Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Cutter is damn overrated. He will end up coming out of the gates hot, get people excited then when his low hockey iq sets in he will be a 3rd liner who can pot you 10-15 goals a year. I like the trade for the Flyers, they needed an offensive dman

Reactions: LemonSauceD

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Maybe Carter doesn't fit what you're talking about. But Lindros turned out to be a pretty damn good player. Hell, as a Kings fan I watched Brock Faber do the same thing, I have no ill will towards him and he looks like a stud in Minny.

Just because other players have bought into the system doesn't mean everyone has to. I've always hated the idea that a player should suck it up and waste their 18-26 yr old years stuck somewhere they don't wanna be. I get playing pro sports is a privilege and all that, but at the same time there are few other industries that force a location on you to perform a job.

I definitely think Gauthier won't have what it takes to be a winner, and that him and Zegras will be a poor mans Matthews & Marner, but refusing to sign in Philly has no bearing on that.

I think we're just gunna have to respectfully agree to disagree on this one.
For the 30,000th time, Faber never said a damn thing about not wanting to play in LA and was surprised about the trade.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I like this trade for Anaheim. They have Mintyukov and Zellweger coming. With Drysdale showing difficulty staying healthy this move just makes sense for them.

It's not bad for Philly either. Grab a young player whom you hope can grow with the core for a prospect who's not interested in being a Flyer and a pick on top.

It's a solid hockey trade.

Siginla

Mar 20, 2015
The conversation had to go like this:

Birere: Hey Pat, did you catch the World Jrs?
Verbeek: Sure did, your Cutter kid looked great.
Briere: He doesn't want to sign here, want to make a deal?
Verbeek: Will he sign with us?
Briere: Well he SHOULD, it's Cali after all. Just send me one of your young Dmen.
Verbeek: Ok, Drysdale it is.
Briere: Idk, he's been injured a few times
Verbeek: And no guarantee Cutter signs here.
Briere: Both of us are taking a gamble, but you guys might get nothing. How about we add a 2nd?
Verbeek: Well we'll TRY and work out a contract but if not we still get a 2nd and flip the kid to the team he wants for more assets.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Players refusing to sign with their draft teams is unhealthy for the sport (though rare)

This isnt the MLB where theyre stuck till age 26; either grow up and nut up or you should be forced to sit out an arbitrarily long time for being a jerkoff about it and not speaking up at the draft
If the owners or league want to stop this, then they should negotiate it out of the CBA, but guess what, to get it out of the CBA, they'd have to give a bunch of other concessions.
Just my two cents though and itll never happen with player-empowerment happening throughout the sports world
In the real world (non-sports), this sort of stuff happens all the time for high demand professions. People accept one job, and a better offer comes along and they take that one instead. Heck, many people even use that as leverage to get a better offer from another company they prefer. As someone who has done hiring the tech field, I've seen it many times where someone accepted an offer only to accept a different offer before ever coming onboard.

Reactions: Cas and Ciao

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
I do find it funny when Briere is out there saying, "he told us after the WC he wants to be here, we don't know what changed?!" Then it comes out they basically immediately tried to trade a month later him at the draft. Have to think Gauthier wasn't too happy with that. Major spinzone out of the Flyers on this one

Also, here's the report Gauthier wanted to sign at the end of BC's season and the Flyers wouldn't guarantee burning an ELC year. This guy is really tied in at BC so I'd take this as being pretty solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad