Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Slowly read the breakdown of events. Then take time to fully process. Then post

I'm just not assuming anything we've heard us absolute truth. I mean, it is awful convenient that the Flyers' version of events would insulate them from any criticism of the trade from a hockey perspective. Doesn't make it not true, but when it comes to multi million or billion dollar companies with their own PR departments and loads of media connections I never take anything at face value.

Reactions: Deuce22

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If a guy IRL refused to sign somewhere because he was a fan of a rival team growing up, then that team dodged a major bullet because that player clearly has the mind and maturity of a perpetual 15-year-old boy.

There’s no way that’s it.

I mean, Josh Gorges refused a trade to Toronto because they were Montreals rival. So grown men have done this before.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Ah yes, the Ducks franchise has been a staple of recent success.
Oilers fan? Since our beginning we have 32 more playoff wins then the Oilers and 1 more cup and 2 more finals appearances. Staple of success in the lottery is all you have going. Want to do regular season? We’ve been more successful there as well and never picked 1st let alone doing it 4 times LOL

Flyers fan? Well in the past 20 years we have more playoff wins then you so whichever angle you are coming from you have been less successful. For AT LEAST 2 decades.

Good effort though at throwing comments at the wall and seeing if they get you internet likes.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Oilers fan? Since our beginning we have 32 more playoff wins then the Oilers and 1 more cup and 2 more finals appearances. Staple of success in the lottery is all you have going. Want to do regular season? We’ve been more successful there as well and never picked 1st let alone doing it 4 times LOL

Flyers fan? Well in the past 20 years we have more playoff wins then you so whichever angle you are coming from you have been less successful. For AT LEAST 2 decades.

Good effort though at throwing comments at the wall and seeing if they get you internet likes.

also this.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018

he's not wrong...our team sucked and has been horrible to watch the past 5 years. The last good season we had was when kessler sat on the puck to kill time in that one playoff series against the oilers

also this.

the good ol days when we were actually a team with hopes.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
he's not wrong...our team sucked and has been horrible to watch the past 5 years. The last good season we had was when kessler sat on the puck to kill time in that one playoff series against the oilers

the good ol days when we were actually a team with hopes.
He’s not wrong in the sense we have been rebuilding. He should know what it’s like considering his team had one of the most hilarious rebuild fiascos in the NHL. They literally had to change the draft lottery rules because they were so pathetic.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
1704821959842.png

I can’t get over the audacity

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Yes he did do it to the Flyers, he forced his way out. He did in Quebec as well but I’m not speaking of any other team there.
To be fair, I think by that point it was more or less mutual. The soap opera was wearing thin.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
To be fair, I think by that point it was more or less mutual. The soap opera was wearing thin.
It did get to that point, basically because it had to, the point of no return eventually was a contract offer Lindros couldn't accept, but it's clear which side hastened the exit.

Reactions: Jack Straw

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Sure, could very well be but those are working relationship items you can generally resolve without having to go nuclear on the relationship with the team. But whatever, it’s fine.
If you felt lied to, and you view it as something that cost you significant money, that's a reason to want out if you have options at your disposal. Sucks for Philly, and maybe it doesn't cost him, but I can't blame someone for trying to maximize their career earnings and they felt misled. If that breaks your trust with an organization, it likely won't work out well long term with that resentment there.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Purely normal and sane people for sure. No wonder Gauthier wanted out. If all you have is conjecture and supposition, perhaps shut your f***ing mouth. Philly proving once again that they are a trash ass organization. Maybe they could have another Snider appreciation night, where the fans could throw more glow sticks on the ice when their team is getting blown out.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA

Purely normal and sane people for sure. No wonder Gauthier wanted out. If all you have is conjecture and supposition, perhaps shut your f***ing mouth. Philly proving once again that they are a trash ass organization. Maybe they could have another Snider appreciation night, where the fans could throw more glow sticks on the ice when their team is getting blown out.

What? The Flyers have never said Kevinn Hayes was involved in this. They simply said they don't know the reason.

The media is what it is, it's there everybody in today's world.

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
As a Flyers fan, I don't know whether to like this trade or hate this trade. From reading the Ducks board, it seemed unanimous to a man that Drysdale is not only a great teammate, but is a really good player. Seems the Flyers got at least fair value here.

Personally, I think the Flyers should just tear the whole thing down to the studs. But their early season success probably makes that buyers or at least holders at the TDL.

ETA: I don't have any idea if Gauthier will become a 1st liner or just another middle six guy. I'm not much of a scout but the opinions of him on the Flyers board are varied.

Reactions: Trojans86

Evergreen

What? The Flyers have never said Kevinn Hayes was involved in this. They simply said they don't know the reason.

The media is what it is, it's there everybody in today's world.
I think he’s referring to Anthony SanFilippo and Chris Therien, who each implicated Kevin Hayes on their podcast last night.

Kuljeskelen

Jan 2, 2020
Finland
I find it amusing that when a team trades a player they drafted before signing him, or even after signing him but before he makes the jump to the NHL, or when a team drafts a player and doesn't offer him an ELC, "It's just business". But when a player chooses to use what little leverage they have to not sign with a team "He's a prick!"

I get it. We are fans that get upset when a player spurns our favorite team, but with the current CBA, the owners hold a lot more of the cards than the young players.

I don't know this kid so maybe he is a prick, but until/unless I know his reasons, I'm not going to assume so.

It's a world where we value corporations, business and sentimentality over an individual's rights. I guess the teams have marketed themselves quite well to make themselves feel more valuable than people.

I guess Gauthier should be a 50 years old franchise to be allowed to use his rights, but instead, he's a people. Ugh. I don't like people. f*** people, go Flyers.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017

The Ducks have been the 6th worst Franchise in the NHL in the past 7 years. I didn't realize "recent" was 20 years. But yeah, good job getting internet likes by spazzing out on facts lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad