Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
That's good to hear. I'm excited to see what Drysdale can do for us.
Go over to the Ducks board and see their responses. Everyone really liked him. You are getting an elite skater with nice skill. Only issue with him is size and the Ducks have Zellweger coming so probably didn’t want to ice both of them. Drysdale is a super fun player to watch

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
This might end up being highway robbery for Philly. Cutter just seems like a massive douche and he's never really stood out any game I've watched him in. Drysdale is absolutely nasty and a high second is the cherry on top.
2025 2nd so probably in the 15-20 range

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Feel like Flyers win this trade pretty heavily, we've seen the Gauthier prototype of player have issues succeeding at the next level with all the tools but no toolbox.
Pretty heavily? Drysdale has only played 1 full season where he wasn't hurt. He has played 123 games in 4 seasons. Have you forgotten about Nolan Patrick already? The Flyers could easily lose this trade but only time will tell.

Reactions: Deuce22 and Laus723

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
The Ducks also seem like they need defense because their defense is ass.

They are far thinner at forward. They have far more on the way on the back end than they do scoring forwards.

Their prospect pool may be strong on defense, but as a fan of a team who had a "top D prospect pool" once upon a time, they don't all pan out.

But if you wait too long, the ones that don't pan out are worthless. Gauthier is still a prospect, but 3 years from now when one of those kids looks like a 3rd pairing guy you won't be able to flip him for a prospect of that caliber, and you won't want to trade the ones that become studs.

And I also don't think they were ever going to keep two undersized guys like Drysdale and Zellweger ... One was going to go. If they have both rated similarly for future potential, but one has more value now, it makes perfect sense.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I do get what you are saying, but I just appreciate the more modest and honorable types that respect the draft process and let their game do the talking. And not start making demands before they've even played a single nhl game. Carter is a bad example since he had already played bunch of years in the team that drafted him.

Plenty of players way better than Gauthier have played and won in franchises that were far worse shape than the Flyers. Who knows how this will turn out, but to me this just seems like a huge red flag that could cause problems for Anaheim down the road.
Maybe Carter doesn't fit what you're talking about. But Lindros turned out to be a pretty damn good player. Hell, as a Kings fan I watched Brock Faber do the same thing, I have no ill will towards him and he looks like a stud in Minny.

Just because other players have bought into the system doesn't mean everyone has to. I've always hated the idea that a player should suck it up and waste their 18-26 yr old years stuck somewhere they don't wanna be. I get playing pro sports is a privilege and all that, but at the same time there are few other industries that force a location on you to perform a job.

I definitely think Gauthier won't have what it takes to be a winner, and that him and Zegras will be a poor mans Matthews & Marner, but refusing to sign in Philly has no bearing on that.

I think we're just gunna have to respectfully agree to disagree on this one.

quacktastic93

Dec 9, 2017
i dont know how to feel about this trade, this trade screams seth jones for ryan johansen to me. ducks are so stacked on defensive prospects, especially offensive minded ones, that room had to be made and i guess jamie being the oldest of the bunch and the most injury proned made him available. i think its going to be a win win for both teams, would love to see JD tear it up with philly, and hopefully cutter wants to play in so cal. also cant wait to see zelly next season!

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Reverse Karma for Lindros...lol. Having said that, and even though Philly is a rival, dick move by any player not to play for the team that drafted him. That includes when Lindros did it to another even more hated rival.
The Flyers will live :biglaugh:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I definitely think Gauthier won't have what it takes to be a winner, and that him and Zegras will be a poor mans Matthews & Marner, but refusing to sign in Philly has no bearing on that.
They have Leo C. as well.

parrosfan16

May 13, 2009
Absolutely insane that a 5th overall pick could just walk out on their team with no mechanism for the team or any compensation process other than a shitty 2nd round pick. Not a serious league.
This happened to the ducks years ago also. I can't remember who it was, but is was a defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad