All Purpose Training Camp Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It'll be a sink or swim situation for the kid, and an eye opener.

With Gardiner being very questionable, this move would make sense.

As someone posted above, it would balance the lines a bit in terms of movement until Gardiner is set to return in 7-10 days.

I'd rather this scenario happen than Gardiner feel rushed and be not quite 100% and in the line up.

I'd just hate to see his confidence shatter into a million pieces if the team starts off on the wrong foot.

I mean I like the pairings, and Rielly may even play above expectations since he's already in midseason form, but if he were to start up with the Leafs for the 5 games I would have thought his minutes would be sheltered.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
Kadri senses he might be sent down: "I'll force you to keep me up"

Atta boy :yo::yo::yo: Keep this up Nazem:handclap:

:( If he goes down I hope he gets dealt to a team like Vancouver/CLB/NYI where he can play in the top 6. Then just destroy the Leafs for good measure.

In all seriousness though, I see one of Lombardi or Connolly being waived tomorow depending on their play.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Style-wise I'd say theyre a really good comparable. Average (maybe a little small) sized nhl forwards, great hands, agile, lots of on ice vision.

Thats where it ends though haha, success-wise not even close.

I'd be happy if Kadri even becomes half the player G is.

I'd be happy if Kadri became another Grabovski type.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
It'll be a sink or swim situation for the kid, and an eye opener.

With Gardiner being very questionable, this move would make sense.

As someone posted above, it would balance the lines a bit in terms of movement until Gardiner is set to return in 7-10 days.

I'd rather this scenario happen than Gardiner feel rushed and be not quite 100% and in the line up.

They might want to give Reilly a few games just until Gardiner gets back, but I really hope the club learns from past mistakes and sends the kid back to junior.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
I'd just hate to see his confidence shatter into a million pieces if the team starts off on the wrong foot.

I mean I like the pairings, and Rielly may even play above expectations since he's already in midseason form, but if he were to start up with the Leafs for the 5 games I would have thought his minutes would be sheltered.

I really like the idea of Fraser making the team and pairing him up with Komo to try an be our shutdown pairing. No sure why....as I'm his biggest critic, but have a feeling Komo will be better this season under Carlyle.

Phaneuf-Gunarrsson
Franson-Liles
Komisarek-Fraser

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I really like the idea of Fraser making the team and pairing him up with Komo to try an be our shutdown pairing. No sure why....as I'm his biggest critic, but have a feeling Komo will be better this season under Carlyle.

Phaneuf-Gunarrsson
Franson-Liles
Komisarek-Fraser

I like Fraser's physicality. We need more of those players who aren't afraid to punch someone in the skull if they even blink at us the wrong way.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Steve Simmons believes the D pairings for Saturday will be

Rielly - Phaneuf
Franson - Liles
Gunnarsson - Fraser

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Rielly - Phaneuf
Franson - Liles
Gunnarsson - Fraser

Holzer needs waivers to go down so he's almost assured a spot. Flip him and Fraser, Fraser becomes 7th guy until Gardiner is fit. Then go from there.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Holzer needs waivers to go down so he's almost assured a spot. Flip him and Fraser, Fraser becomes 7th guy until Gardiner is fit. Then go from there.

he's also a right hander

Rielly - Phanuef
Liles - Franson
Gunnar - Holzer

only Phanuef playing the wrong side

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Rielly - Phaneuf
Franson - Liles
Gunnarsson - Fraser

It's nice to see Gunnarsson off the top pair. I'd expect to see Komisarek on the bottom pair Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad