Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
So the Flyers were too cheap/incompetent to sign Gauthier even though he wanted to sign with them at the end of last season and now they're trying to sic their fans on Gauthier? What an embarrassing organization.
THIS.

This is clearly 100% the Flyers fault for leaving their prospects out to dry and leaving them in an uncertain situation.

I don't blame Gauthier at all for wanting some security in his future. Absolutely disgusting that Flyers fans will continue to harass this kid despite the fact the the Flyers org scummed him PLUS they still got a good young player anyway.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
That isnt at all what Friedman said - is it so hard to listen to a three minute clip, or do you just enjoy making up false premises?
Did you listen to it yourself? It's exactly what he said. Gauthier wanted to sign with the Flyers at the end of 22-23 but the Flyers refused because they didn't want to accrue a bonus overage. Perfectly reasonable for a 5th overall pick who put up a great freshman season at BC to be insulted by this but Flyers PR is now trying to paint him as some spoiled entitled brat.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
THIS.

This is clearly 100% the Flyers fault for leaving their prospects out to dry and leaving them in an uncertain situation.

I don't blame Gauthier at all for wanting some security in his future. Absolutely disgusting that Flyers fans will continue to harass this kid despite the fact the the Flyers org scummed him PLUS they still got a good young player anyway.

I'm sure the user I Hate Philadelphia is completely unbiased in their views here.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
It doesnt. They go all the way to Sweden to talk to him, not to make him sign some document behind the back of his agent. You meet them and you tell them: i will not play for you. Please trade me. Thats what you do.
Maybe in the middle of the world juniors a a team chasing gold, he didn’t want to get in a distracting meeting

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Why pretend to be a Flyers fan if you willingly ignore the actual information just to fit your narrative of how awful the Flyers are?

Either stop watching them or shut up lmfao - holy shit youre annoying

the Flyers werent willing to go over the cap to sign Gauthier BEFORE THRE SEASON, so they said to wait until camp - poor baby Gauthier was offended and took his ball home

I see now why a lot of teens grow up like pieces of shit; the enabling in todays world is mind-numbing

They could have agreed to burn a year without overages, in training camp; this isnt that difficult...
No, he has to play 10 games last year (which he could have) to burn the ELC year. They can't burn a year retroactively. So, I don't know how you think they could decide to burn a year at training camp.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Did you listen to it yourself? It's exactly what he said. Gauthier wanted to sign with the Flyers at the end of 22-23 but the Flyers refused because they didn't want to accrue a bonus overage. Perfectly reasonable for a 5th overall pick who put up a great freshman season at BC to be insulted by this but Flyers PR is now trying to paint him as some spoiled entitled brat.

He didn't even show up to Development Camp prior to the 22-23 season. Wouldn't you expect him to show up for that and meet with the team to discuss again if he has a great camp? Instead he acted like an entitled baby and put them on ignore.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
He didn't even show up to Development Camp prior to the 22-23 season. Wouldn't you expect him to show up for that and meet with the team to discuss again if he has a great camp? Instead he acted like an entitled baby and put them on ignore.
Wrong. He showed up to development camp prior to the 22-23 season. It was the development camp prior to the 23-24 season, i.e. after the Flyers refused to sign him, that he skipped.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He was at the 2022 development camp. He didn't show up to the 2023 one because by then he had requested a trade.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah those Cale Makar and Quinn Hughes kids really suck cause they stayed a second year, huh?
Just because they stayed two years in college, why should that mean Gauthier has to? One of those years for Quinn Hughes was before he was drafted.

Larkin didn't stay two years

Hanifin didn't stay two years

Kyle Connor didn't stay two years

Keller didn't stay two years

Brady Tkachuk didn't stay two years

Farabee didn't stay two years

Zegras didn't stay two years

Cooley didn't stay two years

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
THIS.

This has already been debunked. Flyers wanted to sign Gauthier, he did want to sign with them and wanted to return to BC. He informed them later on, via phone, that he did not want to play for the organization when they were expecting him to call to discuss signing.

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Wrong. He showed up to development camp prior to the 22-23 season. It was the development camp prior to the 23-24 season, i.e. after the Flyers refused to sign him, that he skipped.

Yep.

Pretty clear that Flyers fans are going to willingly ignore reality once again here and instead default to their typical toxic behavior + support of their scum franchise. Sad to see.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Why pretend to be a Flyers fan if you willingly ignore the actual information just to fit your narrative of how awful the Flyers are?
Why pretend to be Devils fan if all you're going to do is make lame excuses for the failures of Flyers management? :laugh:

Reactions: Amorgus

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
No, he has to play 10 games last year (which he could have) to burn the ELC year. They can't burn a year retroactively. So, I don't know how you think they could decide to burn a year at training camp.
The Flyers burnt a year of Lyon's ELC without him playing a game

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
That is incorrect; Luke Hughes played two games and had a year burned before he touched NHL ice

Teams can elect to burn the first year of an ELC, retroactively or not, if it is agreed upon during the structuring of the contract

Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, and more have done this within just the last five years

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Refusing to sign your 5th overall pick after a 1.15 ppg freshman NCAA season is insane. Even crazier if the reason truly was concern over bonus overages, as if the Flyers are some elite Cup contender desperately needing to preserve every cent of cap space.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020

He wasn't a teenager. Contracts 'slide' in a players 18 or 19 year should they play 9 games or fewer

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Honestly as a Flyer fan I am pretty happy with the trade. A decent return for a player that hasn't proven jack in the NHL. Granted I have always been more bearish on Gauthier than most Flyer fans. I remember that him being too dumb to play center was stated by a few prospect experts before the 2022 draft. So that isn't just something Briere said to throw shade on the kid. Even Anaheim's trade announcement called him a LW. So I don't feel like we lost a top6 center prospect in this deal. Wingers, especially LWs are easier to come by.

I am not even too pissed about him not wanting too be a Flyer. I think more prospects, especially high end ones should be upfront in the interview process. Maybe they are I dunno and CG is an outlier. Now him doing a complete 180 from his draft interview to a few month later pisses me off.

My theory is Cutter Gauthier is afraid of senior citizen John Tortorella. He's a demanding coach and if Cutter's camp doesn't even have the balls to have a face to face with the most non-intimidating GM in Briere. Torts would make him wussy cry. Daily.

He's a good riddance to bad rubbish player. Not saying he's a trash player, because I do believe he will be pretty good. Maybe not 5th overall good. Just a big little b-word.

• Love

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
It'd be hilarious if Gauthier turns around and tells Anaheim he doesn't want to play there either lol

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
That is incorrect; Luke Hughes played two games and had a year burned before he touched NHL ice

Teams can elect to burn the first year of an ELC, retroactively or not, if it is agreed upon during the structuring of the contract

Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, and more have done this within just the last five years
That's because they were signed as 20 year olds. Luke Hughes and Makar had to play just one game to burn a year. Similar to Matthew Knies for the Leafs last year. Quinn Hughes was a late birthday, so he could do it at the end of his first season after being drafted. Knies and Hughes stayed in college for 2 seasons post draft.

Cutter Gauthier's signing age would be deemed to be 19 year old, which makes it a different standard. See Clayton Keller's slide year because he only played 3 games.

Again, what matters here is the age signed at. Cutter Gauthier is an U-20 player. He would burn a year after one game this year, but last year he needed to play 10 games. Clayton Keller is probably the most recent example of this creating a slide year I can think of.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
So the Flyers were too cheap/incompetent to sign Gauthier even though he wanted to sign with them at the end of last season and now they're trying to sic their fans on Gauthier? What an embarrassing organization.
No, kid is a spoiled brat who didn't get his way and refused to talk to anyone and throw a temper tantrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad