Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Guess I'll just wait until Spittin' Chiclets figures out Gauthier's reasoning for us all (I mean, Haysey is getting implicated, so somethin's gotta happen, right!), and then I can read about it here.

Pretty interesting swap.

Reactions: Sota Popinski

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
TBH I don't think Drysdale will be a top pairing D and I don't think Gauthier will be a top line forward. This is the type of trade that gets a bigger reaction on HFBoards because shiny toys still have their luster.
I agree I think both will play 2nd line/2nd pair with spot starts here and there on the top line.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Gauthier was shopped at the 2023 draft from what the rumor was, this didn't come out of left field. It's spin cycle by the Flyers because they got hand tied with a guy they knew was walking in 2 years and it probably got out within the GM cycle as much as it didn't want to be made public. If they landed the 5th overall last year and got Reinbacher, no one cares about this story and it's obviously viewed as a prospect swap.

Reactions: Daz28

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I'm impressed that Briere and Jones made lemonade from lemons instead of acting foolishly, and risking getting nothing in return for the 5OA pick they invested in Gauthier.

Ducks at Flyers will be a can't-miss game every year. Come to think of it, he'll probably be roundly booed by the hordes of Flyers fans at the Honda Center as well. Make that two can't-miss Ducks-Flyers games per season.

Whatever the backstory here, Gauthier, like every other drafted player, cannot be compelled to eventually sign with the team that drafted him. If you have a beef with that, please address your concerns to the NHL and the NHLPA, whose legal teams drafted the CBA.

Sure livened up the day on HF. Great fun!

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Oh boohoo, 99% of people in the world has had a bad boss. That's life, you just deal with it. You don't start to cry like a little bitch about it. Grow some balls.
He's likely to deal with way more crap asking out of a city like Philly than he would have if he took the path of least resistance.

We don't know the details of why it went this way. It's likely related to them not agreeing to burn his ELC last year, when they could have signed him.

They aren't his boss, he hasn't signed a contract with them. If he signed his ELC and pulled this its a different story. At this point, it's someone using the little leverage the CBA grants them to get himself in a preferred scenario. And, he didn't publicly say there is no chance he would sign with Philly, which would have killed all of the Flyers leverage.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He has zero leverage. He's a nobody.

Clearly he did have leverage and clearly he is a highly coveted player.....what are you even trying to say? Sounds like you have zero experience as a skilled worker and have no idea how the "real world" actually works.

Reactions: OKR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad