Proposal: ANA-BOS-WPG three way trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
to Anaheim:

Ryan Spooner - C/LW
Joe Morrow - D
Malcolm Subban - G
Boston 2018 1st round pick

to Winnipeg:

Cam Fowler - D
Brandon Carlo - D

to Boston:

rights to Jacob Trouba

From everything I've read, Anaheim wants someone to play the left side in exchange for Fowler. Spooner is a young player that is more center, but has been transitioned to the left side in Boston for multiple spells. He's a young talented offensive player that is on a cheap contract this year, and still under team control next year. HF says that Anaheim's depth in net isn't deep, so Subban gives them another chip. Morrow is for depth, and they also get a 1st round pick, which if Boston doesn't improve has been in the mid-range the last two years.

Winnipeg fans have said they want a top end left-handed defender in exchange for Trouba. Fowler is just that. I've seen some debate about Fowler vs. Trouba; and most seem to agree Trouba is better. Bruins add a top defensive prospect in Carlo to balance it out; HF also says that Winnipeg doesn't have any high end defensive prospects, so there you go.

Boston gives up the most, but gets what they need the most. A top end right handed defenseman that can pair with Torey Krug and be the front end of their prospect pool in the years to come.

Flame away! :)

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Too many minor parts going to Anaheim. And I don't think that Trouba has that much more value than Fowler, to be honest. Fowler is a better player that will make less money the next two years.

ANA: Spooner + Senyshyn
BOS: Trouba
WPG: Fowler + EDM 2nd (from Boston)

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
If the Jets are getting Fowler, then it's Myers, not Trouba, that's going the other way. If Trouba is moved in a deal with Anaheim, Lindholm better be coming back.

Do we really need to say that in a dozen threads?

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
No thanks from me Fowler is downgrade from Trouba. Lindholm is a better comparable.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I think I said that the consensus was that Trouba was better, hence the addition of a top end defensive prospect to the trade proposal. HF says that your defensive pool lacks high end depth; Carlo fills that void.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Just realized that is a lot for BOS to give up - I don't see them signing off on this

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Jets easily pass. Like no doubt about it pass. Our LHD needs aren't as bad as ppl make it out to be.

Boston fans... just stop. Only way for you to get trouba is via offer sheet

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
to Anaheim:

Ryan Spooner - C/LW
Joe Morrow - D
Malcolm Subban - G

to Winnipeg:

Cam Fowler - D
Brandon Carlo - D

to Boston:

rights to Jacob Trouba

From everything I've read, Anaheim wants someone to play the left side in exchange for Fowler. Spooner is a young player that is more center, but has been transitioned to the left side in Boston for multiple spells. He's a young talented offensive player that is on a cheap contract this year, and still under team control next year. HF says that Anaheim's depth in net isn't deep, so Subban gives them another chip. Morrow is for depth, and they also get a 1st round pick, which if Boston doesn't improve has been in the mid-range the last two years.

Winnipeg fans have said they want a top end left-handed defender in exchange for Trouba. Fowler is just that. I've seen some debate about Fowler vs. Trouba; and most seem to agree Trouba is better. Bruins add a top defensive prospect in Carlo to balance it out; HF also says that Winnipeg doesn't have any high end defensive prospects, so there you go.

Boston gives up the most, but gets what they need the most. A top end right handed defenseman that can pair with Torey Krug and be the front end of their prospect pool in the years to come.

Good luck with this, No way is Cheveldayoff surrendering 4 years of Trouba for 2 years of Fowler this has already been beaten to death. Trouba better then Fowler if Trouba is going to Boston then most like Krug will be going to Winnipeg in a swap and right now Krug is better and cheaper then Trouba. This wont end well.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Too many minor parts going to Anaheim. And I don't think that Trouba has that much more value than Fowler, to be honest. Fowler is a better player that will make less money the next two years.

ANA: Spooner + Senyshyn
BOS: Trouba
WPG: Fowler + EDM 2nd (from Boston)

Boston easily wins this one hands down, If Fowler is coming to Winnipeg then Myers will be the one out the door not Trouba. Fowler to Winnipeg and Trouba to Boston is a downgrade for Winnipeg no way they do this deal.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
to Anaheim:

Ryan Spooner - C/LW
Joe Morrow - D
Malcolm Subban - G

to Winnipeg:

Cam Fowler - D
Brandon Carlo - D

to Boston:

rights to Jacob Trouba

Boston gives up quite a lot to get Trouba but it doesn't go to Wpg. It goes to Anaheim for Fowler. Anaheim gets a lot and only gives up Fowler.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
This looks like one of the better three-way deals in a while. Everyone gets robbed in some way: Boston gives too much value, Anaheim doesn't get a player of Fowler's caliber back, and Winnipeg gives up the best asset from a position of need. But at the same time... Winnipeg gets a replacement for now, and then a good prospect for the future. Anaheim gets cheap talent back to fill a need in Spooner and Subban, and Boston gets a much-needed top pairing RHD.

As a Jets fan, I'd accept this deal if Trouba is bridged/can't reach an agreement with us, but if you change anything in this deal which works against us, it's a no. Trouba is still more important than Fowler to us, but getting Carlo with him offsets it just enough for me.

I don't think it's that bad of a deal to anyone, tbh. But then again, people see those negatives... and only them.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The OP is pretty horrendous for Winnipeg, Boston sends far to much to Anaheim for Fowler. Winnipeg gets Fowler and a D prospects that's not nearly enough for Trouba quite a few teams could easily beat this offer. Edmonton to name one. Still think that if Boston wants Trouba then Krug needs to be going to Winnipeg. No need for Anaheim here as Fowler is a downgrade compared to Trouba. Boston easily wins this one hands down.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That's quite a haul coming to Anaheim, we would obviously say yes. Morrow is a bit redundant though.

Winnipeg definitely says no.

HockeyHead21

Sep 10, 2014
Ohio
The OP is pretty horrendous for Winnipeg, Boston sends far to much to Anaheim for Fowler. Winnipeg gets Fowler and a D prospects that's not nearly enough for Trouba quite a few teams could easily beat this offer. Edmonton to name one. Still think that if Boston wants Trouba then Krug needs to be going to Winnipeg. No need for Anaheim here as Fowler is a downgrade compared to Trouba. Boston easily wins this one hands down.

What?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad