Proposal: ANA-BOS-WPG three way trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Boston and Anaheim make out great, Winnipeg not so much. If Boston wants Trouba then i think that Krug has to go the other way to Winnipeg.

I would MUCH, MUCH rather get Fowler back than Krug. If Krug was to come here, we're talking about 5,25 million of salary, which can't be too close to what Trouba will be signed for, should the deal be a long term deal.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I would MUCH, MUCH rather get Fowler back than Krug. If Krug was to come here, we're talking about 5,25 million of salary, which can't be too close to what Trouba will be signed for, should the deal be a long term deal.

Yeah i can understand the money part, Just thought that Krug was a more talented offensive D-man then Fowler. And would actually help Winnipeg's D more but comparing $4 million for Fowler for 2 years and Krug $5.25 million for 4 years i can see where you would be coming from.

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
Carlo along with that 1st going out makes me a bit uneasy about all this. 5 pieces leaving Boston with bare minimum salary leaving... eh. But I guess as far as value goes, this is probably close to the cost of one Jacob Trouba.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
If the Jets are getting Fowler, then it's Myers, not Trouba, that's going the other way. If Trouba is moved in a deal with Anaheim, Lindholm better be coming back.

Do we really need to say that in a dozen threads?

you can say it all you want but anyone who isn't a Jets fan can see how crazy that is.
Its like asking for Rielly for Trouba

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Just realized that is a lot for BOS to give up - I don't see them signing off on this

There was talk earlier that Boston was ready to give up their next 4 1sts to land Trouba, so this is minor compared to that. From a Wpg perspective, one of the most attractive proposals I've seen for Trouba. Still unconvinced that we would want Fowler, but if we were having real difficulties getting Trouba signed, I'd take a chance on Fowler & Carlo coming back.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
That's quite a haul coming to Anaheim, we would obviously say yes. Morrow is a bit redundant though.

Winnipeg definitely says no.

That's the biggest problem I have with this proposal - Anaheim gets way too much for Fowler. I think to make it work for all, Ana needs to surrender a lesser prospect or second rounder to Wpg

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
That's the biggest problem I have with this proposal - Anaheim gets way too much for Fowler. I think to make it work for all, Ana needs to surrender a lesser prospect or second rounder to Wpg

Let's see what Anaheim gets in reality. Keep in mind, they're trying to contend.

Spooner = contrary what most Ducks fans say, Spooner is about the best kind of asset they could get back. Makes under a million, adds much needed forward depth to their middle six. (you could say they can get a better guy than Spooner, but... ELC guys are very valuable. They probably couldn't, even for Fowler.)

Subban = goalie prospect, which could form a nice tandem with Gibson. However, with the current available goalies around the league, I don't think they'll be too pressured to add him.

Morrow = very little need for him with all those defensemen. He could easily be taken off the deal.

2018 1st = a total mystery box. Could be anything, but likely in the 10s, considering the addition of Trouba. Doesn't help them in contending in the next 4 years.

They get a good amount of valuable stuff, sure, but Spooner is actually the only asset which gives them immediate help. The problem with trading Fowler is that he is traded to get cap help, but by removing him, they only ship out 4 million. That leaves very little flexibility with the possible return, UNLESS a cap dump is included. As it stands, neither Boston nor Winnipeg is able to take a cap dump in a deal.

Anaheim will likely either be underwhelmed by the return (as in getting a "Spooner"+bits) or get more value, but less helpful assets for now (as the OP suggests). Not many teams have what they would want/get in the perfect world.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Then Wpg will add - a little. Trouba is clearly much better than Fowler.

Agreed

For the 1000th time, Jets have zero interest in downgrading from Trouba to Fowler, minor plus on top of Fowler doesn't help this fact. Easy pass from Jets.

Lindholm for Trouba + Or forget any trade involving Jets/Ducks for Trouba.

mytduxfan*

to Anaheim:

Ryan Spooner - C/LW
Joe Morrow - D
Malcolm Subban - G
Boston 2018 1st round pick

to Winnipeg:

Cam Fowler - D
Brandon Carlo - D

to Boston:

rights to Jacob Trouba

From everything I've read, Anaheim wants someone to play the left side in exchange for Fowler. Spooner is a young player that is more center, but has been transitioned to the left side in Boston for multiple spells. He's a young talented offensive player that is on a cheap contract this year, and still under team control next year. HF says that Anaheim's depth in net isn't deep, so Subban gives them another chip. Morrow is for depth, and they also get a 1st round pick, which if Boston doesn't improve has been in the mid-range the last two years.

Winnipeg fans have said they want a top end left-handed defender in exchange for Trouba. Fowler is just that. I've seen some debate about Fowler vs. Trouba; and most seem to agree Trouba is better. Bruins add a top defensive prospect in Carlo to balance it out; HF also says that Winnipeg doesn't have any high end defensive prospects, so there you go.

Boston gives up the most, but gets what they need the most. A top end right handed defenseman that can pair with Torey Krug and be the front end of their prospect pool in the years to come.

Flame away! :)

Not bad. I don't hate it, but WPG fans will complain because they believe Trouba is a Lindholm level D-man (he's not) and Fowler is Justin Schultz's twin brother. Oh, wait... the stats show that Schultz is actually better than Fowler, so it must be true. This is despite the fact that there are numerous media sources that tell us Schultz was terrible, was moved from EDM because he was terrible and has re-signed in PIT for a fraction of his original cost because he's terrible. However, "the numbers never lie"... Oh, except when those numbers are used to show that Trouba isn't that good. Then "the numbers don't tell the whole truth". ****ing pathetic.

Too many minor parts going to Anaheim. And I don't think that Trouba has that much more value than Fowler, to be honest. Fowler is a better player that will make less money the next two years.

ANA: Spooner + Senyshyn
BOS: Trouba
WPG: Fowler + EDM 2nd (from Boston)

:handclap: So much this. I don't hate this deal either. Not sure we need Senyshyn though.

If the Jets are getting Fowler, then it's Myers, not Trouba, that's going the other way. If Trouba is moved in a deal with Anaheim, Lindholm better be coming back.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: See, told you.

No thanks from me Fowler is downgrade from Trouba. Lindholm is a better comparable.

Lindholm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Trouba. Even your beloved advanced stats prove it. Oh, wait... I forgot... "those numbers don't tell the whole truth". :shakehead

If we re-sign him, great. What do we do when he walks in 2 years?

If Fowler walks in 2 years, that's your fault and no one else's. If we're making up hypothetical situations to try and devalue players, what if Trouba doesn't sign an RFA deal in BOS or asks for $10M per?

Then Wpg will add - a little. Trouba is clearly much better than Fowler.

Clearly :rolleyes:

#bottomoftheleaguewithtroubaintop4 #wonthejenningswithfowlerontoppairingwithkevinbieksa

I think the OP is slightly overkill. Spooner + 1st is a lot already.

Agreed

For the 1000th time, Jets have zero interest in downgrading from Trouba to Fowler, minor plus on top of Fowler doesn't help this fact. Easy pass from Jets.

Lindholm for Trouba + Or forget any trade involving Jets/Ducks for Trouba.

:biglaugh:

Don't want Trouba. His possession stats are ****ing terrible compared to Lindholm. Probably tops out at a #4 guy. Fowler is #2 and Lindholm has franchise #1D written all over him. EZ pass for the Ducks.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Not bad. I don't hate it, but WPG fans will complain because they believe Trouba is a Lindholm level D-man (he's not) and Fowler is Justin Schultz's twin brother. Oh, wait... the stats show that Schultz is actually better than Fowler, so it must be true. This is despite the fact that there are numerous media sources that tell us Schultz was terrible, was moved from EDM because he was terrible and has re-signed in PIT for a fraction of his original cost because he's terrible. However, "the numbers never lie"... Oh, except when those numbers are used to show that Trouba isn't that good. Then "the numbers don't tell the whole truth". ****ing pathetic.

:handclap: So much this. I don't hate this deal either. Not sure we need Senyshyn though.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: See, told you.

Lindholm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Trouba. Even your beloved advanced stats prove it. Oh, wait... I forgot... "those numbers don't tell the whole truth". :shakehead

If Fowler walks in 2 years, that's your fault and no one else's. If we're making up hypothetical situations to try and devalue players, what if Trouba doesn't sign an RFA deal in BOS or asks for $10M per?

Clearly :rolleyes:

#bottomoftheleaguewithtroubaintop4 #wonthejenningswithfowlerontoppairingwithkevinbieksa

I think the OP is slightly overkill. Spooner + 1st is a lot already.

:biglaugh:

Don't want Trouba. His possession stats are ****ing terrible compared to Lindholm. Probably tops out at a #4 guy. Fowler is #2 and Lindholm has franchise #1D written all over him. EZ pass for the Ducks.

Today I learned Trouba is the 4th best defenceman on any team.
I get it, you think Fowler is better than Trouba. But that statement is absurd.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
to Anaheim:

Ryan Spooner - C/LW
Joe Morrow - D
Malcolm Subban - G

to Winnipeg:

Cam Fowler - D
Brandon Carlo - D

to Boston:

rights to Jacob Trouba

No interest in Joe Morrow we have enough defenseman as is.

I wouldn't trade Lindholm (unless he wants out of Anaheim) for anything the Jets have not even Laine because Lindholm is just too good at such a young age and too important to our blueline.

mytduxfan*

Today I learned Trouba is the 4th best defenceman on any team.
I get it, you think Fowler is better than Trouba. But that statement is absurd.

The kid cannot defend. His shot suppression stat, the only stat that matters to all the stat-watching Fowler haters out there, is terrible. You cannot be a top 4 D-man if you are unable to stop the opposing team from shooting/scoring, that is unless you put up ridiculous point totals yourself. Trouba had 21 points this passed season. That's absolutely shocking if he's supposed to be "more offensively inclined".

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
The kid cannot defend. His shot suppression stat, the only stat that matters to all the stat-watching Fowler haters out there, is terrible. You cannot be a top 4 D-man if you are unable to stop the opposing team from shooting/scoring, that is unless you put up ridiculous point totals yourself. Trouba had 21 points this passed season. That's absolutely shocking if he's supposed to be "more offensively inclined".

You seem upset.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
The kid cannot defend when paired with Mark Stuart. His shot suppression stat, the only stat that matters to all the stat-watching Fowler haters out there, is terrible. You cannot be a top 4 D-man if you are unable to stop the opposing team from shooting/scoring, that is unless you put up ridiculous point totals yourself. Trouba had 21 points this passed season. That's absolutely shocking if he's supposed to be "more offensively inclined".

Edited to be more accurate.
His stats go up dramatically, including shot suppression, when he's not babysitting.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Haha hahaha that's pretty funny. How can you say in one post that stats are dumb and that Fowler is the man, then bring up stats (make up stats?) saying Trouba sucks. Saying it's the Jets fault if Fowler walks haha. Rfas controlled have a lot more value then guys 2 years from ufa.

Thanks for the laughs!

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Haha hahaha that's pretty funny. How can you say in one post that stats are dumb and that Fowler is the man, then bring up stats (make up stats?) saying Trouba sucks. Saying it's the Jets fault if Fowler walks haha. Rfas controlled have a lot more value then guys 2 years from ufa.

Thanks for the laughs!

Trouba+Ehlers for Lindholm+2nd is a fair deal.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
to Anaheim:

Ryan Spooner - C/LW
Joe Morrow - D
Malcolm Subban - G

to Winnipeg:

Cam Fowler - D
Brandon Carlo - D

to Boston:

rights to Jacob Trouba

From everything I've read, Anaheim wants someone to play the left side in exchange for Fowler. Spooner is a young player that is more center, but has been transitioned to the left side in Boston for multiple spells. He's a young talented offensive player that is on a cheap contract this year, and still under team control next year. HF says that Anaheim's depth in net isn't deep, so Subban gives them another chip. Morrow is for depth, and they also get a 1st round pick, which if Boston doesn't improve has been in the mid-range the last two years.

Winnipeg fans have said they want a top end left-handed defender in exchange for Trouba. Fowler is just that. I've seen some debate about Fowler vs. Trouba; and most seem to agree Trouba is better. Bruins add a top defensive prospect in Carlo to balance it out; HF also says that Winnipeg doesn't have any high end defensive prospects, so there you go.

Boston gives up the most, but gets what they need the most. A top end right handed defenseman that can pair with Torey Krug and be the front end of their prospect pool in the years to come.

how does Boston lose: Carlo, Morrow, Subban, Spooner and a 1st round pick just for negotiating rights with Trouba??

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I thought I took into account that people think that Trouba is better by including Brandon Carlo. Carlo would likely be the Jets top defensive prospect. He's 19 and rated a 7B here; and most of the guys on the Bruins board think he'll push for a spot sooner than any of our other defense prospects.

You get 2 years of Fowler, which gives you an awesome top 4. Then still have a chance to re-sign him. And you have Carlo under control for a lot longer than that.

I actually thought I overpaid to both teams. That's my usual MO on the trade board. :laugh:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
to Anaheim:

Ryan Spooner - C/LW
Joe Morrow - D
Malcolm Subban - G

to Winnipeg:

Cam Fowler - D
Brandon Carlo - D

to Boston:

rights to Jacob Trouba

Since Ana fans have absolutely no use for Morrow, may as well toss him Wpg's way then as well (not terribly useful to us either but added depth at LHD at very little cost -- use him on the Moose if nothing else).

Including the Ana 2nd, this deal is starting to look feasible (but still only if Trouba definitely wants out)

To Ana:
Ryan Spooner - C/LW
Malcolm Subban - G

To Winnipeg:
Cam Fowler - D
Brandon Carlo - D
Joe Morrow - D
Ana 2017 2nd

To Boston:
Jacob Trouba

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
how does Boston lose: Carlo, Morrow, Subban, Spooner and a 1st round pick just for negotiating rights with Trouba??

I think we are hoping that Morrow & Subban turn into anything of real value at this point. They are mostly throw-ins. You could probably remove them.

So it's basically Carlo, Spooner, and a 1st for Trouba. I think the assumption is it's for a signed Trouba.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Do we really need to say that in a dozen threads?[/QUOTE]

Yes, because it's BS.

In terms of value Lindholm is ahead of Trouba by a fair margin. Lindholm is just a notch below the Top 12-15 D in the game. Trouba isn't Top even 30 yet. The potential is there depending on who you ask, it certaintly isn't unaniminous, but that's it. One is proven, is still trying to get there. See the difference.

Trouba's value is slightly ahead of Fowler mostly based on the fact that Fowler can walk in two-years as a UFA. Right now depending on what skill-set your after Fowler might be the slightly better player. I like Trouba's upside and well-roundness more but that's just personal preference. I don't see either ever being a legit No.1, while Lindholm is almost there now.

Jet's fans keep saying they want a age comparable Top 4 LD in exchange for Trouba or no deal. Then they get offered exactly that and claim it's nowhere near enough value.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Jet's fans keep saying they want a age comparable Top 4 LD in exchange for Trouba or no deal. Then they get offered exactly that and claim it's nowhere near enough value.

The reason is due that Winnipeg has no interest in taking a downgrade to Fowler since the Jets aren't rebuilding - and especially when considering that the Jets have a similar-type of player in Josh Morrissey and given that he is ready to graduate to the NHL roster. Aside from that, theoretical equal value doesn't prompt a trade of Trouba, but rather, he moves when someone improves Winnipeg's roster, today. Don't need a downgrade, but rather would seek an upgrade, to Lindholm for example... or otherwise the Jets will happily keep Trouba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad