Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
No, kid is a spoiled brat who didn't get his way and refused to talk to anyone and throw a temper tantrum
Yet according to Elliotte Friedman he would be a Flyer right now if they had just signed him after his freshman season like teams do with 95% of top 5 picks who play in the NCAA.

If your boss told you that you deserve a promotion but they're not going to give it to you right now because of budgetary concerns you would be pissed too.

Mohar Ikram

Dec 27, 2021
Muadzam Shah, Pahang, Malaysia

"There is no people saying things here"

Yeah, Classic Friedman. I don't believe that scenario.

Besides, what did he lost if Philly was unwilling to sign him yet? He can go back to the college to rev up his play.

One more thing, he is so unprofessional and take a very arrogant action what he did back then. What he need to do is came to training camp and prove Philly is wrong. Not ghosted them.

Weak.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
It sounds like one line describes this situation (Especially after listening to the Fridge on Jeff Marek's show): "What we have here is a failure to communicate".

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Refusing to sign your 5th overall pick after a 1.15 ppg freshman NCAA season is insane. Even crazier if the reason truly was concern over bonus overages, as if the Flyers are some elite Cup contender desperately needing to preserve every cent of cap space.
Well, you do those kinds of things when you're not rebuilding

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
"There is no people saying things here"

Yeah, Classic Friedman. I don't believe that scenario.

Besides, what did he lost if Philly was unwilling to sign him yet? He can go back to the college to rev up his play.

One more thing, he is so unprofessional and take a very arrogant action what he did back then. What he need to do is came to training camp and prove Philly is wrong. Not ghosted them.

Weak.

$900k before taxes, give or take, and a year longer wait to sign contract #2

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
Yet according to Elliotte Friedman he would be a Flyer right now if they had just signed him after his freshman season like teams do with 95% of top 5 picks who play in the NCAA.

If your boss told you that you deserve a promotion but they're not going to give it to you right now because of budgetary concerns you would be pissed too.
And nickel and dime-ing your 5th overall pick playing in the NCAA is just pure stupidity and playing with fire from a front office perspective.

There’s a reason most GMs are willing to burn an ELC year to get their elite college prospects to sign.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
That money was there, He just needs to wait if Philly still unwilling or Philly trade him in "GOOD FAITH" and no bad blood if Philly thinks he's not it.

You don't have to create a scene. Philly org. this time are not stupid to let his rights being expired.
That's money he isn't being paid now

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
It'd be hilarious if Gauthier turns around and tells Anaheim he doesn't want to play there either lol
I think that has to be the expectation at this point. Do we know if he even wants to play pro hockey at this point?

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

My boss has a larger view of the organization and perspectives unbeknownst to me. If I had no professional industry experience and I held an industry leader's feet to the fire then I'd be laughed at, rightfully. To then ignore the industry leader and his peers completely until I found another leader willing to give me a chance is just mindboggling immaturity.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
My boss has a larger view of the organization and perspectives unbeknownst to me. If I had no professional industry experience and I held an industry leader's feet to the fire then I'd be laughed at, rightfully. To then ignore the industry leader and his peers completely until I found another leader willing to give me a chance is just mindboggling immaturity.
Or maybe his agent who's probably has more experience in this field than Briere thought it was a joke and disrespectful.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Team in rebuild hasn’t had recent success you say? That’s ground breaking information.
Must be, considering the dunk here is that the Oilers DOD did not have recent success while it was in a rebuild.

OT, Gauthier seems like a real life Stifler in his interviews.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Getting a bit spicier!

If Gauthier feels strongly enough about it, I would expect to see him sign with Anaheim immediately rather than wait until school year end.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Don't think he can have an agent as a college player.
he can have an "advisor" who is generally a big name agent. For example, Celebrini is going to sign with Brisson, just like Owen Power did, but he was just an "advisor" at that stage.

Getting a bit spicier!

If Gauthier feels strongly enough about it, I would expect to see him sign with Anaheim immediately rather than wait until school year end.
Guys rarely leave school mid-year. Last big example of that was Okposo like 15 years ago. Usually guys who leave mid-season are guys not happy with playing time and go to the CHL.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Dang, there goes Zamula's run on PP1, lol.

Something about that kid is so endearing.
FYI...here is a simply AWESOME Zamula interview in Russian where he goes on at length about the NHL, the Flyers, Tortorella, Russian camaraderie in the NHL, lots of stuff...it is fantastic, much more colorful than the usual glimpses we get behind the scenes..

Don't read if you're counting on Torts- or Flyer-bashing though, it's not that at all....the opposite in fact.

one brief excerpt:

Zemula: ...it was the same story with Torts, and he loves it when you can show character and stand up for yourself. If he starts to choke you, and you sit with your mouth closed, he will eat you.

Interviewer: And you answered such a wolf?!

Zemula: Well, he doesn’t choke me, I’m still young. There was a moment when they (Flyers) missed a goal because of me, and it became 0:1. He wanted to say something, but I had already driven up to the bench and spread my arms. In the end, he simply explained the error to me and that was all. Tortorella looks at psychology - who can handle harsh criticism and who can't. And with this he takes players to another level.

Last edited:

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Yeah, the rookie GM who was hired probably 10 days before this incident happened is truly all-knowing. Telling your boss to shove it and finding a different job is a rational response (assuming you have options, which Gauthier clearly does) not "mindboggling immaturity."

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I have no doubt the Flyers would have taken care of this kid financially.

You think any team ever gets to the second contract and goes, "yeah we know you missed out on almost a million in year 1, and multiple millions by having to wait an extra year for the next contract, but now that we've come to a deal on your 2nd contract we'll tack on a few million more to make up for it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad