Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Unfortunately none of us know it's only speculation until he comments. We went thru this with Justin Schultz but the main difference was he lied to Anaheim until the very end, atleast Gauthier was honest with his intentions and Philly got value for him

Cutter lied to them at the Draft causing them to use a crucial 5th overall pick on him. Then he changed his mind a few months later. Its a pretty shitty thing to do.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Zegras trade incoming?
That is what I am thinking as a possibility. He’s not Verbeeks type of guy. I can see him I pull trigger for the right deal.

Red Wings Edvinsson + Kasper?
Z goes back to New York… I’m sure Rangers would jump for something around Kappo or Lafrieniere + Schneider.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
That is what I am thinking as a possibility. He’s not Verbeeks type of guy. I can see him I pull trigger for the right deal.

Red Wings Edvinsson + Kasper?
Z goes back to New York… I’m sure Rangers would jump for something around Kappo or Lafrieniere + Schneider.
No we're not doing that. As talented Zegras is Detroit's defense is a train wreck. We need to keep our top defense prospects.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Cool, you're missing very important context.

The kid hasn't played a single game in the nhl and the nerve he has to think this is the nba and he's an all star is crazy.
He can only do what's allowed in the CBA if he wants to play in the NHL. That's the only context. Whether you think it's crazy or he has some nerve is irrelevant.

If he didn't want to play for Philly for whatever reason, his only choices were to get traded, or go to 4 years of college and become a UFA. He got traded.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
May i suggest on X, HockeyStats cards. Drysdale wasnt bad that game.
The eye test of him continuously losing the puck while transporting, even on the power play, trumps the stat sheet.

He was pretty bad last night. Worst dman for the Ducks, and that’s with Gudas playing like garbage too. Visibly noticeable.

Look, he has a lot of talent. He’s gonna have to stay healthy and put those tools together though. He’s only 21. He should be fine, but he still needs a lot of work.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Cutter lied to them at the Draft causing them to use a crucial 5th overall pick on him. Then he changed his mind a few months later. Its a pretty shitty thing to do.
Don't think he lied. He likely changed his mind after the draft. No reason to lie just say I don't want to be a flyer at the draft.

Reactions: duckpuck

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Damn surprised the ducks gave on Drysdale so quick

I saw him as Morgan Rielly 2.0

50-70 Pt player whi has great offense, skating and transition skills but suspect defense.

A low end 1D in his prime
The thing is that the ducks need Cutter more than Janie and this is the type of trade the Leafs should do with Minten or Cowan.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
He was apparently dodging the flyers management, making it hard to talk to him
This just isn't panning out with the facts. Sounds A LOT more like Philly couldn't/wouldn't accept the 'no'. As for the rest of the snowflakes mad that he planned to use the UFA loophole, at least he told them. There's been guys out there, like Jimmy Greasey, that also exercised their right to lie about not wanting to play somewhere. I really don't see anything wrong from Gauthiers side at all here. All sour grapes, and interwebz outrage.

Reactions: MD93

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I’m not sure the semantic argument is relevant here
Sure it is.

The story is that he refused to see them. No word on if his representation was there. Which given the story would be relevant.

He was not an employee, he was within his rights to say no.

Flyers had the option to call his bluff and force him to stay in college and become a UFA, likely costing him a few million long term.

They chose to trade him before word got out, while value is high.

All parties acted within their rights of the CBA. Only one of those parties had no influence on the CBA.

Reactions: Daz28
Oct 18, 2011
Something clearly changed since then. It sucks but it's not like Philly got pennies on the dollar, they got good value for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad