Proposal: ANA-BOS-WPG three way trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
It's a fair price for Lindholm, nobody bats an eye if the Jets are unwilling to go there. Trouba and a "small" or a medium add doesn't get the Ducks to put Lindholm on the table.

And nothing else than Lindholm gets Winnipeg to put Trouba on the table. The difference is, we don't have a glaring need to **** on Lindholm after being told that the offer isn't good enough.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Big NO!!!! From Boston, are u nuts?? All those assets for who? Trouba??? hahahah Dont get me wrong hes good and all but isnt a top 2 nor is worth anywhere close to that. If the Bruins do this trade, its a tragedy for the Bruins fans and a day of mourning^^
Then the bruins have to pay him what? The 7M$ he request which he is nowhere close to being worth that?? How about they just offer sheet him and pay fewer assets.

Also a no from Jets. Trouba is younger than Fowler and prob better altho i might be wrong. But in a way its an effective way of not paying him the money he wants.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
And nothing else than Lindholm gets Winnipeg to put Trouba on the table. The difference is, we don't have a glaring need to **** on Lindholm after being told that the offer isn't good enough.

hahah lol im sure there are many pieces the jets would jump all over. And ofc Lindholm is miles ahead better than trouba, dont take it personal when ppl point out the truth.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
hahah lol im sure there are many pieces the jets would jump all over. And ofc Lindholm is miles ahead better than trouba, dont take it personal when ppl point out the truth.

Your reading comprehension isn't on point. I literally said "us Jets fans don't feel the need to have a go at Lindholm when the other team's fans aren't willing to trade him". That's something that happens a lot with all these Trouba threads. We get a bad proposal for him, we decline, and suddenly we have a POS #7 defenseman who started to regress before he was drafted and is asking for Bill Gates' bank account for his next contract. Same old same old.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
And nothing else than Lindholm gets Winnipeg to put Trouba on the table.
I doubt that. Not that it even matters, because the Ducks have no need for Trouba and I can't recall a single Ducks fan asking for Trouba.

The difference is, we don't have a glaring need to **** on Lindholm after being told that the offer isn't good enough.
You are not only lacking a need, you'd also severly lack any case to **** on Lindholm. It's almost as easy (and about just as warranted) to **** on Trouba as to **** on Fowler, which plenty Jets fans felt a need to, despite no Ducks fan has ever asked for Trouba for Fowler, either, given it makes zero sense for the Ducks.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
It's not jets fan making these stupid proposals. I don't even think it's duck fans so really.... Jets and Ducks fans should unite and tell these people who make these ridiculous will never happen proposals to stop. The trade here is awful for WPG and Anaheim.

Basically Boston wants Trouba but don't have what it takes to get him so they have to throw a random team in the mix.... next will be Philly Boston Wpg with a bunch of crap going to Philly... Sanheim and Carlo to Wpg and Trouba to Boston.

Boston fans don't seem to understand that these trades aren't gonn happen.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
again no need to get personal when facing the truth. Why you calling Trouba a #7 D?? WTF??

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The reason is due that Winnipeg has no interest in taking a downgrade to Fowler since the Jets aren't rebuilding - and especially when considering that the Jets have a similar-type of player in Josh Morrissey and given that he is ready to graduate to the NHL roster. Aside from that, theoretical equal value doesn't prompt a trade of Trouba, but rather, he moves when someone improves Winnipeg's roster, today. Don't need a downgrade, but rather would seek an upgrade, to Lindholm for example... or otherwise the Jets will happily keep Trouba.

Well your not getting Lindholm for Trouba, because Lindholm is a much better player. So your not getting an upgrade on Trouba without adding more pieces from Winnipeg's end.

Once again Fowler being a downgrade on Trouba is subjective. If you polled actual hockey people some will say Fowler is better, some will say it's about even, and some will say they like Trouba more. If you gave Arizona's GM the choice of one season of Fowler vs. one season of Trouba I'd almost guarantee he would take Fowler based on what he believes makes an effective NHL D-man. Other GMs would probably take Trouba. But overall the gap is very small between the two. But here's a fact, Fowler is a more accomplished D-man than Trouba is right now. Yes he's played longer, I'd also say he's played at a higher level thus far.

And so what if Morrissey is ready to graduate? Is he about to step into a Top 4 role? He's proven squat thus far. 3 years since his draft year for a 1st rounder and a grand total of 1 NHL game played. That's concerning. He might end up like Nathan Beaulieu, buried on the 3rd pair for years. And so what if the skill-sets are similar, puck-movement is the name of the game from the back-end now, or have you been paying attention.

And you say the Jets would happily keep Trouba, there is this small problem called they can't get him signed to a contract yet. So I guess that's not that happy is it?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Well your not getting Lindholm for Trouba, because Lindholm is a much better player. So your not getting an upgrade on Trouba without adding more pieces from Winnipeg's end.

Once again Fowler being a downgrade on Trouba is subjective. If you polled actual hockey people some will say Fowler is better, some will say it's about even, and some will say they like Trouba more. If you gave Arizona's GM the choice of one season of Fowler vs. one season of Trouba I'd almost guarantee he would take Fowler based on what he believes makes an effective NHL D-man. Other GMs would probably take Trouba. But overall the gap is very small between the two. But here's a fact, Fowler is a more accomplished D-man than Trouba is right now. Yes he's played longer, I'd also say he's played at a higher level thus far.

And so what if Morrissey is ready to graduate? Is he about to step into a Top 4 role? He's proven squat thus far. 3 years since his draft year for a 1st rounder and a grand total of 1 NHL game played. That's concerning. He might end up like Nathan Beaulieu, buried on the 3rd pair for years. And so what if the skill-sets are similar, puck-movement is the name of the game from the back-end now, or have you been paying attention.

And you say the Jets would happily keep Trouba, there is this small problem called they can't get him signed to a contract yet. So I guess that's not that happy is it?

Are you a duck fan? Cuz last time I checked Lindholm isn't signed either so maybe worry about your own.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

wut? What has that that to do with Bealieu? Your Assessment is pretty false lol. This past season he played the entire year or so on the second pairing with Petry and played well. This year hes gonna play with Weber most likely.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Are you a duck fan? Cuz last time I checked Lindholm isn't signed either so maybe worry about your own.

Reality hurts eh?

The discussion was Trouba's relative value, which if anything the last 6 months have proven is that Jets fans haven't got a sweet clue what that is.

Sorry Jets fans, Trouba isn't winning a Norris anytime soon, actually he is never winning one. He just isn't on that level, never will be. Time to face that reality.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Reality hurts eh?

The discussion was Trouba's relative value, which if anything the last 6 months have proven is that Jets fans haven't got a sweet clue what that is.

Sorry Jets fans, Trouba isn't winning a Norris anytime soon, actually he is never winning one. He just isn't on that level, never will be. Time to face that reality.

Yet, you'll be in here in another 5 minutes begging us to trade him to you. :laugh:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
wut? What has that that to do with Bealieu? Your Assessment is pretty false lol. This past season he played the entire year or so on the second pairing with Petry and played well. This year hes gonna play with Weber most likely.

Not to get off topic but actually seems pretty accurate.

Hab LD ATOI

Markov: 23:50
Emelin: 20:30
Beaulieu: 17:27

Looks like 3rd pairing fodder to me. I don't care who you think he's going to play with this year.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yet, you'll be in here in another 5 minutes begging us to trade him to you. :laugh:

I said in an earlier post I like Trouba. I personally like him better than Fowler, I appreciate more well-rounded D-men, but that doesn't mean everyone in hockey is going to agree with me. Likelyhood is many don't and favour Fowler.

If, if Winnipeg can't get a deal done, getting Fowler back is a decent option. It helps Winnipeg now, it helps in the future. Whether Winnipeg has Fowler or Trouba isn't going to make or break their chances.

But I'm not naive enough to think that Trouba is in the same level as Lindholm right now, if ever. Or that Winnipeg could get Lindholm from Anaheim for Trouba without significantly adding to the package.

Jet fans seem to think Trouba is the 2nd coming of Rob Blake.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Not to get off topic but actually seems pretty accurate.

Hab LD ATOI

Markov: 23:50
Emelin: 20:30
Beaulieu: 17:27

Looks like 3rd pairing fodder to me. I don't care who you think he's going to play with this year.

3rd pairing Ds dont play 17 to 18 minutes lmao. And ofc u dont follow the habs cuz if u did, u would be aware of all the injuries on the Blue line which caused emelin and markov to play alot more than intended.

Anyways, this is off topic so wtvr.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I said in an earlier post I like Trouba. I personally like him better than Fowler, I appreciate more well-rounded D-men, but that doesn't mean everyone in hockey is going to agree with me. Likelyhood is many don't and favour Fowler.

If, if Winnipeg can't get a deal done, getting Fowler back is a decent option. It helps Winnipeg now, it helps in the future. Whether Winnipeg has Fowler or Trouba isn't going to make or break their chances.

But I'm not naive enough to think that Trouba is in the same level as Lindholm right now, if ever. Or that Winnipeg could get Lindholm from Anaheim for Trouba without significantly adding to the package.

I dont see the ducks accepting trouba in any lindholm trade. The ducks with their payroll will stay as far as possible from any trouba extension. And ofc they have no need whatsoever in trading D for D when they have too many of them. So if they were to trade Lindholm (very unlikely), it would be for some young and proven forwards like maybe Scheifelle and tbh no one else, except maybe laine. They would prob gain more with a trade with the oilers.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

The OP is good, if Trouba wants out. However, THERE IS NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER about Trouba wanting out. Negotiations can take long, but most people don't seem to understand it. People make their assumptions without thinking about them, which leads to these crapshoots.

Why do you want to trade for Trouba? Because he's a young low end 2D who will contribute in the NHL for over a decade from now? He fits perfectly to your defense corps? Guess what? Those are among the many reasons why we want to keep him. We need him. He's a part of our future. We have no one even close to replacing him. Yet somehow, people don't see why we have no motivation to trade him.

Lindholm is better, there's not many Jets fan who disagree with that. Then we get the "Trouba is a bottom pairing overpaid POS" crap, which obviously gets called out, because, you know, it's flat out wrong. And somehow, THAT makes us arrogant and obnoxious, our players are all overrated etc. This happens every time.

If you want one of our most important pieces, prepare to hear offers which will hurt your team.

mytduxfan*

You seem upset.

Nope, just bored of the hypocrisy.

Edited to be more accurate.
His stats go up dramatically, including shot suppression, when he's not babysitting.

Us Duck fans literally came back with the same argument as to why Fowler's numbers were bad. He plays as a #1D against the opposition's best with Kevin "the black of possession" Bieksa. Fowler is clearly out of his depth in the role he's in, but he's still a solid #2D. However, if that's not good for people to say "ok, that's possible" for Fowler, why should I accept it for Trouba. At least Fowler was getting top pairing minutes. Trouba is stuck behind Buff and Myers and has to play LS to get any top 4 mins. He's facing some of the weakest competition of anyone in the WPGs D-corp.

Haha hahaha that's pretty funny. How can you say in one post that stats are dumb and that Fowler is the man, then bring up stats (make up stats?) saying Trouba sucks. Saying it's the Jets fault if Fowler walks haha. Rfas controlled have a lot more value then guys 2 years from ufa.

Thanks for the laughs!

:facepalm: That's exactly my point. You guys use shot suppression stats to say that Fowler sucks and then say "those stats don't matter" or "those stats don't tell the whole story" when we point out that Trouba sucks. Funny how when we say exactly the same thing about Fowler we're just "making excuses".

Trouba+Ehlers for Lindholm+2nd is a fair deal.

It's a lot closer, but I still pass.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Do you think that there's ANY NEED WHATSOEVER to **** on Trouba? Or Fowler? Or, you know, any player in the NHL? And if you go back, most "Fowler for Trouba" threads are actually started by someone posting a three-way deal, in which the third team wants Trouba and uses Fowler to compensate for it? We don't like that deal either: not that it doesn't fill a need, but there are other reasons which you should know well enough.

And the constant flame war between these fan bases is annoying as hell. It's always the same: same topic, same names fighting over it. Someone posts something clearly meant to annoy the other fan base, and we get 300 posts of the same old crap.

[...] I wish people could actually answer with a simple "no" or "yes" if they aren't content with the proposal.
I'm entirely with you all along that way.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
If the Jets are getting Fowler, then it's Myers, not Trouba, that's going the other way. If Trouba is moved in a deal with Anaheim, Lindholm better be coming back.

Do we really need to say that in a dozen threads?[/QUOTE]

Yes, because it's BS.

In terms of value Lindholm is ahead of Trouba by a fair margin. Lindholm is just a notch below the Top 12-15 D in the game. Trouba isn't Top even 30 yet. The potential is there depending on who you ask, it certaintly isn't unaniminous, but that's it. One is proven, is still trying to get there. See the difference.

Trouba's value is slightly ahead of Fowler mostly based on the fact that Fowler can walk in two-years as a UFA. Right now depending on what skill-set your after Fowler might be the slightly better player. I like Trouba's upside and well-roundness more but that's just personal preference. I don't see either ever being a legit No.1, while Lindholm is almost there now.

You can use things like Hero Charts to do comparisons to see differences in players. Crazy ,I know......

Jet's fans keep saying they want a age comparable Top 4 LD in exchange for Trouba or no deal. Then they get offered exactly that and claim it's nowhere near enough value.

Opinions are nice, but don't count for much unless backed up by statistics or analytics. You know, actual science like stuff to make a case for opinions. Take some of that valuable time your using posting and look up comparables between those three players.

I agree, statistics say Lindholm is a much better player than Trouba at this moment. Something substantial would have to be added.

Those same statistics also say Fowler and Trouba aren't comparable, it's not an opinion, it's math like , analytical stuff. Using analytics, Trouba is better than Myers, and Myers is still noticeably better than Fowler, again, using actual facts, not opinion.

The difference between Trouba and Fowler isn't as large as Trouba and Lindholm, but it's large enough not to roll our eyes when you say Fowler is a fair comparison to Trouba. Either you're a troll or out to lunch.

There's things like Hero Charts for people to do comparisons to get some factual information to form an opinion instead of just making stuff up on the fly.

Last edited:

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
Opinions are nice, but don't count for much unless backed up by statistics or analytics. You know, actual science like stuff to make a case for opinions. Take some of that valuable time your using posting and look up comparables between those three players.

I agree, statistics say Lindholm is a much better player than Trouba at this moment. Something substantial would have to be added.

Those same statistics also say Fowler and Trouba aren't comparable, it's not an opinion, it's math like , analytical stuff. Using analytics, Trouba is better than Myers, and Myers is still noticeably better than Fowler, again, using actual facts, not opinion.

The difference between Trouba and Fowler isn't as large as Trouba and Lindholm, but it's large enough not to roll our eyes when you say Fowler is a fair comparison to Trouba.

There's things like Hero Charts for people to do comparisons to get some factual information to form an opinion instead of just making stuff up on the fly.
myers better than fowler lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad