Proposal: ANA/WPG: Lindholm for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Much rather make a Trouba deal than giving the Oilers a player like Lindholm. With McDavid on that team, don't expect other teams to give really good pieces without you giving up something better in return (Hall for Larsson).
Klefbom plus 2017 1st(unprotected) for Lindholm?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm not sure Anaheim does this even if the Jets add Laine. You don't trade Hampus unless you try to tank.

I value Lindholm quite a bit more than Trouba but this is ridiculous. Laine is going to be one hell of a NHLer and is not a toss in by any means.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I hate siding with Jet fans, but I've watched alot of both these guys and Trouba is probably on par with Lindholm. The money side of it? I have no idea.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lindholm and Trouba are very comparable. L only outscored T by 7 points with playing more pp time on the top ranked pp on the league. T actually outscored L at even strength this past season.

And they say Winnipeg fans over rate their players.

Dude I love both these players. It's not close man. Trouba has high upside but right now that's all he's got. Lindholm outproduced him and he's easily better defensively. A factor you failed to disclose I'm assuming because you know the metrics would show as much but hey spoiler alert: defense is more important in a defenseman than offense.

I'd be happy for Winnipeg if they won this right handed robbery but I'd be furious with the Ducks and Trouba was the defenseman I most wanted during the 2012 draft.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Canadiens offer Gallagher (great contract value)+ (Beaulieu, Pateryn, etc) for Lindholm. I know value is off for habs but this decreases the D logjam in ANA and gives the habs a good duo with Weber.

Yes, I know Lindholm is the last D to get traded by the Ducks because of how good he is, but say he wants out, would a Gallagher proposal be good enough for the Ducks?

Would ducks fans have a heart attack if this were to happen?

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Lmao the difference between Trouba and Lindholm is a lot more than Petan lmao.

OP has no idea who Lindholm is apparently

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Canadiens offer Gallagher (great contract value)+ (Beaulieu, Pateryn, etc) for Lindholm. I know value is off for habs but this decreases the D logjam in ANA and gives the habs a good duo with Weber.

Yes, I know Lindholm is the last D to get traded by the Ducks because of how good he is, but say he wants out, would a Gallagher proposal be good enough for the Ducks?

Would ducks fans have a heart attack if this were to happen?

Habs don't have what it takes to get Lindholm unless it's Price. Gallagher is nowhere near good enough to be the main peace

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Habs don't have what it takes to get Lindholm unless it's Price. Gallagher is nowhere near good enough to be the main peace

most likely on gallagher not being enough but the habs have more than just Price and Price is an ez no.

Last edited:

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I agree there needs to be an add from WPG but asking for Ehlers, Connor or for that one poster, Laine, is ridiculous. I could only imagine how ducks fans would feel if the Jets said that Theadore would need to be the + to Fowler for Trouba.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Trouba and Petan don't get the job done today, maybe Trouba + Perreault? Ducks get their versatile forward back who can play center or wing and Trouba. Not sure how they'd go about balancing the salaries though. Someone who knows the Ducks situation a bit better could probably elaborate on that.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Much rather make a Trouba deal than giving the Oilers a player like Lindholm. With McDavid on that team, don't expect other teams to give really good pieces without you giving up something better in return (Hall for Larsson).

Exactly, divisional rival considerations always need to be made.

ANA wouldn't want to even consider doing anything to help us.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Patches + top prospect +DP

But MTL already had their 1D I don't see them being interested in gutting the team for another

YA....NO. Your talking top 5 D-man territory which is a far cry from Lindholm.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Unless both players don't want to play for their respective teams.

If Trouba would prefer to sit out, then Wpg might be motivated to trade him in a deal in which they don't "win" the trade.
I recently read that Lindholm called the ducks "cheap" so there's the possibility he might want out. So while Wpg fans think that Trouba = Lindholm and Ana fans think that Lindholm > Trouba, perhaps some sort of deal with some kind of add on Wpg's side work, or as a previous poster mentioned, Wpg could also pickup a bad Ana contract in the trade.
To me the add is the tricky part, as Ana fans wants it to be an "A" forward like Ehlers or an "A" prospect like "Conner" but Wpg fans think it should be a "B" player like Lowry or a "B" prospect like Petan.
But for right now, nothing of the sort has come out. The word Lindholm said translated out as "economical" in Google (which I understand isn't completely reliable :laugh:), while "skambud" translated as "lowball bids". This means either:

1) Bob Murray is being an idiot and IS trying to lowball Lindholm with an offer in the low 4s. (though all his comparables are from 5-6)
2) Lindholm is being an idiot and expecting P.K. Subban money. I believe his agent doesn't like Bob Murray so that could be playing a significant factor as well.

Now, I don't know a whole lot about Trouba and the situation he's in up in Winnipeg, but I do think Winnipeg would definitely look at a Lindholm-Trouba+ swap but that plus would have to be pretty big to get Anaheim to bite, and Anaheim probably won't bite unless it's clear that our relations with Lindholm (and his agent) sit near absolute zero.

For me to bite on it, it absolutely would have to be an A-level prospect like Ehlers or Connor, though I can't see Winnipeg giving up that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad