Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I do find it funny when Briere is out there saying, "he told us after the WC he wants to be here, we don't know what changed?!" Then it comes out they basically immediately tried to trade a month later him at the draft. Have to think Gauthier wasn't too happy with that. Major spinzone out of the Flyers on this one

Also, here's the report Gauthier wanted to sign at the end of BC's season and the Flyers wouldn't guarantee burning an ELC year. This guy is really tied in at BC so I'd take this as being pretty solid

So he was butt hurt that the flyers wouldn’t burn one year of his ELC so he asked for a trade. He doesn’t come out looking great. Seems self entitled so good riddance to him if I’m a flyers fan.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
So he was butt hurt that the flyers wouldn’t burn one year of his ELC so he asked for a trade. He doesn’t come out looking great. Seems self entitled so good riddance to him if I’m a flyers fan.
I think there is something more to the fact of Briere saying they met with him after the WC, Gauthier said he wants to be a Flyer and then they immediately tried to trade him

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
When you’re loaded with D prospects, you can make deals like this.

Unfortunately, the team who gets the forward, usually regrets it later on. We’ll see. Verbeek must love Gauthier.

Btw, Drysdale was horrible last night for the Ducks. Like visibly bad, which surprised me.
May i suggest on X, HockeyStats cards. Drysdale wasnt bad that game.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
I’m shocked ppl r crapping on Anaheim here. Cutter is a pretty safe play for a good top 9. Drysdale didn’t really impress. It could be great for Philly but I’m not surprised ANA jumped on one of the most promising PF outside the NHL.
32 pts at 19 impressed me. Then he got 2 different injuries.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I think there is something more to the fact of Briere saying they met with him after the WC, Gauthier said he wants to be a Flyer and then they immediately tried to trade him
I don't think that was the quote / timeline:
1) Briere said Gauthier said AT THE DRAFT (ie...the 2022 draft) that he wanted to be a Flyer and a few months later said he didn't.
2) Briere said he tried to meet with Gauthier at the WJC and Gauthier wouldn't meet with him.
There were also reports that Flyers tried to trade him at the 2023 draft.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Philly is going to win this trade by a landslide. Circle back in 3 years. Drysdale is very good.

Reactions: HabsQC

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
My instant reaction was who the hell is Gauthier and holy smokes did Philly get a good one in Drysdale. (Coming from a Kings fan)
Ties for world juniors lead, tournament directorate best forward, media all star selection for undefeated gold medal winning USA. 5th overall pick in 2022 draft. Plays at Boston College. Pretty good prospect…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad