Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
If the Ducks add Celebrini to this, it's going to be a dynamite core. Even the other top 4 picks are great value.

Don't forget they were the ones with the Hawks on the first pick slot for Bedard, f***ing imagine if that happened. Also I think they gotta go Eiserman or trade that pick for a bounty. Too many centers already. I wouldn't be surprised if Gauthier/Zegras go to the wing

Not a good comparison at all.

Ya, what was that comparison? He's probably the antithesis of Kreider as a player lmao

Reactions: Eternal Leaf

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Cutter always came off like an entitled puke, but I mean I still hope he fits in well in Anaheim, his ego is going to get out in check quick in the NHL, as he lacks hockey IQ and never really stood out for me in any game I watched him play, he honestly struggles to just make the right pass or play nearly every time he touches the puck. I know nothing of Drysdale, never really saw him play if he’s a solid 2nd pairing guy plus a 2nd rounder, can’t complain, solid hockey trade I think. I see Cutter as a middle six potentially a 2nd line winger. He has a wonderful shot and release but his hockey IQ really worried me, good luck to both teams.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Damn surprised the ducks gave on Drysdale so quick

I saw him as Morgan Rielly 2.0

50-70 Pt player whi has great offense, skating and transition skills but suspect defense.

A low end 1D in his prime
When healthy he can. I guess that is the key question with him. And Luneau now has his spot.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Gen Z is f***ing soft and coddled. Maybe this is why none of the newer superstars have won anything in the playoffs. They feel too entitled to actually put everything on the line for their team and their fans.

The last two Stanley Cup winners were led by soft, coddled Gen Z’ers Jack Eichel and Cale Makar.

Literally the two most recent cups.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Many of the leagues coaches won’t be where they are in two years. Avoiding Philly when they have a coach with a known shelf life who also shows some clear signs of mellowing as he ages seems next level immature - especially in those advising him. Because of that I highly doubt this was because of Tort. That rumor is right up there with Mom’s and Corey Perry.

Mellowing? Torts forced the Flyers to dump multiple players last off-season for pennies on the dollar after continuously bad-mouthing them to the media. He's benched his leading ES scorer from last season 11 times because he plays a smart game rather than with piss-and-vinegar, and has compared him to a toilet seat. He had the Flyers demote Cam York for a quarter of last season despite him easily being a top 4 defender because York didn't respond to his manipulations the way he wanted him to.

Last edited:

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Just stop with the something changed / bad boss stuff, the video of him saying he's a pens fan and can't play for the flyers has already been posted in this thread few times.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Plot twist: Gauthier stays in college and signs for the Pens and Briere is hailed as a genius in hindsight.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The last two Stanley Cup winners were led by soft, coddled Gen Z’ers Jack Eichel and Cale Makar.

Literally the two most recent cups.
Eichel's actually a very late Millenial (1996 birth year).

Although, I think this is beyond a stupid discussion. Boomers trash on Gen Xers, Gen Xers bash Millenials and Millenials bash Gen Z. Overall, it's a pretty stupid and boring discussion.

Last edited:

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Why would anyone ever want to play for tortorella?
THis 100%
If you had a lot of talent but iffy instincts would you trust Torts and the Flyers organization to bring out your skills and become a 1st line player who makes 9 figures in his career.

Reactions: Amorgus

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Look for Flyers to hate and vilify this kid every stage of his career no matter where it goes from here. I asked 76er fans on a basketball board why they continued to have such an obsessive hatred with Ben Simmons years later and multiple replied with things to the nature of “we supported him, we defended him and made so many excuses when he refused to improve his shooting. And then for him to ask for a trade after all that? Eff him. I will boo him forever.”

Nobody thinks they’re owed something or does the jilted ex-lover routine quite like Philly sports fan. But sure, go ahead and direct all sorts of hate towards a teenage hockey player 👍
Save the sob story. The idiot requested a trade for like no reason pretty much.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaCryers

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
It's still a bit of a bitch move. Players have known since they were 13 years old that they might get drafted by some team even though they might prefer another. If that breaks you, then maybe you're in the wrong profession.

Gen Z is f***ing soft and coddled. Maybe this is why none of the newer superstars have won anything in the playoffs. They feel too entitled to actually put everything on the line for their team and their fans.
Yeah, because bashing a entire generation and whining like a bitch because one prospect refused to sign a contract isn’t soft at all.

Non-gen Z players ask for NMC’s constantly, how is that not a bitch move? They’ve known since they’re 12 that they can be traded to any team, are they in the wrong proffesion?

Man up.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
What I don’t understand is how this didn’t come out in draft interviews. The seeming lack of due diligence that several NHL teams display really blows my mind when taking into account what’s at stake.

Why not just take Jiricek or Mintyukov and move on? This pick is the opposite of the Michkov pick. Good but not amazing player who doesn’t want to be in your city.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah, because bashing a entire generation and whining like a bitch because one prospect refused to sign a contract isn’t soft at all.

Non-gen Z players ask for NMC’s constantly, how is that not a bitch move? They’ve known since they’re 12 that they can be traded to any team, are they in the wrong proffesion?

Man up.
I still hate the entire generation X because MSL asked for a trade.

Evergreen

What I don’t understand is how this didn’t come out in draft interviews. The seeming lack of due diligence that several NHL teams display really blows my mind when taking into account what’s at stake.

Why not just take Jiricek or Mintyukov and move on? This pick is the opposite of the Michkov pick. Good but not amazing player who doesn’t want to be in your city.
Briere said that Gauthier expressed excitement about joining the Flyers when he was drafted, but seemed to have changed his mind a few months later. You have to wonder who was in his ear. It’s sort of weird to see a guy refusing to play in Philly. I understand some guys don’t want to play for Torts, but all indications are that Torts will likely be head coach only for another couple years before moving into more of an advisory position.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Eichel's actually a very late Millenial (1996 birth year).

Although, I think this is beyond a stupid decision. Boomers trash on Gen Xers, Gen Xers bash Millenials and Millenials bash Gen Z. Overall, it's a pretty stupid and boring discussion.
WRONG!!!! Boomers trash on every generation.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
How can't you not want to be a Flyers ??
Gezzz Cutter what happened ?
Scare of Torts loll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad