All Purpose Training Camp Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590

JVR says he feels fine and intends to play Saturday.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leafs tv? Anyway i can get this on my xbox or mac even though im out of the leafs territory? Is the channel based on credit card address?

My brother lives in the region though.

Anyway around this? I do have unblockus if that helps.

Thanks

When I was doing some work in Montreal I just entered my home postal code and it worked.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Love that defensive play by Kadri. Great heads up awareness when the play turned around, directing traffic for assignments, and he makes the smart play in his own zone.

He NEEDS to make this team.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Do the Leafs not actually have certain exclusive NHL rights within a certain radius of downtown Toronto? MLSE would do everything legally possible to prevent competition. I may be half-remembering wrong but I thought even a team in Hamilton would have to pay some sort of exorbitant penalty.

Sort of. The NHL Constitution says they have a veto that can be used to prevent any team setting up shop within their territory. NHL By-Laws say that only a majority vote is needed. The Leafs claim the by-law was not put in by a unanimous vote and therefore does not supersede the Constitution. The NHL claims that it does.

The Leafs are probably right (constitution supersedes the by-law), but would likely run afoul of anti-competition laws if they used the veto.

TheDream

May 3, 2011
Ontario
Love that defensive play by Kadri. Great heads up awareness when the play turned around, directing traffic for assignments, and he makes the smart play in his own zone.

He NEEDS to make this team.

After hearing that presser by Carlyle sounds like hes not completely sold on Kadri yet, he seemed to brush of the 3 goals and focus on his negatives. Man he better make this time!

SteveV*

Wow, by sounds of Carlyle Reilly is here to stay for five games anyway!

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I've been hearing this for the past three years. Let's see some tangible output from him this year outside of camp, and he'll warrant the accolades he deserves - until then, the jury is out.

Not sure what you mean.

Unfortunate injury screwed him last year, and when he's been here, he's produced at a similar pace as the uber-prospect, Brayden Schenn.

He hasn't been given the confidence from Ron Wilson in the past to play and get comfortable. He deserves his rightful shot to play with the big club, and have the chance to stick.

Now that our coaching staff isn't a complete clown show, he should get that.

Carlyle was deflecting the media. He's probably not out-and-out raving about the kid because the media would be ridiculous. Also, you don't want any press clippings to make anyone think the work is done. You need to keep camp competative in order to bring out everyone's best, and pick the best squad, especially in a shortened season, where there is little to no room for error

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
Style-wise I'd say theyre a really good comparable. Average (maybe a little small) sized nhl forwards, great hands, agile, lots of on ice vision.

Thats where it ends though haha, success-wise not even close.

I'd be happy if Kadri even becomes half the player G is.
Yep, he's really filled out and become much smoother in his skating.

Obviously he can only dream of having the type of game G has, but that clip shows the type of defense that you hope you can get in a top 6 C.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
What it looks like:
x2_10875f04

What it feels like:
zion.jpg

Dwight K Schrute

Nov 30, 2009
Scranton
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Rielly-Phaneuf could be an interesting pairing to start the season. Might bring balance to another unit having Gunnarsson there. #Leafs

Rielly- Phaneuf
Gunnar- Franson
Liles- Komi

seems possible for the first five games

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Rielly-Phaneuf could be an interesting pairing to start the season. Might bring balance to another unit having Gunnarsson there. #Leafs

Rielly- Phaneuf
Gunnar- Franson
Liles- Komi

But does Carlyle really want to play him against other team's top lines right away?

NaiveLeafsFan

Aug 29, 2010
Ajax, UofT
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Rielly- Phaneuf
Gunnar- Franson
Liles- Komi

It's definitely worth testing against the Smurfs at the very least. See how he looks with Phaneuf after 2 or 3 games and evaluate the situation afterwards.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
But does Carlyle really want to play him against other team's top lines right away?

It'll be a sink or swim situation for the kid, and an eye opener.

With Gardiner being very questionable, this move would make sense.

As someone posted above, it would balance the lines a bit in terms of movement until Gardiner is set to return in 7-10 days.

I'd rather this scenario happen than Gardiner feel rushed and be not quite 100% and in the line up.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
It's too bad the scrimmage wasn't the Marlies vs. Leafs because I would bet money the Marlies would take it to the Leafs in embarrassing fashion..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad