Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Pacioretty pre-Chara.
Erik Cole.
I know lol I was just kidding.

Not sure I would put Pacioretty in the "power forward" category though.

Erik Cole agreed but neither had the aggressive nature that Josh Anderson has.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know lol I was just kidding.

Not sure I would put Pacioretty in the "power forward" category though.

Erik Cole agreed but neither had the aggressive nature that Josh Anderson has.

Before Chara's hit.. Pacioretty played a power game, not a physical game, but a power game.. that changed after the hit.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Before Chara's hit.. Pacioretty played a power game, not a physical game, but a power game.. that changed after the hit.
Meh...I don't think I've ever seen that in Pacioretty's game, either before the Chara hit or after.

He's a goal scorer who happens to be 6'2 215lbs. He's more of a sniper then he is/was a power forward.

Either way, we're not likely to see Josh Anderson turn the other cheek when/if challenged.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Should read the article in The Athletic by Arpon Basu - not sure if I’m allowed to post..

One of the things I took from that article was that Domi said there was a lack of communication on what he could do to improve. KK also eluded to this big time when he was sent to Laval.

Torts is a much better defensive coach than CJ. We will see if Domi responds well to Tots style or not. Obviously Torts is in on this trade.

Reactions: DAChampion

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Repeatedly see posts of “who cares if MB wins his deals...the team building isn’t any better”....well I’d counter this deal was exactly that “team building ingredient” type deal.
Good point.
This could be a - lose the trade, make the team better.
Perhaps the opposite of what we’re used to.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
IMO, Anderson is the ideal complement to Suzuki-Drouin duo, will create time and space without slowing them down or having cement hands to blow opportunities, all while maintaining defensive awareness - could that possibly put less of a burden on Suzuki to being “the everything” defensively on that line knowing he’s got Anderson who could take on some of that defensive burden, allowing Suzuki to potentially do more offensively? That’s what I’m hoping..

So yes, I expect Suzuki will increase his point totals and the domino effect of that happening eventually forcing opposition to focus on that line allowing Danault & KKs line to face weaker opposition which (theoretically) should increase both lines probabilities of production output improvement

Look at the type of space Armia provided them and he’s not always engaged physically. I think Anderson is more suited for that role.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Look at the type of space Armia provided them and he’s not always engaged physically. I think Anderson is more suited for that role.

So far I have:

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Evans - [GRITTY UFA WINGER]

Insert a physical guy who can play like Maroon on that 4th line, and while there are no superstars on that lineup, you have a pretty deep forward group. This is definitely a case of playing your 3rd line against the 1st line of the other team and playing Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson against slightly weaker opposition. And let Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia feast on the other team's bottom-6 forwards.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You didn't read my post carefully.

Why continue the conversation if you intend to ignore my key points. I highlighted the two years where he broke out, which you ignored. You ignored you're the one who brought up the Drouin trade/Serge trade. You repeat the same simplistic CAREER stats comparison, completely ignoring their different routes and their respective breakouts, which necessitates further context. You also keep ignoring Anderson is better defensively than Domi, also bigger.
Maybe if you're clearer with your writing, people can understand what you're going on about.

You highlighted which two years? In junior, in the A, in the NHL?

Armia is also bigger than Domi and better defensively, doesn't mean a trade of Domi for Armia would be a good one.

Yeah, I'll put aside career stats for your pie in the sky hopes that this player will return to a form he never displayed in the NHL. You're seduced by his size. Plain and simple.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Wait... I didn’t like the deal when we were receiving the 3rd, I guess it made so little sense that we were adding that I couldn’t register or understand the reality... we added a 3rd to Domi to get a guy that is older has never performed at Domi level and had a major injury, and isn’t signed... this is not horrible asset management... we have pick and cap space but MB he just pissing it then away... It speak to the fact that every GM knowns how MB is desperate and maximizing the return for there side, result might be MTL win the trade but the odds are clearly not in our favor...
What kinda of saving will we get why would Anderson sign for any less than Domi they just got trade one on one and they had to add to Domi and they have the same agent...
I don’t care who you trade, you need to get value and manage your asset... Especially since you can’t go out and sign big ...
I have given MB the benefits of the doubt a lot of time even if I didn’t like the move, but now it is clear he a F##£ing amateur and Molson is clearly letting $ getting in the way of greatness...

Reactions: Habs Icing

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
A few thoughts on the trade:

- the Habs got much needed size in a position of need. He scores, but I hope he isn’t MB’s solution to adding much needed scoring. They still have to add talent up front.

- there’s no way the coaching staff doesn’t like this move. Anderson can be out on the RW, and he’ll do his job. You know what you’re getting. Domi played a very ... unpredictable(?) game. Not good on the wing, not reliable in the middle.

- contract extension will be interesting. A healthy Anderson is worth 5, easily. Do the Habs take a chance long-term if they can’t negotiate a lower AAV?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Meh...I don't think I've ever seen that in Pacioretty's game, either before the Chara hit or after.

He's a goal scorer who happens to be 6'2 215lbs. He's more of a sniper then he is/was a power forward.

Either way, we're not likely to see Josh Anderson turn the other cheek when/if challenged.
Patches was definitely playing a power game. Few things happened to him though. He got suspended for a hit, he got destroyed by Chara, and he would repeatedly get hurt because of his playing style.
I vividly remember him getting frustrated after a game where I believe he had hurt his groin and telling the media he will have to change his game otherwise his career will be short.
From that moment on, he became more of a perimeter player.

Reactions: DAChampion and 417

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I guess you missed the comparative so let me rephrase it differently and simply for you. When compared to Julien, Torts coaches a more offensive game.
No he’s doesn’t, Torts employs the classic trap, if anything it’s Julien who’s evolved over the past couple of seasons

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Wait... I didn’t like the deal when we were receiving the 3rd, I guess it made so little sense that we were adding that I couldn’t register or understand the reality... we added a 3rd to Domi to get a guy that is older has never performed at Domi level and had a major injury, and isn’t signed... this is not horrible asset management... we have pick and cap space but MB he just pissing it then away... It speak to the fact that every GM knowns how MB is desperate and maximizing the return for there side, result might be MTL win the trade but the odds are clearly not in our favor...
What kinda of saving will we get why would Anderson sign for any less than Domi they just got trade one on one and they had to add to Domi and they have the same agent...
I don’t care who you trade, you need to get value and manage your asset... Especially since you can’t go out and sign big ...
I have given MB the benefits of the doubt a lot of time even if I didn’t like the move, but now it is clear he a F##£ing amateur and Molson is clearly letting $ getting in the way of greatness...
I think they had to add the 3rd because other teams wanted Anderson. I don’t think Domi was in high demand.

Reactions: 417

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I guess you missed the comparative so let me rephrase it differently and simply for you. When compared to Julien, Torts coaches a more offensive game.

Must be the reason why they scored 32 less goals than the Habs this season.

Or how they only scored 9 more goals the year before despite having Panarin, along with Duchene and Dzingel after the deadline.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think they had to add the 3rd because other teams wanted Anderson. I don’t think Domi was in high demand.
Despite his injury issues and numbers last year.

He was a player in high demand because he's got a unique skill set. There really aren't many players like him.

Call it the "unicorn effect" if you will.

I also thought there was no way we were doing a Domi for Anderson swap, much less adding a pick to that.

But I clearly underestimated Anderson's value around the league.

Supply and demand drives trade cost...this is a perfect example.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Patches was definitely playing a power game. Few things happened to him though. He got suspended for a hit, he got destroyed by Chara, and he would repeatedly get hurt because of his playing style.
I vividly remember him getting frustrated after a game where I believe he had hurt his groin and telling the media he will have to change his game otherwise his career will be short.
From that moment on, he became more of a perimeter player.

The Letang hit is the moment where he completely stopped being physical from what I remember. I mean, if that was enough to throw him off his game, then maybe playing like this simply wasn't in his DNA. Take Anderson on the same sequence (the hit on Letang) he likely doesn't give a crap about the suspension, sits one game, sniffles ammonia and gets right back at it.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Must be the reason why they scored 32 less goals than the Habs this season.

Or how they only scored 9 more goals the year before despite having Panarin, along with Duchene and Dzingel after the deadline.
You're really bringing up this year when they literately were playing AHLers. Julien with more offensive players on his team has been able to accomplish diddly squat offensively with them.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Why didn't we wait at the draft to make a trade?

I mean now that we drafted Guhle, maybe Romanov could have expandable in a trade for Laine.

Domi/Danault + Romanov + X for Laine

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You're really bringing up this year when they literately were playing AHLers. Julien with more offensive players on his team has been able to accomplish diddly squat offensively with them.

You clearly have nothing to say. Just admit that you were wrong about Torts and his system. In what world is the Habs offensive talent better than the Blue Jackets? They have a #1C and a #1RW along with two elite offensive defencemen. The Habs don’t have any of that but still scored more goals.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

High demand is maybe much but he's a feisty top 6 player who can slot in both on the wing/center. His value is not sky high but he could definitely be interesting for a team wanting to add some versatility and a pretty safe bet to put up 40-50pts. Domi's career average is 55pts and he's done that pretty much playing on a bunch of different average lines.
I really don't know why we alienated him down the line up. It's very odd.

Columbus obviously wanted a roster player for Anderson, and one that can play in the top 6.
As much as people are excited about this I wonder why CLB moved on from Anderson. I thought the reason they might move him was because PLD is up for a raise, but clear that's not why since they got Domi in return who'll probably get more than Anderson...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad