All Purpose Training Camp Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
This does not mean they contribute to the 'demand' side of things.

Uhhhh, what are you saying?

Through dedication and effort put toward their fanbase, the illich family has built a loyal base, and haven't excluded anyone, rich or poor, from attending Wings or Tigers games.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Yeah you can't really blame the owners for charging what they do. The market dictates the prices, they know if people don't like them, there are thousands and thousands who will easily take their spot. Would I like to go a few Leaf games a year sure..but I can understand why prices are so high. No point in arguing or complaining about it. If I was an owner I'd be charging the same prices, the market is the market.

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener

Through dedication and effort put toward their fanbase, the illich family has built a loyal base, and haven't excluded anyone, rich or poor, from attending Wings or Tigers games.

I think things may change a bit when the Wings get that new and improved arena they're seeking.

Dec 6, 2011

I think you're severely underestimating the complex economic calculus that determines prices.

What I am saying is that your comment about the prevalence of wealthy individuals around Detroit says next-to-nothing about why ticket prices are what they are, or what they reasonably could be. You are making assumptions about what the market will bear, ignoring the reality that Toronto and Detroit are entirely different markets.

Anyway, this is off-topic, so let's end this and return to discussing how excellent Kadri looks.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Aka, they take advantage of their fan base.

Don't kid yourself, for the sake of your argument, there is a TON of rich folks within 15 minutes of Detroit, on both sides of the border.

The vast majority of whom a) live north of the border and are Leafs fans or b) have likely never attended a hockey game, and never will.

Nobody is being 'taken advantage' of. The price is right there on the ticket. You can pay it (if you can even get the tickets at all) or you can not go.

It's a business, lower income families dont have some universal human right to attend cheap Leafs games. The organization does enough charity work. Go enjoy NHL games across the border if you can get tickets. I imagine the rare Toronto at Detroit games sell out within minutes.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I want to know who all were playing defense for team white.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Call it frustration, when your team can't muster as much as a fart from the crowd, because they're too busy doing business deals to pay attention to the game. They've priced a solid group right out of being able to experience their team live, and that's unfortunate.

It would be nice to be able to go to a game, and cheer for the hometeam, instead of watching over your shoulder for flying beers. Lol

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Call it frustration, whb your team can't muster as much as a fart from the crowd, because they're too busy doing business deals to pay attention to the game. They've priced a solid group right out of being able to experience their team live, and that's unfortunate.

It would be nice to be able to go to a game, and cheer for the hometeam, instead of watching over your shoulder for flying beers. Lol

Crowd was plenty loud back when there were playoff games at the ACC....just sayin.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Call it frustration, when your team can't muster as much as a fart from the crowd, because they're too busy doing business deals to pay attention to the game. They've priced a solid group right out of being able to experience their team live, and that's unfortunate.

You've never been to a game have you?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The vast majority of whom a) live north of the border and are Leafs fans b) have likely never attended a hockey game, and never will.

Nobody is being 'taken advantage' of. The price is right there on the ticket. You can pay it (if you can even get the tickets at all) or you can not go.

It's a business, lower income families dont have some universal human right to attend cheap Leafs games. The organization does enough charity work. Go enjoy NHL games across the border if you can get tickets. I imagine the rare Toronto at Detroit games sell out within minutes.

Need another team in GTA.

There is no universal MLSE right to have exclusive rights marketing rights to hockey in the GTA. If it is supply and demand they'd put another team there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad