All Purpose Training Camp Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Is this a requirement to assign them to the Marlies? Im unsure of the process in training camp as opposed to in season.

If not, I cant see why Hamilton is on waivers.

When do the Marlies play again?

Or maybe they are giving them a shot at being picked up by another Team.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Need another team in GTA.

There is no universal MLSE right to have exclusive rights marketing rights to hockey in the GTA. If it is supply and demand they'd put another team there.

put them in the western conference , bring in other teams and players fans don't normally get to see

if Det is in the West don't see why a team in Toronto couldn't be

Leafs fans can stay loyal to the leafs and IMO adding a rivalry like that would be amazing

games against, Ott, montreal, bos are always a little more exciting , a second TO team would be awesome for Leafs fans

SteveV*

Carlyle said nobody is given anything, you have to EARN a spot. Kadri is doing just that. Yesterday, I made a comment his interview was the most mature I've heard, he seemed ready. This may well just be his coming out party, wherein he knocks the door down, on every level.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Need another team in GTA.

There is no universal MLSE right to have exclusive rights marketing rights to hockey in the GTA. If it is supply and demand they'd put another team there.

Do the Leafs not actually have certain exclusive NHL rights within a certain radius of downtown Toronto? MLSE would do everything legally possible to prevent competition. I may be half-remembering wrong but I thought even a team in Hamilton would have to pay some sort of exorbitant penalty.

Gryph

Apr 3, 2009
Winnipeg
Do the Leafs not actually have certain exclusive NHL rights within a certain radius of downtown Toronto? MLSE would do everything legally possible to prevent competition.

Supposed to be a 200km radius. However, if a new team wants to pay enough money there are plenty of examples of expansion within that area in other cities. Teachers Pension was always dead set against any competition, but may be different with Bell/Rogers at helm. A second Toronto team would essentially provide them with almost double the content for TSN/Sportsnet.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
When I was like...9. My old man took me to the Gardens. I've seen the Leafs in Columbus, And Detroit.

It's very loud and a great atmosphere when the Team is playing well.
There hasn't been much to cheer about since 2004.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

I agree. The team hasn't given anyone much to cheer about, since the season when we had to rely on the devils to beat the lowly Islanders, and neglected to start Brodeur.... God, that still burns my ***.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008

Even now in the sections that us folk of normal means can (barely) afford it's still pretty loud.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Do the Leafs not actually have certain exclusive NHL rights within a certain radius of downtown Toronto? MLSE would do everything legally possible to prevent competition. I may be half-remembering wrong but I thought even a team in Hamilton would have to pay some sort of exorbitant penalty.

They have an artificial territorial right. I don't think it is in any "bill of rights" from the government, say like universal health care.

They would receive compensation if another team arrived in their territory.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Even now in the sections that us folk of normal means can (barely) afford it's still pretty loud.

I'm 2nd last row Purple, I know what you mean. Still no where near Playoff atmosphere.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I'm not happy about our goaltending situation or the log-jam up front that may keep one of Kadri or Frattin our of the lineup. I don't think we'll make the playoffs this year, but with Carlyle's new system I'll try and give them a blank slate to start. Ideally we'll pick up Luongo and get rid of Scrivens, IMO.

Assuming a deal for Luongo is centered around Bozak + Kadri (even though I want Kadri to remain a Leaf) and that Lombardi is traded to Phoenix as rumoured (I have a feeling we'd get Bissonette and a late pick or low-end prospect), our lineup should look like:

Anyways, I think our lineup should be:

Lupul-Connolly/Bozak-Kessel
JvR-Grabovski-MacArthur/Kadri
Kulemin-McClement-MacArthur/Frattin
Komarov-Steckel-Brown
Bissonette/Lombardi

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Holzer
Liles-Franson
Fraser-Komisarek

Luongo
Reimer
Scrivens

With Luongo between the pipes this team could make the playoffs. I'd be happy to see the Leafs acquire him as long as the price isn't ridiculous.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
The fact that many people are still not putting him in their lineups is really funny .

Well it's not like the Leafs don't have too many forwards.

I agree he should be playing. Need to see what we have. But the team has 15 NHL capable players. Kadri has options (as in, can send down to minors without waivers). A lot of the others do not.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Well it's not like the Leafs don't have too many forwards.

I agree he should be playing. Need to see what we have. But the team has 15 NHL capable players. Kadri has options (as in, can send down to minors without waivers). A lot of the others do not.

Last year he got injured and it set him back, and year before he wasnt NHL ready, thats why he didnt make the team. But it looks as though he is now.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
i can see that
gives us a D fighter

I wouldn't be against us having 8 D with the team. Keep a core of:

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Holzer
Liles

and rotate Fraser, Komisarek and Franson in when needed and for injury replacement.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Leafs TV?

Leafs tv? Anyway i can get this on my xbox or mac even though im out of the leafs territory? Is the channel based on credit card address?

My brother lives in the region though.

Anyway around this? I do have unblockus if that helps.

Thanks

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Leafs tv? Anyway i can get this on my xbox or mac even though im out of the leafs territory? Is the channel based on credit card address?

My brother lives in the region though.

Anyway around this? I do have unblockus if that helps.

Thanks

Not sure about ways around it, but LeafsTV is a regional subscription channel (channel 500 on Rogers HD). I'm not sure whether or not it runs by CC# or based on your billing address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad