Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
With all the news coming out, I'm more ok with this trade. he seems like a douche and he's likely gonna be the most hated player to never be a penguin.

He's gonna get the Ben Simmons treatment

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
With all the news coming out, I'm more ok with this trade. he seems like a douche and he's likely gonna be the most hated player to never be a penguin.

He's gonna get the Ben Simmons treatment
Douche might be an underestimate. Dude apparently didn't even bother to sit down with the Flyers to inform them he didn't want to play for their org.

Didn't show up to camp. Didn't bother to meet with the Flyers at the WJC. reeks of attitude problems

Talk about entitlement

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Douche might be an underestimate. Dude apparently didn't even bother to sit down with the Flyers to inform them he didn't want to play for their org.

Didn't show up to camp. Didn't bother to meet with the Flyers at the WJC. reeks of attitude problems

Talk about entitlement
According to Briere, he told them long before that. He was drafted in 2022 and a few months later apparently the flyers were told he didn't want to play for them. They even tried to trade him at this year's draft according to reports.

Reactions: Daz28

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Fair for both teams IMO Drysadle is a future offensive dman the Flyers need, The Ducks strengthen their top 6 and with Mintyukov they are able to move Drysdale because of that. and the 2nd in 25 should be a low 2nd that could pan out to a solid player for the Flyers

Reactions: Devonator

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
As a Flyers fan how should I feel about Drysdale outside of the pedigree and injury concerns? Does he have legit 1D potential? And how likely are the Ducks to be bad next year?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
According to Briere, he told them long before that. He was drafted in 2022 and a few months later apparently the flyers were told he didn't want to play for them. They even tried to trade him at this year's draft according to reports.

John Tortorella hired June 17, 2022. Scouting combine May 30 -June 4, 2022. Wonder when Gauthier changed his mind…

Buyer beware.

Does he have an illness I'm unaware of?
On IR a lot.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
As a Flyers fan how should I feel about Drysdale outside of the pedigree and injury concerns? Does he have legit 1D potential? And how likely are the Ducks to be bad next year?
Hard to tell when he hasn’t played much in the last year and half, but originally I would say yes. Ducks will likely be bad next season, but lower half bad not bottom 5 bad.

Did Drysdale's value dip that much? I thought he and Sanderson had similar values.
In the past 1.5 years I’d say yes, simply because he hasn’t been able to put film on tape. Still has pretty good potential though IMO.

Reactions: Gregor Samsa

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
John Tortorella hired June 17, 2022. Scouting combine May 30 -June 4, 2022. Wonder when Gauthier changed his mind…

Buyer beware.
Yeah, I get that. I was just more commenting on the statement that he didn't tell them and wasn't talking to them.

If, per Briere, he told them a few months after the 2022 draft that he didn't want to play for Philly, and they (reportedly) tried to trade him at the 2023 draft, why would Briere and the Flyers think he would still communicate with them?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Sounds like Flyers wouldn't guarantee him the games required to burn his ELC last year (BC's season ended early enough to do that). Probably led to some friction with the organization.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Anaheim is about to be a wagon here pretty soon. Also putting a lot of stock in their young d moving forward.
Not to mention they’re probably going to get another top draft pick and now they have the flexibility to go forward or d (they’re really strong at drafting d). Also solves the problem of being too small on the blueline with Zellweger while making us much bigger up front.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Let the leaks begin, I’m really curious what the Philadelphia Flyers did, if anything that caused cutter to not want to play there

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Adam Fox did same really.. many others... Itis odd to reject Philly though. Not a team that many have on their "do not want to be there" lists. Torts is really really good at finding out frauds and making them accountable. If he is indeed, a fraud.

I guess time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad