Value of: All Things Elias Pettersson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Would definitely suck to lose Protas, but 100% agree.

1st, Protas, + any prospect besides Leonard? Does that even get close?
No, Leonard has to be on the table. If you're trading for a top 10 center entering his prime you're losing your top prospect, is what it is.

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
A few years back I saw an interview with Pettersson where he was asked about something that happened in the NHL the night before or recent to the interview. His answer was: I don't know, I don't watch hockey. This might be unfair, but my impression is that he is a guy who is great at something that he doesn't much care for. I think whoever signs him to an extension will be paying $12 million a year to a guy who will always wish he was doing something else.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This EP guy is going to resign in Vancouver this summer when their GM gets up to $12.75MM per.

Good team, good situation for him and he'll get paid bigly since they can't afford to lose him.

These EP threads are dumb.

Kirby Dach
2024 top 10 pick
Lane Hutson

im sure other teams can offer better quality
That trade would start with Suzuki + Reinbacher. And Habs keep adding

Last edited:

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
This EP guy is going to resign in Vancouver this summer when their GM gets up to $12.75MM per.

Good team, good situation for him and he'll get paid bigly since they can't afford to lose him.

These EP threads are dumb.
He wants to play in Colorado so he doesn’t have to be that guy.

That’s my guess

Reactions: Alienblood

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
That's an easy yes
Typical dumb post from that guy. The Avs would never offer Rants + Byram for EP

And more importantly, the Avs wouldn't have 2 C's making over $12.5MM each. EP is going to demand and get as much as $13MM AAV. Are the Avs going to allocate $26MM (or more) to just two centers? Highly doubtful.

The Avs aren't Toronto. They won't put all their eggs in just a select few baskets.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
It starts with Thomas and Dvorsky.
For a guy who is potentially a year away from UFA? If the report that he's been sitting on an 8 year - $12m aav deal all season and hasn't accepted it are accurate then that's a big red flag. I doubt teams would offer anywhere near that sort of value. It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Typical dumb post from that guy. The Avs would never offer Rants + Byram for EP

And more importantly, the Avs wouldn't have 2 C's making over $12.5MM each. EP is going to demand and get as much as $13MM AAV. Are the Avs going to allocate $26MM (or more) to just two centers? Highly doubtful.

The Avs aren't Toronto. They won't put all their eggs in just a select few baskets.
What exactly do you think they're going to do when Rantanen demands the same $12.5M as Pettersson?

:laugh: You've never been much of a critical thinker.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Vancouver is a great place to live and play, and if Petersson doesn't wanna stay there it's hard to say where he wants to get and where he'll resign. So trading for him is quite risky.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
A few years back I saw an interview with Pettersson where he was asked about something that happened in the NHL the night before or recent to the interview. His answer was: I don't know, I don't watch hockey. This might be unfair, but my impression is that he is a guy who is great at something that he doesn't much care for. I think whoever signs him to an extension will be paying $12 million a year to a guy who will always wish he was doing something else.

This isnt unfair; it’s stupid. Extremely stupid.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
You can read on ice body language and use it to read his mind? How does that work exactly? And to call his play this season lackluster and "alarming" is such an overreaction. He is 25 years old on pace for 100 pts. Is he supposed to be scoring 120? How about some perspective? How good were the Sedins at 25?, or Naslund? or Miller? Pettersson is probably the best forward since the guy in your username. Trading him would be a monumental blunder.

Pettersson is a remarkable talent. He and Hughes are easily the most talented players on the roster bar none. I really like Pettersson's skillset, he brought some exciting years when the Canucks were near impossible to cheer for under the Benning regime. I am a fan of him. I agree with you that he is one of the most talented forwards in Canucks history but I never seen a player/superstar turn it on/off like Pettersson does, more than a light switch. I have never questioned Pettersson before, I knew he was undersized and needed to put on muscle "which he has done", but it wasn't until this year where I was like OK what the heck is going on with this player?! I never seen a 100 point player who has insane skills like Pettersson be so disinterested. The Canucks are a good team that's winning, and all of a sudden Pettersson looks like he could care less about it. Overreaction maybe but there is reason to be worried as a Canucks fan. With the rumored numbers going around which would out him in Matthews and McDavid territory, I think fans have a reason to give the player a bit of criticism. Look I want to see Pettersson succeed and resign as much as anybody, but this year's Pettersson is different from the rest of his years, his body language doesn't give me much hope that he is particularly interested or happy being a Vancouver Canuck. I bring him up as a possible trade candidate because of what I see as a fan, not for what I want to happen. The Canucks could lose big time in a trade, but on the flip side the could potentially add more pieces to the puzzle aswell. Could go either way.

Overall I just want to see the superstar have some drive again. That's all I ask.

Reactions: crowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad