Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
1704772994109.jpeg

Such a proud moment for him. Was probably already devising a way to get traded in his mind.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Drama and whatever aside.

I kind of like this deal for Anaheim.

Under 25 years old at forward: Zegras, Lundstrom, MacTavish, Leason, Groulx, Jones, Carlsson, Gaucher, Perreault, Brayden, Regenda, Pastujov and now Gauthier. Average height of 6 foot 1.5 inches, average weight of 203.3 pounds and almost universally drafted within the first 3 rounds. With a solid amount of top 5 picks in that mix.

Under 25 at defense: LaCombe, Mintyukov, Vaakanainen, Helleson, Luneau, Warren, Zellwegger, Hinds. Average height of 6 foot 2.75 inches, average weight of 205.2 pounds. Almost all drafted in the first three rounds again.

6 picks in the first 3 rounds with some amazing looking defense in that range in Silayev, Dickinson, Kiviharju, Levshunov, Buium, Parekh and Jiricek and without question if they do nothing the rest of the season a couple additional picks coming via trade this or next year.

The ducks are building a young, fast and heavy team of kids that will be able to crash and bang with the best of them and adding Gauthier only helps because he'll look amazing next to Carlsson or MacTavish when he arrives.

Kind of really jealous

Oct 18, 2011
I don't know why Flyer fans are mad they got good value, Drysdale is good and talented the problem has been injuries and he's going to help shape their blue line

Reactions: thrillhous

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Look for Flyers to hate and vilify this kid every stage of his career no matter where it goes from here. I asked 76er fans on a basketball board why they continued to have such an obsessive hatred with Ben Simmons years later and multiple replied with things to the nature of “we supported him, we defended him and made so many excuses when he refused to improve his shooting. And then for him to ask for a trade after all that? Eff him. I will boo him forever.”

Nobody thinks they’re owed something or does the jilted ex-lover routine quite like Philly sports fan. But sure, go ahead and direct all sorts of hate towards a teenage hockey player 👍
yea im sure if connor bedard said tomorrow i don't want to play for chicago.. you would act totally not attack the "teenage hockey player" chicago fans smh.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Oh the horror, he will getting boo'd in Philly ONCE per year!!

Nobody knows why he feels this way maybe everyone should wait for him to comment, and then if it's a bad answer they can trash him

You’re of course right. I just don’t see how someone could harbor that much ill will unless its really bad. You can dislike your employer and still be present when management requests a meeting…

Glass half-full POV for me: now Philly fans will understand why I, as a Quebec city resident, still loathe Eric Lindros.
Yeah this feels Lindros-ian

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Look for Flyers to hate and vilify this kid every stage of his career no matter where it goes from here. I asked 76er fans on a basketball board why they continued to have such an obsessive hatred with Ben Simmons years later and multiple replied with things to the nature of “we supported him, we defended him and made so many excuses when he refused to improve his shooting. And then for him to ask for a trade after all that? Eff him. I will boo him forever.”

Nobody thinks they’re owed something or does the jilted ex-lover routine quite like Philly sports fan. But sure, go ahead and direct all sorts of hate towards a teenage hockey player 👍
Sounds a lot like Isles fans tbh

Oct 18, 2011
You’re of course right. I just don’t see how someone could harbor that much ill will unless its really bad. You can dislike your employer and still be present when management requests a meeting…

Yeah this feels Lindros-ian
Unfortunately none of us know it's only speculation until he comments. We went thru this with Justin Schultz but the main difference was he lied to Anaheim until the very end, atleast Gauthier was honest with his intentions and Philly got value for him

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

He wasn't their employee.... no contract existed.

Reactions: Ail

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Nobody knows why he feels this way maybe everyone should wait for him to comment, and then if it's a bad answer they can trash him
If you're expecting anything spicy, prepare to be disappointed. Assuming he signs with Anaheim once his college season ends, he'll say something like "I'm so excited to be here in Anaheim with the great group of young guys already there, I'm really looking forward to getting going and helping the team win."

Any questions about whether he'd sign with Philadelphia he'll just dodge and say "I'm grateful that they decided to draft me, right now I'm just focused on Anaheim and the Ducks organization"

We're not gonna get "Torts is a hack who hasn't accomplished anything in about 20 years, Briere smells funny, I always thought Keith Jones was an idiot on TV..." or anything like that.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Oh the horror, he will getting boo'd in Philly ONCE per year!!

Nah we have more than enough proof to know he's a pos. He didn't even have the heart to talk to management or even give them a reason why. The reason is Kevin Hayes btw

Team trades player they no longer want or aren't happy with: normal, part of the business, good asset management.

Player asks for trade from team they no longer want to play for or aren't happy with: classless, weak, dick/douche/ass.
Cool, you're missing very important context.

The kid hasn't played a single game in the nhl and the nerve he has to think this is the nba and he's an all star is crazy.

Then he'll fit right in with the rest of the young rats on the Ducks. surprised the Ducks moved Drysdale so soon.
You have to give up Drysdale +++ to get Cutter. They won the trade hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad