Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Were all agree that going around bashing the team is childish, but we already have issues getting player to come to MTL and we keep having player leaving such a way it clearly mean that we have our own issues... Even is Domi look bad in the situation must of other player aren’t seeing it in the same way they see MTL is a bad place to play...

What Domi says has nothing to do with UFAs decisions. Our biggest issue in that case is that most players would rather play in New York or Florida than Montreal. Who can blame them?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Maybe if you're clearer with your writing, people can understand what you're going on about.

You highlighted which two years? In junior, in the A, in the NHL?

Armia is also bigger than Domi and better defensively, doesn't mean a trade of Domi for Armia would be a good one.

Yeah, I'll put aside career stats for your pie in the sky hopes that this player will return to a form he never displayed in the NHL. You're seduced by his size. Plain and simple.

Clearer? It was right there in my first sentence. Instead of admitting you didn't properly read what I said, you try to make it about me. What I wrote was pretty clear:

He scored 46 over 145 games (26 over 82 on avg) between 17-19 as he broke out.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Those calling Domi baby are laughable also. He went from #1 Centre to playing 12 mins with Dale Weise in the most important games of the year. He was completely misused, the biggest team player would not be happy with that. He didn’t say a peep publicly until now.

What should we have done? Play him on the PK instead of Danault? Play him in Suzuki's spot? Or put Kotkaniemi on the 4th line?

The way this team played in the bubble, it's painfully clear the good decisions were made.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Yeahhhhh. And you know why he fired him? Because f***ing Scott Gomez (the biggest bust in Habs trades history) whined about him to the GM. The Devils then went on to get eliminated in the first round that year IIRC.

didnt the Devils make it to the confrence final that year they fired CJ right before playoffs ?

Reactions: Habs Icing

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I get that Julien is a bit old school but what new school coach likes a centre that can’t win battles down low, is poor in the dot, takes bad penalties and turns the puck over in transition.

And he was clearly sulking during the playoffs. There were 3 centres playing better then him and we needed him to show up - one or two timely goals, carry his line, and the team maybe moves on - and he laid an egg. That’s all on him, no matter what you think of the coach.

Loved him in his big season but last year he was completely disengaged. He feels entitled to be a top 6 C which, to my eyes, he isn’t. And I don’t have him above KK, Suzuki or Danault, and he is too godly to play wing, only losers like Ovy play that position.

Good riddance.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Those calling Domi baby are laughable also. He went from #1 Centre to playing 12 mins with Dale Weise in the most important games of the year. He was completely misused, the biggest team player would not be happy with that. He didn’t say a peep publicly until now.
You ask most coach and the will reply the same thing. Its about being confident with what you can expect from a player. The thing with Domi is that if he is not centering his buddys you have no clue what to expect.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
and Julien won the Cup 4 years later... and during this time NJ had 7 different coaches before Boston fired Julien.

Go look at how Bruins player where loving Julien

No, i know tons of player have liked playing for CJ....but not all of them tho...to be expected...

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
He sounds pumped to be with us and wants to sign long term if possible.... Nice

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
What Domi says has nothing to do with UFAs decisions. Our biggest issue in that case is that most players would rather play in New York or Florida than Montreal. Who can blame them?
it isn’t only Domi plenty of player left being very sour... I agree that it doesn’t play a big role overall, media, family, winning and taxes are all reason that play a lot larger roles, but player complaining can’t be a positive...

The Real Guy Lafleur

May 5, 2010
Thurso
Not sure how I feel about this trade. If he wasn't liked by the coach and Domi wasn't happy then Bergevin needed to trade him. And with Anderson I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Reactions: JohnnyB11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad