Value of: All Things Elias Pettersson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
His demeanor on the ice suggests he doesn't want to play for Vancouver. No question his skillset is incredible, but his lackluster play this season is alarming.
Yes, I do know know that he's on pace to have back to back 100 point seasons, but seriously if you watch the guy as much as Canucks fans do, there is something up.

Pettersson went from completely untouchable to a player who I would actually consider trading.
Many attributed it to injury, but I thought his play a couple of seasons ago lackluster, lacking in spirit, more than this season. Part of that was when the team was so horrible before Benning and Green were fired.

It will be interesting to see if he goes for less than his raw ability suggests, if it gets to the stage of other teams bidding for his services. He is a great talent, reads the game really well both offensively and defensively and can be a real difference maker, but if the Canucks were to decide to trade him the price tag both in acquisition cost and pay of ~$96 million over the next eight years is a lot to commit to a star who sometimes seems disinterested.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Whatever the f*** the arguments Hughes will throw at him, I just want him to try to get him for free

I couldn't care less what he'll say to him

You can bet your ass it's a no from the Habs

Habs passed over Mitchkov to get Reinbacher, and they made Suzuki the Captain of the team

None of them are going anywhere

Should have taken Michkov. He’s at least at #5. But even he’s no guarantee to be as good as Pettersson. Reinbachers only at 33.

Captains have been replaced before.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Holy crap Canucks fans stop! lol Minnesota isn’t interested nor want anything to do with boeser or a player in Petterson who wants to get paid.

To think you would ever get faber, eriksson ek or boldy , any of these pieces from Minnesota is laughable
How about

Faber, Ek, Yurov, Heidt, Boldy, Rossi, Kaprizov, 2024-2026 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and Haight for Pettersson?

• Haha
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Ryan Whitney is bringing up the idea of trading Tkachuk from Ottawa. I don't believe it, but he'd be winning the best start to an offer for the Sens if they wanted Pettersson.

Reactions: oceanchild

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Petterson said he doesn’t want to talk contract during the season.

Canucks said Petterson doesn’t want to talk contract during the season.

“A close person to the team” is not a valid source.

Pettersson is staying . Canucks got 36 million to sign him , hronek, Lindblom and Zadorov this summer .

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Petterson said he doesn’t want to talk contract during the season.

Canucks said Petterson doesn’t want to talk contract during the season.

“A close person to the team” is not a valid source.

Pettersson is staying . Canucks got 36 million to sign him , hronek, Lindblom and Zadorov this summer .
Lots of noise, feels like it’s unfolding the same way Bo Horvat did. With Lindholm in the fold (if they can re-sign him) they have two top of the line up centers (can never have to many). I just can’t see them trading him in season given how this year has gone. But our management team don’t play.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No, it would be like this weird dream. No way he signs in Montreal. If he leaves Vancouver it will be to an American tax haven. He is that kind of guy.
Not too sure about the tax thing being of serious concern to EP 40, but the scrutiny of a Canadian market certainly is. He really seems to hate his lack of anonymity up here.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Not too sure about the tax thing being of serious concern to EP 40, but the scrutiny of a Canadian market certainly is. He really seems to hate his lack of anonymity up here.
I would be curious as to how you came up with that insight? He didn’t seem to shy away from the spotlight when he choose to go on a cruise with Elliot Friedman.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What’s the number (cap allocation or total contract) the Canucks will not match on an offer sheet, if EP 40 signs one? 13 mil cap? 100 mil total?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
If Pettersson is actually on the market, this might be the biggest package we have seen in a decade

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
He isn’t a native French speaking Canadian so I’m sure your governement would find some way to punish him.

To bad, as it’s a beautiful city

It's arguably the best "big city" in Canada, and none players are being punished because they don't speak french. Only Nick Suzuki, among the players, had to learn like 6 or 7 words, because he's the Captain

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
It's arguably the best "big city" in Canada, and none players are being punished because they don't speak french. Only Nick Suzuki, among the players, had to learn like 6 or 7 words, because he's the Captain
It’s a nice city for sure, been there a few times. It sits nicely in third place though behind Vancouver and Toronto. It’s a great place to visit, but the economy is far too dependant on handouts from the federal government and it’s not on the same level as the aforementioned two. It’s also falling further behind and will continue to do so with a government that continues to make questionable (at best) decisions. If I am a wealthy investor or foreign immigrant with the financial resources I am
Avoiding it as a destination. Just wait on the hockey players, first it was religious items, then colleges… it will continue to escalate.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
It’s a nice city for sure, been there a few times. It sits nicely in third place though behind Vancouver and Toronto. It’s a great place to visit, but the economy is far too dependant on handouts from the federal government and it’s not on the same level as the aforementioned two. It’s also falling further behind and will continue to do so with a government that continues to make questionable (at best) decisions. If I am a wealthy investor or foreign immigrant with the financial resources I am
Avoiding it as a destination. Just wait on the hockey players, first it was religious items, then colleges… it will continue to escalate.

Montréal is basically the only City affordable between the three of them, is the most culturally significant by a wide margin and Pettersson probably don't care about the western propaganda lies

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Montréal is basically the only City affordable between the three of them, is the most culturally significant by a wide margin and Pettersson probably don't care about the western propaganda lies
It’s not western propaganda, look at how much Quebec gets in transfer payments, the place is unable to support itself and is basically a welfare recipient. Affordability it tied to livability and desirability. It’s a supply demand issue and S you so correctly point out, not a huge demand for people to move to Montreal. The culturally significant part is nothing more than Quebec arrogance, it is by no standard the most culturally significant. Its role is that of a declining society hanging on by the thread and becoming more extreme as it slides into marginalization, which hurles it further into irrelevances. But your right, I am sure Pettersson doesn’t care, because he isn’t interested in Montreal.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
It’s not western propaganda, look at how much Quebec gets in transfer payments, the place is unable to support itself and is basically a welfare recipient. Affordability it tied to livability and desirability. It’s a supply demand issue and S you so correctly point out, not a huge demand for people to move to Montreal. The culturally significant part is nothing more than Quebec arrogance, it is by no standard the most culturally significant. Its role is that of a declining society hanging on by the thread and becoming more extreme as it slides into marginalization, which hurles it further into irrelevances. But your right, I am sure Pettersson doesn’t care, because he isn’t interested in Montreal.

We don't know about Pettersson's opinion of l Montréal, the only thing we know is that he might not be interested to stay in Vancouver

It's sadly not arrogance, most of the things Canada are known for are from Québec. But don't take my words for it, Do the excercises yourself

Also maybe he ain't buying that bullshit western propaganda about the West being the poor victims of the Trudeaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad