OT: All things related to cooking

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
How was it?
Re: Jambalaya II, director's cut

jambalaya May 3.jpg

I made this recipe last evening.. warning - large recipe. The kids made a valiant effort but alas were slain by the volume. :)

Sides: simple garden salad with oil/vinegar/basil/oregano/salt n pepa dressing

Kid rating: "Good, Dad"; "Slaps!"; "It slays."

jane-the-virgin-slay.gif

Mum rating: "You can add this to the rotation".
My rating: 85/100; next time I will find and add real okra.

This is a redo of this recipe:

Last edited:

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
I wound up making that jambalaya last week too. Substituted the Andouille sausage with chorizo. It was really good. Damn, an expensive meal to make though - chicken, sausage, and shrimp in one dish.

You can get okra at a few places, including Superstore and No Frills.

Last edited:
Reactions: kanadalainen

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I wound up making that jambalaya last week too. Substituted the Andouille sausage with chorizo. It was really good. Damn, an expensive meal to make though - chicken, sausage, and shrimp in one dish.

You can get okra at a few places, including Superstore and No Frills.
Thanks.. its a giant recipe, and yields leftovers, and so carries me through two or three days, and one more for the spouse, so the cost benefit evens up a little.

Good tip on okra.

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
How hard is it to make your own pizza crusts?
Not difficult at all - a bit easier if you have a stand mixer. I use an app called "PizzApp" to determine the formula required based on the number and size of dough balls you need. These are 16" pies - I used 600g dough balls. The pies are cooked in a regular old kitchen oven at 550F. Their placed on "screens" rather than pans - You can buy the screens at Great Canadian Wholesale. I'd be happy to provide detailed instructions if you'd like to give it a try. Dough is also available at Italian delis such as Calabria Market, Delucas, DeNardi etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad