have who could dupe other GM's to give a significant return. But since Bergevin doesn't have half a brain, he'll re-sign him to a lucrative deal. Probably within the next weeks. Oy vey

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I think his intention is to become UFA. Next season his UFA season Columbus will trade him. They can’t afford to let him walk.

Oh, yes. That is true as I forgot this would bring him to UFA. Been reading had he stayed, he only wanted one year also.

Honestly, it's within his rights to want to cash in. Just shows me a little more of the fact that I don't think he was as enamored with the city as some may think. I'm sure he enjoyed playing here but his reaction when Marner got his contract and the rumoured pouting when he wasn't playing top-6 center is enough to tell me he was very money motivated.

Again, nothing wrong with that; every player should try to get the best contract they can, but I think MB avoided a potential headache. I'd rather hedge my bets on Suzuki and Kotkaniemi.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
There is A LOT of misinformation going on about Josh Anderson in this thread and related threads. Can I ask that people who don't know the stuff stop leaping to conclusions? Ask more questions and be less assertive, you're just confusing others.

The career danger thing comes more from the playstyle than the pre-existing injury. The shoulder he had surgery on is likely 100% right now, but you simply can't go full beast-mode like Josh does all the time and expect to play a long career. He's injured both shoulders within the last couple years, by the way.

Anderson would still be on the Blue Jackets if he was willing to accept a short term deal with them. The Jackets FO was trying to go short term and Anderson & Ferris were trying to go long term. Josh was an essential player to the Jackets for what he brings as a uniquely powerful player, but they wouldn't bet on his long term health.

It isn’t miss information that their was a riff between Anderson and the CBJ, yes he would still be their if they were willing to give him a long term deal (they weren’t) or he wanted to sign a short term deal (he wasn’t) just like Domi would still be here if he had given him a long term deal last summer or if he wasn’t playing 4th line in the bubble...
The CBJ wouldn’t bet on Anderson long term health or production why wasn’t he willing to bet on is self, but we will make that bet...
We didn’t want to bet on Domi after is great season, but CBJ didn’t have too commit 5-6 years, they limited their risk if he perform they can commit or trade him and if he doesn’t they can do the same...
Will see what Anderson contract look like but Anderson he is bigger risk in term of health and production and yet we had to add... Not saying Anderson is a scrub or one hit wonder like Clarkson or that he can’t be a legit top6 or even out perform Domi but he is far from a sure thing... This move make a lots more sense for CBJ and they are taken less risk, and we added... we might still win the deal but if you think it is a home run right now it a leap of faith.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Can see why Domi is on his 3rd team in 3 years. Talked about knowing better then Rick Tocchet and Claude Julien - good luck with John Torterella.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Can see why Domi is on his 3rd team in 3 years. Talked about knowing better then Rick Tocchet and Claude Julien - good luck with John Torterella.

he's another diva but Torts can set him straight, he'll be a good coach for Domi

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Why do such uninformed people keep saying "catastrophic injury"???? My god you would think the arm came clean out of the socket by the sounds of these posters

People make it sound like he career endingly separated his shoulder...
It was a partial labrum tear.. muscles take TIME to heal especially after surgery...but these professional athletes move on from this sort of injury ALL the time

It just seems worse to people than it was because he had surgery in March that would normally be season ending, but because they restarted the season, he would of been ready had columbus beaten tampa (again)(coincidentally they couldn't do it again without him)

So again people need to cut out this career in danger tone with this guy
I have various medical degrees from the University of Rangoon and the Cincinnati School of Faith Healing. So there!

Reactions: Redux91

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Looks alot like Chris Kreider... If we lock him long term and has close the impact Kreider has, Bergevin will look like a genius once again... Domi is hot garbage, has the vision of Scott Gomez...
It’s likely that Domi will be yet another former that wins a cup or makes it to the finals... how many are there? Off the cuff? I would say 7 in the last 5 years.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Why do such uninformed people keep saying "catastrophic injury"???? My god you would think the arm came clean out of the socket by the sounds of these posters

People make it sound like he career endingly separated his shoulder...
It was a partial labrum tear.. muscles take TIME to heal especially after surgery...but these professional athletes move on from this sort of injury ALL the time

It just seems worse to people than it was because he had surgery in March that would normally be season ending, but because they restarted the season, he would of been ready had columbus beaten tampa (again)(coincidentally they couldn't do it again without him)

So again people need to cut out this career in danger tone with this guy
All kidding aside, an injury to the shoulder that requires surgery and 6 months to recover from? For a player that has to use his size to “clear space” for skilled players? Is catastrophic for his playing style.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
All kidding aside, an injury to the shoulder that requires surgery and 6 months to recover from? For a player that has to use his size to “clear space” for skilled players? Is catastrophic for his playing style.

Partial labrum tear. I found this on Johns Hopkins. What say you?

It is believed that it takes at least four to six weeks for the labrum to reattach itself to the rim of the bone, and probably another four to six weeks to get strong. Once the labrum has healed to the rim of the bone, it should see stress very gradually so that it can gather strength.

A vast majority of patients have full function of the shoulder after labrum repair, and most patients can return to their previous level of sports with no or few restrictions.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
4 years at 4.25M would be a fair deal IMO. Not too risky for us either.
Now that Alzner's off the books, you can take that risk.

A risk because we have no clue where his production/durability will be, after missing considerable time to a shoulder injury and surgery.

Reactions: cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Partial labrum tear. I found this on Johns Hopkins. What say you?

It is believed that it takes at least four to six weeks for the labrum to reattach itself to the rim of the bone, and probably another four to six weeks to get strong. Once the labrum has healed to the rim of the bone, it should see stress very gradually so that it can gather strength.

A vast majority of patients have full function of the shoulder after labrum repair, and most patients can return to their previous level of sports with no or few restrictions.
Thanks!

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Gotcha, and to be fair it took under 5 months, with a pandemic that caused work stoppage right before an offseason

and youre right, i certainly dont want to brush his injury under the rug as if it were nothing

All i was trying to say was that at least its not the WORST of the worst when it comes to shoulders, no dislocation, no broken clavicle, no AC joint and such

its not like it took extra time because there was a set back or he cant deal with pain or anything like that, it Take a couple of months to build the arm strength back up through rehab and training

Its not like you just sit around for 5 months and its like "ok enough time has passed i feel better now ill let the GM know im ready to go" lol

Reactions: cphabs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
David Ettedgui on 91.9 Sports FM, the one who said Habs had a trade for a RW the day before the Anderson trade (although he said it was with a Western Conference team, unless he forgot Columbus is no longer in the West), said that Anderson should be signed over the next couple of days for 2 years between $2.8M-$3.5M.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
David Ettedgui on 91.9 Sports FM, the one who said Habs had a trade for a RW the day before the Anderson trade (although he said it was with a Western Conference team, unless he forgot Columbus is no longer in the West), said that Anderson should be signed over the next couple of days for 2 years between $2.8M-$3.5M.

What I expected...if things go as intended this season, you start discussions on a long term deal next offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad