Proposal: ANA/WPG: Lindholm for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I honestly don't see many valuable pieces that MTL has that would make Ana bite. I posted the proposal because it would have to overpayment for ducks to trade their 1D. DP= draft pick

For Ducks: Weber, Pacs, Galchenyuk, Gallagher.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
For Ducks: Weber, Pacs, Galchenyuk, Gallagher.

Weber way to pricey would rather pay hampus what he wants considering he's a lot younger. Gallagher wouldn't be a good enough starting piece for me 40pt 5'9 player doesn't scream heavy ducks hockey. Patches and chuck are best assets but doubt MTL would deal either

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Weber way to pricey would rather pay hampus what he wants considering he's a lot younger. Gallagher wouldn't be a good enough starting piece for me 40pt 5'9 player doesn't scream heavy ducks hockey. Patches and chuck are best assets but doubt MTL would deal either
I'd love Gallagher on this team. He's small, but he's thick, he's strong, and he plays like he's a foot taller. Most small players have a hard time playing a gritty game but Gallagher does it extremely well.

Not for Lindholm though. That's too much to give up for him.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

Agreed on everything except for Gallagher. He's not a 40 point player. No idea why you would call him one. In his rookie year, he was on pace for upwards of 50 points and 28 goals. He then scores 41 pts and 19 goals in a full season, not bad at all, and 11 points in the playoffs.
Since then, 47 points, including 24 goals in 2014-15, and 40 points in 53 games, least season, which would have put him on pace for 62 points including 29 goals.

So yeah, Absolutely no way hes a 40 pt player, come on man, do some research before judging others. He's been on a very nice development curve. He can score, he can put up points, he can chirp away and he can play very rough. Too me, he's worth alot esp when he's the habs spark plug.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I'd love Gallagher on this team. He's small, but he's thick, he's strong, and he plays like he's a foot taller. Most small players have a hard time playing a gritty game but Gallagher does it extremely well.

Not for Lindholm though. That's too much to give up for him.

I agree thats too much, but say he wants out, would Gallgher + prospects/picks/roster players work for you? I mean in pure value (knowing he wants out) not really in a realistic trade since Lindholm most likely stays in ANA and gets paid.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Agreed on everything except for Gallagher. He's not a 40 point player. No idea why you would call him one. In his rookie year, he was on pace for upwards of 50 points and 28 goals. He then scores 41 pts and 19 goals in a full season, not bad at all, and 11 points in the playoffs.
Since then, 47 points, including 24 goals in 2014-15, and 40 points in 53 games, least season, which would have put him on pace for 62 points including 29 goals.

So yeah, Absolutely no way hes a 40 pt player, come on man, do some research before judging others. He's been on a very nice development curve. He can score, he can put up points, he can chirp away and he can play very rough. Too me, he's worth alot esp when he's the habs spark plug.

I did research and it showed me he has never hit 50 Pts. On pace for doesn't mean a thing to me. There are a ton of variables that go into a hockey season. Once he starts hitting 50 consistently I will call him a 50pt player but right now he's a 40pt guy give or take. But I want to thank you for posting all the stats that proved to me that my claim was right.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I did research and it showed me he has never hit 50 Pts. On pace for doesn't mean a thing to me. There are a ton of variables that go into a hockey season. Once he starts hitting 50 consistently I will call him a 50pt player but right now he's a 40pt guy give or take. But I want to thank you for posting all the stats that proved to me that my claim was right.

lol
I would then argue that 47 is closer to 50 than it is to 40, so then again ur wrong :laugh:
He's 50 pt player.

Btw whats ur team?

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Not really sure why some people are admitting that Lindholm is better but at the same time, saying it would be a good deal for the Ducks to get Trouba and a small + for him. If Lindholm's better, how does that equate to being a good deal for the Ducks? Let's not pretend they're looking to trade him. If they were, then that might be different. But, since they're not, why would trading for a downgrade be a good deal?

Also, to the Montreal offers...only piece I feel would be fair in a Lindholm deal with be Galchenyuk...even then I wouldn't do it as a Duck fan. This is not saying that Gallagher isn't good, but he just isn't a main piece that's worthy of getting a young, soon to be STAR D-man. Adding other pieces, doesn't make up for it.

Until it's said that they can't sign him and are considering trade options, I just don't see anybody offering what Ducks fans would accept as fair. Outside of that, no Duck fan is on board with trading him for anything other than a significant over payment. Nothing to get upset about, it's just that there's no reason to believe he's getting traded at this point in time.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County

Don't bother arguing the "on pace" thing. I argued against JVR being a consistent 30 goal scorer and was crucified because his on pace stats say that he is. I agree with you on this though...until you actually do it, you shouldn't be classified as such.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Not really sure why some people are admitting that Lindholm is better but at the same time, saying it would be a good deal for the Ducks to get Trouba and a small + for him. If Lindholm's better, how does that equate to being a good deal for the Ducks? Let's not pretend they're looking to trade him. If they were, then that might be different. But, since they're not, why would trading for a downgrade be a good deal?

Also, to the Montreal offers...only piece I feel would be fair in a Lindholm deal with be Galchenyuk...even then I wouldn't do it as a Duck fan. This is not saying that Gallagher isn't good, but he just isn't a main piece that's worthy of getting a young, soon to be STAR D-man. Adding other pieces, doesn't make up for it.

Until it's said that they can't sign him and are considering trade options, I just don't see anybody offering what Ducks fans would accept as fair. Outside of that, no Duck fan is on board with trading him for anything other than a significant over payment. Nothing to get upset about, it's just that there's no reason to believe he's getting traded at this point in time.

I def dont see the Habs dealing Galchenyuk for Lindholm. But yeah Lindholm is really good and will stay as a Duck for a long time.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
I def dont see the Habs dealing Galchenyuk for Lindholm. But yeah Lindholm is really good and will stay as a Duck for a long time.

Agreed...I don't think they would either. I also don't think the Ducks would do it, even though it would be a good offer. Both teams would probably give a polite no thank you.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014

Ya Considering ducks already have their star 1C they would pass. 1D is what they have lacked since niedermayer left. Can't trade him now that you got him. Move assets even if they sting a little to keep a 1D

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I agree thats too much, but say he wants out, would Gallgher + prospects/picks/roster players work for you? I mean in pure value (knowing he wants out) not really in a realistic trade since Lindholm most likely stays in ANA and gets paid.
I just don't like Gallagher coming back as the main piece. If we are moving out Lindholm, I'd like to see an elite young forward coming back. Like Galchenyuk, but I don't see Montreal moving him.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
lol
I would then argue that 47 is closer to 50 than it is to 40, so then again ur wrong :laugh:
He's 50 pt player.

Btw whats ur team?

One season close to a number doesn't make that player a said number scorer. He's had more seasons closer to 40 then 50 so if you want to claim that 47 is closer to 50 so he's a 50pt guy I will rebuttal with he had a outlier season. Which is fact, but he's only had 4 seasons under his belt if he progresses he can absolutely be a 50pt guy but until he actually hits that mark he's a 40 sorry

Oct 18, 2011
Why would the ducks want to trade for a worse player who will want a similar contract to Lindholm. No thanks, Lindholm is better, so Trouba and spare parts does not get it done.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
One season close to a number doesn't make that player a said number scorer. He's had more seasons closer to 40 then 50 so if you want to claim that 47 is closer to 50 so he's a 50pt guy I will rebuttal with he had a outlier season. Which is fact, but he's only had 4 seasons under his belt if he progresses he can absolutely be a 50pt guy but until he actually hits that mark he's a 40 sorry

On pace for 60 points and is def not just a 50 pt player. I think hes good for 60/yr

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary

He's not.
81 games 41 points
82 games 47 points
I don't see a 50 in there do you? I certainly don't see a 60 in there :laugh:

So is McDavid a 90 point player? I mean he was on pace for 87 points and thats closer to 90 than 80 lol

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He's not.
81 games 41 points
82 games 47 points
I don't see a 50 in there do you? I certainly don't see a 60 in there :laugh:

So is McDavid a 90 point player? I mean he was on pace for 87 points and thats closer to 90 than 80 lol

McDavid is good for 87 pts/year lmao.

Gallgher:
28 pts 44gms (on pace for 52)
41 pts
47 pts
41 pts (on pace for 62)

Sounds good to me. Not only can he produce, score and play rough, he has some amazing advanced numbers. In fact, they have him as a 81% chance of being a top line player based on those numbers.

Seeing ur a flames fans, he has much better advanced numbers than Monahan. I ask u this what do u see in Bennet?? a 30 point player?? I will take a '40 point' player over him any day.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Would the ducks do Trouba for Lindholm and a cap dump? As we know those d men are pretty close and the Jets will have some cap space the next couple years, and the ducks are pretty tight are they not?

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Sometimes I work a lot of OT and am on pace to be a millionaire, but then reality sets in and I'm still broke like the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad