Proposal: ANA/WPG: Lindholm for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If the Ducks can't sign Lindholm (only reason to trade him), then they can't sign Trouba who will make a very similar amount. What's the point?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
terrible for ducks. Lindholm by far the better player, more points and by far better advanced numbers. Ez no from ducks.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
how do their possession metrics match up? and ES scoring from the past 3 seasons? Lindholm is a much better player at the moment

No. He's not. Better...sure we'll go with that. But not a whole hell of a lot.

Anyways that's not the idea here. Both players haven't signed yet, maybe a change of scenery is what's needed.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
I'm not sure Anaheim does this even if the Jets add Laine. You don't trade Hampus unless you try to tank.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Lindholm and Trouba are very comparable. L only outscored T by 7 points with playing more pp time on the top ranked pp on the league. T actually outscored L at even strength this past season.

And they say Winnipeg fans over rate their players.

Marginally.

They played similar QOC and almost identical TOI. Their Corsi's are even similar, despite Trouba playing with Stuart.

He was about 2% lower then Trouba. And Trouba plays in front of Pavelec....the worst goalie ever. Yet still has a great Corsi.

How about instead of just trying to justify that the two players are equal, why not explain why Anaheim would want to do this? We value Lindholm more (if you value Trouba the same or more, fine), and we need him more than Trouba. Do you have a proposal that makes us better, or are you just going to stick with "I know Duck fans don't think so, but the two players are similar in value so let's make a deal"? Did you honestly expect that post to get very far?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I'm not sure Anaheim does this even if the Jets add Laine. You don't trade Hampus unless you try to tank.

That's a gross exaggeration.

Goalies have absolutely nothing to do with a player's Corsi. :laugh:

And to your assertion that Lindholm and Trouba are analytically similar:

http://i.imgur.com/WFrbxQe.png

The thing that baffles me is that he says let's keep this civil, yet gets defensive when we don't want to it because of how he sees their values.

I'm failing to see where he's coming from, from an Anaheim perspective.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Ducks are going to have a hard time signing Lindholm and Rakel with only $7.5 million in Cap Space. (I assume he wants at least Reilly money so that only leaves $2.5 for Rakel assuming ownership will actually spend to the cap.)

I've thought Lindholm and Stoner for Trouba plus (Dano?) could make sense for both teams.

Frees up an extra $3.25 in cap space and would allow the Ducks to 1) keep Fowler, 2) sign Rakel long term 3) sign Trouba long term and 4) add the middle 6 cheap winger they're looking for.

From the Jets perspective they get the "left handed Trouba" that we'd need in a Trouba trade, lose Dano but that just means that Connor starts in the NHL and we would have lost Dano in the expansion draft anyway. We bury Stoner in the minors and have the cap space to be able to do it and sign Lindholm long term.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005

anigif_enhanced-14095-1439910651-2.gif

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015

Anyways that's not the idea here. Both players haven't signed yet, maybe a change of scenery is what's needed.

You keep saying that, but you must realize you're in the minority with that opinion right? There was just a poll on this recently:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2119461

Lindholm was ranked 20th, Trouba 47th. A gap that size is most likely filled with a high end prospect.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Yes! And the thread is now complete! Hero Charts to save the day!!
For the record, I'm not a fan of analytics, but I've got to argue within the bubble that we're talking in right now.
Too true about the goalie...but hero charts are messed up. I looked up the actual numbers.
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...100&teamid=0&type=corsi&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC
Lindholm is 5th in CF%, Trouba is 66th, and only 4th on his own team.

(also, for the record, look at most of the people in the top 10 and you'll see why I don't like Corsi as a sole means of evaluation)

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Ducks are going to have a hard time signing Lindholm and Rakel with only $7.5 million in Cap Space. (I assume he wants at least Reilly money so that only leaves $2.5 for Rakel assuming ownership will actually spend to the cap.)

I've thought Lindholm and Stoner for Trouba plus (Dano?) could make sense for both teams.

Frees up an extra $3.25 in cap space and would allow the Ducks to 1) keep Fowler, 2) sign Rakel long term 3) sign Trouba long term and 4) add the middle 6 cheap winger they're looking for.

From the Jets perspective they get the "left handed Trouba" that we'd need in a Trouba trade, lose Dano but that just means that Connor starts in the NHL and we would have lost Dano in the expansion draft anyway. We bury Stoner in the minors and have the cap space to be able to do it and sign Lindholm long term.

This makes sense. I wouldn't want us to do it, but there's some thought and logic behind it. I'd decline and rather spend other assets along with Stoner and keep Lindholm. That said, it's a good offer, and does make sense for both teams.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

Why would we want Lindholm to have a change of scenery? As Heusy said, there's no offer that we've seen this summer that we'd rather take over keeping Lindholm.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
They played similar QOC and almost identical TOI. Their Corsi's are even similar, despite Trouba playing with Stuart.

It says something when you are arguing in favor of trading your guy, while Anaheim is arguing to keep theirs. I think that paints a picture of who may be the better player

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
The difference between the 2 is not a top prospect like Laine, Connor or even Ehlers. Petan at the most IMO. Unless Anaheim wants a '17 2nd instead.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
You obviously could consider the fact that Trouba would be easier to bridge now, which would certainly help with the salary situation Anaheim's in. But instead, we can post >>'s to make everyone's day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad