Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
A few thoughts on the trade:

- the Habs got much needed size in a position of need. He scores, but I hope he isn’t MB’s solution to adding much needed scoring. They still have to add talent up front.

- there’s no way the coaching staff doesn’t like this move. Anderson can be out on the RW, and he’ll do his job. You know what you’re getting. Domi played a very ... unpredictable(?) game. Not good on the wing, not reliable in the middle.

- contract extension will be interesting. A healthy Anderson is worth 5, easily. Do the Habs take a chance long-term if they can’t negotiate a lower AAV?
He’s a step below Tom Wilson who’s a shade over $5MM for 6, we are overpaying a 2nd time if he gets $5MM IMO

But you’re probably right

Reactions: Hope Of Glory

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The Letang hit is the moment where he completely stopped being physical from what I remember. I mean, if that was enough to throw him off his game, then maybe playing like this simply wasn't in his DNA. Take Anderson on the same sequence (the hit on Letang) he likely doesn't give a crap about the suspension, sits one game, sniffles ammonia and gets right back at it.

I think him always getting these little injuries taking him out of games is what really made him change his game. We used to call him Wolverine because he'd get hurt so often and come back super quickly.
All of it together probably made him switch.

Reactions: Ben Chariot

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Before Chara's hit.. Pacioretty played a power game, not a physical game, but a power game.. that changed after the hit.
Pacioretty scored 20 NHL goals before the hit and 260 goals since. He adapted his game to find scoring positions after playing with guys like Cole and Vanek early in his career. I think his adaptation was more of a deliberate attempt to become a better scorer, rather than a result of the Chara hit. Given the numbers, I'd say it was a pretty effective.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Max Domi continuing his bash the Habs tour.

What a child.

I've been saying for quite a while now that he seems like an incredibly selfish individual. His attitude all around gave me a lot of "Subban vibes". He's the walking definition of cringe.

And his reaction from the trade lead me to believe I hit the nail right on the head. It was never about the Montreal Canadiens for Domi. It's always been me, myself and I.

Reactions: OB5

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

Quite oddly, this seems like the first time a player actually has bad things to say about his relationship with a guy like Julien. Every single player he's coached in the past only said classy things about him and how he treats all players with a lot of respect.

Oh well... these comments are probably a reality check to a lot of people. The guy was actually not having a great attitude.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Seguin is pretty much a perennial loser at this point in the NHL. So maybe Julien had a point...

Remember Lou Lam?

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/devi...-julien-with-less-than-a-week-to-go-in-season

Lamoriello understands why people around hockey Monday were surprised, or even stunned, by the decision given New Jersey's No. 2 ranking in the Eastern Conference.
"Without question," Lamoriello said. ". . . It's surprising to people but they only have the surface and not the knowledge. This was an easy decision not to make. It's certainly a decision that's more difficult to make."
One GM, who requested anonymity Monday, told CP: "I thought April Fool's Day had moved a day."
Earlier Monday, Lamoriello repeated to reporters outside the Devils' deserted locker-room at Continental Airlines Arena that he didn't feel his team was mentally ready for the playoffs.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
The Bergevin regime is a clown show. McNiven and Domi’s comments concur. For someone who preaches character and leadership, their seems to be a lack there of from management.

Reactions: Hope Of Glory

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The Bergevin regime is a clown show. McNiven and Domi’s comments concur. For someone who preaches character and leadership, their seems to be a lack there of from management.

and a lack of character from the players they acquire..

Poehling, Domi and Drouin.. like, preaching character and then acquiring these guys...

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Max Domi continuing his bash the Habs tour.

What a child.
Were all agree that going around bashing the team is childish, but we already have issues getting player to come to MTL and we keep having player leaving such a way it clearly mean that we have our own issues... Even is Domi look bad in the situation must of other player aren’t seeing it in the same way they see MTL is a bad place to play...

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Oh great so after the trade all he did with his buddy Josh is tell him how horrible it is to play for Claude. What a baby

I've been having this kind of vibes from him for several months. It was a letdown on my part at the time but in my mind trading him had to be a priority this offseason.

Good riddance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad