Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
I don't think if you aren't under contract, a team should dictate you. If you don't feel comfortable with the development path laid out by the team that drafted you. Teams get mulligans, players don't get mulligans on their career.
Again. They have your rights. If that doesn't happen. Then the system will fall apart and it becomes a dogs breakfast. If Flyers were loaded and already an elite team, they could just let him rot in college and/or Europe or Russia. The NHL should close this loophole. Otherwise they might as well do away with the draft. I guess we agree to disagree.

Reactions: aqsw

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
I can't believe Anaheim traded Drysdale already, this just seems like a move that will be looked at as a big regret down the road trading a potential franchise Dman. Flyers have a real nice future after it looking pretty grim not too long ago.
You're not familiar with Anaheim. The Ducks have sooo many good young d prospects (Mintyukov, Lacombe, Zellweger, Luneau, etc.). Drysdale, while undeniably skilled and a great kid, can't stay healthy. And Anaheim is in need of top six wingers not named Terry or Zegras. Verbeek traded aggressively from a position of strength to fill a glaring need. No regrets.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I have no problem with a prospect letting the team know he wouldn’t sign with them but dodging team reps on multiple occasions is so childish. This is one of the few times I think the phrase “man up” applies. You’re almost 20 years old, be an adult and tell them to their face.

Maybe he did and the Flyers just wouldn't take no for an answer until they finally got the message.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I don't think if you aren't under contract, a team should dictate you. If you don't feel comfortable with the development path laid out by the team that drafted you. Teams get mulligans, players don't get mulligans on their career.
Bingo. Team drafts the wrong player, oh well, draft another guy next time that hopefully works better. Team ruins player’s development? They’re peddling rich families for a dollar as some “skills coach” for 12 year olds.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Is it safe to say Gauthier is willing to sign in ANA or are they okay just dumping Drysdale for as “asset” they can use as currency later on if need be?

Oct 18, 2011
Anaheim have organizational D depth, I'm guessing his hold out didn't sit well with Verbeek, and it seems like Gauthier and the Flyers had an issue as well so I guess it makes sense

Reactions: Devonator

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Yea, Jones just said they’d been working on this for a long time, so it wasn’t news to them. Surprised they kept a lid on it honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad