Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Also I feel like our deadline acquisitions could have worked out well if better personnel decisions were made.

That being said deadline acquisitions always come with the negative of looking good only if you win (or come close to winning) a stanley cup and being negative in almost every other situation.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Also I feel like our deadline acquisitions could have worked out well if better personnel decisions were made.

That being said deadline acquisitions always come with the negative of looking good only if you win (or come close to winning) a stanley cup and being negative in almost every other situation.

TD pure rentals are like drinking shots at the bar after midnight.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
But did he really?
In 20 games he scored 12 pts. That's a 49 pt pace, playing much of it on the 4th line. In 6 PO games he scored 3 pts, again on the 4th line.

In the regular season, Hayes had the 6th highest 5v5 minutes per game for the forwards. Does that sound like a 4th line forward to you?

At least we know it’s summer when we start the revisionist history of 5 years ago….

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In the regular season, Hayes had the 6th highest 5v5 minutes per game for the forwards. Does that sound like a 4th line forward to you?

At least we know it’s summer when we start the revisionist history of 5 years ago….

Some part of that time was spent on the 4th line. I don't know how much. I remember him playing all of the PO on the 4th line.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

In the playoffs he was 11th in forwards for ice time and Par Lindholm of all players had more.

He was brought in for a playoff run and was deployed in the playoffs as a 4C with under 12 minutes of ice time a game.

As discussed his point production was fine but was demoted anyhow.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
In the playoffs he was 11th in forwards for ice time and Par Lindholm of all players had more.

He was brought in for a playoff run and was deployed in the playoffs as a 4C with under 12 minutes of ice time a game.

As discussed his point production was fine but was demoted anyhow.
Who ended up being our 2C instead of him - was it still Little?

Reactions: surixon

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Who ended up being our 2C instead of him - was it still Little?
Yeah they put Little back with Laine and Ehlers.

Little had a hell of a series too compared to most of our squad.

Truuuuuu, BUT - sometimes you need an extra shot or two to ask that hottie back to your place.

You might luck out and score, or you could get humiliated and pass out in a bush.
Truer words were never spoken

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31 and Jet

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Truuuuuu, BUT - sometimes you need an extra shot or two to ask that hottie back to your place.

You might luck out and score, or you could get humiliated and pass out in a bush.

Yup……..16 dudes standing around competing for that one and only that will leave the bar with one of them that night, but only one. All of the farm boys draining their replacement livestock budget to buy shots so they can maybe improve their chances but the downside is a 97% chance of a long term hangover.

Time to go for it! :laugh:

The saving grace is next season we might not make it back to the bar so hopefully we can sell our drink tickets to the horny 16 guys and get back some of the livestock.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I would say every year there are 31 losers and 1 winner

We could just sit on the sidelines and gather picks and prospects but I like trying to win also

Adding at the deadline didn’t help, in fact it might have backfired this year and made us slower and less cohesive defensively.

Our team, as is, had us in 1st place in the NHL at one point this season. It’s not like they needed help to get there, the team earned their way there by executing the game plan. Trade deadline assets usually bump guys down the line up and and change chemistry but is that change positive or negative? We lost the identity that got us to 4th OA. Right from the opening puck drop in the playoffs the team speed seemed off? Was that all Tofolli and Monahan’s fault….of course not but they might have made a bad situation worse.

I don’t love the narrative that going with the guys that brought us success is sitting on the sidelines, that feels like we are selling those guys short that filled those roles well. I like trying to win too but changing out 33% of our top 6 flopped. Maybe going with the guys that got us there might have made it easier to get back to the system at some point, to recover after the knock downs.

This isn’t even about the draft picks it’s about winning. How bad did Sean and Tyler even want it, this off season one of them went to play with his buddy in Columbus, the other willingly signed his sunset deal with a team in the middle of a full rebuild ensuring he won’t be competing for a cup again. Couple of guys that are not hungry to win :help:

This post wasn’t meant to single you out Joe, I am howling at the moon, clearly venting, I am tired of watching this team collapse come playoff time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad