Value of: All Things Elias Pettersson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I meant it upped the ante so much that Sabres would ask for Hughes to play with Dahlin

Thompson is young too, and worth a lot still
If the Canucks are willing to move EP Hughes isn’t going anywhere.

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
How about from the Canes: Necas, Nikishin, and ‘24 1st?
Really depends on how much they believe in Nikishin, even though he's projecting into something special.

Would have to work out a Necas extension as well. Unfortunately he's primarily been playing wing now from a Canucks value POV.

Still think that Cozens, Savoie, unprotected 1st (if it was 2024 and lets say, 7th overall) is something that the Canucks would at least be tempted to look at.

Flip that 1st rounder for defensive help and see how much more you can build.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
How about from the Canes: Necas, Nikishin, and ‘24 1st?
Jarvis instead of Necas. I would think about that.

Really depends on how much they believe in Nikishin, even though he's projecting into something special.

Would have to work out a Necas extension as well. Unfortunately he's primarily been playing wing now from a Canucks value POV.

Still think that Cozens, Savoie, unprotected 1st (if it was 2024 and lets say, 7th overall) is something that the Canucks would at least be tempted to look at.

Flip that 1st rounder for defensive help and see how much more you can build.
The unprotected 1st is honestly what's crucial out of that package.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Some targets or bases for a return:

-McTavish or Carlsson + (Zellweger?)
-Any (or a combo) of Fantilli, Jiricek, Johnson
-Hischier + Nemec (Canucks likely add)
-Eriksson Ek +
-Suzuki + Reinbacher
-Cooley +
-1st overall (Celebrini)
-Cozens, Power, Savoie, 1st (2-3 of these)
-B. Tkachuk

Just spitballing and throwing some names out there

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts

-Eriksson Ek +
-Suzuki + Reinbacher
-Cooley +
-1st overall (Celebrini)
-B. Tkachuk

I'd do Leo Carlsson, dudes the next Pettersson

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
We'll see. Avs have done a good job of getting guys to take less than their value. Landy, Toews, Makar, Rants, Mack (at least the first time).

These guys like CO more than EP seems to like Vancouver, but he knows he's in a good place and Vancouver knows they can't lose him so they'll show him the money.
You guys got Mackinnon to take less than hes worth again at 12.6M

The Avs shouldnt trade Rantanen either for Pettersson

Rantanen is similar level player. Minimal difference just for position makes no sense

Adding Byram or Ritchie makes no sense to the trade thats way to much.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Buffalo fans, what about Cozens and Samuelsson as a base? I’m not totally in tune to Mattias’ value but I really like him as a player.

Reactions: Selanne00008

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
RyJo on Petterssons wing might rejuvenate RyJo because of Petterssons playstyle
Nothing is going to rejuvenate RyJo except for a change of scenery to a team that doesn't employ a system that requires you skate well and work hard. Two things he is chronically allergic to.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

-Eriksson Ek +
-Suzuki + Reinbacher
-Cooley +
-1st overall (Celebrini)
-B. Tkachuk

Good to see you're being realistic, once again in your expectations.............................................

I'd do Leo Carlsson, dudes the next Pettersson
Ducks wouldn't.

Last edited:

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Good to see you're being realistic, once again in your expectations.............................................

Sharks wouldn't.
I figured you should aim high when trading away 100+ point franchise centres for players that you hope become nearly as good as him

Carlsson plays for the Ducks, not Sharks btw.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I figured you should aim high when trading away 100+ point franchise centres for players that you hope become nearly as good as him

Carlsson plays for the Ducks, not Sharks btw.
As has been said, if we trade EP, we won't be happy with the return, we won't win the trade. Your not just aiming high, your being completely unrealistic, as has been said, blue chip prospects don't get traded.

Thanks, lol don't know how I got that wrong. Fixed

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

-Eriksson Ek +
-Suzuki + Reinbacher
-Cooley +
-1st overall (Celebrini)
-B. Tkachuk

I’ll give you cozens, Savoie, and a 1st for a signed happy Pete.

Edit- saw the expected salary, jeezy Pete! Nvm, that’s a bit too rich.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I've seen a lot of high expectations not met on this particular board over the years in similar situations. Columbus fans trying to justify Dach during the Jones sweepstakes really stands out. Sharks fans tried to wishcast Mercer into existence for Meier. The pre-trade Dubois to L.A. threads look pretty comical in hindsight (Byfield). Eichel didn't return an A prospect/young player. Glass wasn't made available for an extended Stone. Duchene and Karlsson ended up on teams without high level assets to begin with; the future 1st gone horribly wrong made those trades.

Players are assets. There is a meaningful difference between Pettersson as an RFA 1 year away from UFA and Pettersson mid-way through a long-term 2nd contract, had the Canucks been able and/or given the opportunity to pay him 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Justicebork

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
If Petterson is not re-signing with Vancouver, I hope Montréal will give him a pitch
Except for an offersheet, in which we would pay 4 X 1sts, i don't see the Habs interested.

Suzuki + Reinbacher is a no from habs POV. I know Pettersson is better offensively than Suzuki but you need to factor in salary.

Suzuki at 7,85M$ or Pettersson at 12-12,5M$?? That's not a slam dunk answer. Even if someone still might take Pettey at 12M$, the difference is not Reinbacher who might become our 1st D in the near future.

Anyway, habs are not interested in swapping but adding.

I'm all for making a pitch at Pettersson but what we have to offer is most probably way different than what Vancouver is looking for.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I've seen a lot of high expectations not met on this particular board over the years in similar situations. Columbus fans trying to justify Dach during the Jones sweepstakes really stands out. Sharks fans tried to wishcast Mercer into existence for Meier. The pre-trade Dubois to L.A. threads look pretty comical in hindsight (Byfield). Eichel didn't return an A prospect/young player. Glass wasn't made available for an extended Stone. Duchene and Karlsson ended up on teams without high level assets to begin with; the future 1st gone horribly wrong made those trades.

Players are assets. There is a meaningful difference between Pettersson as an RFA 1 year away from UFA and Pettersson mid-way through a long-term 2nd contract, had the Canucks been able and/or given the opportunity to pay him 3 years ago.
If he is somehow traded this is basically how it will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad