Value of: All Things Elias Pettersson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
We don't know about Pettersson's opinion of l Montréal, the only thing we know is that he might not be interested to stay in Vancouver

It's sadly not arrogance, most of the things Canada are known for are from Québec. But don't take my words for it, Do the excercises yourself

Maybe he ain't buying that bullshit propaganda

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
We don't know about Pettersson's opinion of l Montréal, the only thing we know is that he might not be interested to stay in Vancouver

It's sadly not arrogance, most of the things Canada are known for are from Québec. But don't take my words for it, Do the excercises yourself

Also maybe he ain't buying that bullshit western propaganda about the West being the poor victims of the Trudeaus
I have been to almost 40 countries l, can I ask how many you have been to ? When they talk of Canada, the often start by asking if your from Toronto or Vancouver first then Montreal. When you talk to them, I have never (not even once) had any one person talk about Quebec or anything that is from Quebec. So, I guess I would be curious about what it is you reference. To be honest I don’t care, you clearly are just anouther separatist xenophobe and I would honestly rather see the provide go.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I have been to almost 40 countries l, can I ask how many you have been to ? When they talk of Canada, the often start by asking if your from Toronto or Vancouver first then Montreal. When you talk to them, I have never (not even once) had any one person talk about Quebec or anything that is from Quebec. So, I guess I would be curious about what it is you reference. To be honest I don’t care, you clearly are just anouther separatist xenophobe and I would honestly rather see the provide go.

Nobody ever talk about Vancouver, even in Canada we don't talk about it unless we talk about places with warm Winters

Toronto, Montréal and Ottawa are usually the three that Comes first

And no, I'm no separatist, if you knew what the f*** you were talking about, you'd know that only a tiny Minority of old people are separatists these Days
Young people came to term with the fact that technology pretty Much made the Idea obsolete

I guess you don't care because you're a biggot

• Haha
Reactions: Fraser28 and dman34

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Would any of that be because you don’t sound like French is your first language? Might you assume that because you don’t speak English like Patrick Roy, they’d assume you’re from somewhere else?

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Would any of that be because you don’t sound like French is your first language? Might you assume that because you don’t speak English like Patrick Roy, they’d assume you’re from somewhere else?
Have you don’t much travelling ? Asia, Africa, South America or Europe? We can discuss how these conversations take place in the various places.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
One alternative explanation between "no worries, he doesn't want the distraction in season" at one end and "he wants out" at the other: he wants to see how the playoffs go to make sure that this isn't a mirage. The view that Vancouver now provides him the opportunity to win comes into question if they get bounced in 5-6 games in the 1st round.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Yeah. Have been to Europe many times.

Why is your default to assume you’re the only one who travels?
I don’t, I assume I don’t know, and so I ask. Which is what I did.

Do you assume I think I know what any stranger has been up to ? Over 70 million people travel to Italy per year alone. It make sense that many others in this board have been there as an example.

In my experiance people in Asia are familiar more with the west coast and Toronto as the economic Center (especially in Hong Kong and Singapore). Significant Asian population in BC and it’s been a long been an available destination due to proximity. In Africa l, they tend to just ask if your from on of the major cities once they have learned your from Canada. They list them off in rapid order (with no specific order) and includes Montreal. They are usually trying to make a quick connection to sell you goods and don’t actually have an in-depth knowledge of Canada and don’t separate English from French and also often ask if you’re American. What they all seem to ask is about how cold it is. South America is similar, but my experiance is they don’t list the cities they just ask the country and often tell you it’s beautiful. My experiance here has been less about buyer/seller and more about natural conversation and they ask more questions and spend more time. Europe, they don’t seem to care. It’s a foot note and it’s great that you’re there as a tourist, but it’s rare that anyone asks which city. No one has ever given me a history lesson, never mind one that is centered on Quebec culture, language or any other disconcerting feature. I don’t think they really care, because I think many Europeans are like Quebecers and think they live in the better place. The difference is Europeans at times are correct (depending on which country and city you are in).

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
If they have to trade Pettersson, the Ducks are a solid partner.

They have many primo young assets:

Leo Carlsson
Mason McTavish
Cutter Gauthier
Trevor Zegras
Pavel Mintyukov

and draft assets.

More than enough to acquire a top 10 Centre like Pettersson without depleting their prospect pool.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Not too sure about the tax thing being of serious concern to EP 40, but the scrutiny of a Canadian market certainly is. He really seems to hate his lack of anonymity up here.
Regardless of the reason (taxes, winning, AAV, anonymity), none of them really make sense for why he'd leave Vancouver just to sign in a place like Ottawa or Montreal.

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023

Leo Carlsson
Mason McTavish
Cutter Gauthier
Trevor Zegras
Pavel Mintyukov

and draft assets.

More than enough to acquire a top 10 Centre like Pettersson without depleting their prospect pool.
Im fairly certain that Carlsson and Gautier would be off the table. I think there could be a conversation on the others though. But what do I know? Probably nothing

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012

Leo Carlsson
Mason McTavish
Cutter Gauthier
Trevor Zegras
Pavel Mintyukov

and draft assets.

You can count Leo and Minty out. And even then if EP wants to move from Vancouver to win he's not going to want to go to a team that is still a few years away.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
You can count Leo and Minty out. And even then if EP wants to move from Vancouver to win he's not going to want to go to a team that is still a few years away.
Valid - but the counter point to that would be that adding an EP probably significantly speeds up the timeline to compete and win through the “few years away” threshold

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I dont get it, why did Pettersson ever say he wants to win? cause VAN from what I can tell has done everything the kid has asked. they are competitive and have a very good team. so why isn't he signing? if he was just not going to extend then why did he blow smoke up their asses?
his offer is extremely good, he's playing in a very nice place. what gives

Reactions: Fraser28

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I dont get it, why did Pettersson ever say he wants to win? cause VAN from what I can tell has done everything the kid has asked. they are competitive and have a very good team. so why isn't he signing? if he was just not going to extend then why did he blow smoke up their asses?
his offer is extremely good, he's playing in a very nice place. what gives
Because it’s clearly something we don’t know

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I would imagine EP wants to go somewhere like NY, LA, Boston, Chicago. He is that type. And if he doesn’t want to be in Vancouver, what do places like Detroit or Ottawa have to offer? Not meaning to criticize those places specifically but they have both been mentioned in this thread. Both Ottawa and Detroit are worse teams and less desirable cities.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Valid - but the counter point to that would be that adding an EP probably significantly speeds up the timeline to compete and win through the “few years away” threshold

It really doesn't though. One guy doesn't flip a team from cellar dwellar to contender overnight. Would still be reliant on the kids that are left to take huge leaps to being star players.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Because it’s clearly something we don’t know
okay so what dont we know? he told them he wants to win, he wants to be on a competitive team. seems every box has been checked on VAN's side what really what isn't there to know? seems Pettersson just was never going to sign no matter what. sitting on a 12m deal too if I read that correctly. pretty shady on Pettersson's side

Reactions: Fraser28

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I don't even know what I would offer from Detroit. Almost nothing would be off the table.

Danielsson+Wallinder+2024 1st if we knew we could sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad