Player Discussion Thatcher Demko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
About Nikita Tolopilo, @bringbacktheskate604 wrote, in part:

"...Still tho his numbers in Sweden (2nd league) and then from what I saw last year and Ian's comments while being 6'6 I just think he's going to cement himself this year."

I have hopes that you're right, have been high on Tolopilo for quite a while and am looking forward to him getting the bulk of the starts in Abby this year.

Reactions: Forsbergaura21

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
I think even if healthy, he should get at most 20 games in the first half of the season. And 20-25 in the second half. They really need to keep him fresh for the playoffs.
Calm and super talented goalie he is, I’m wishing the best for him

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
About Nikita Tolopilo, @bringbacktheskate604 wrote, in part:

"...Still tho his numbers in Sweden (2nd league) and then from what I saw last year and Ian's comments while being 6'6 I just think he's going to cement himself this year."

I have hopes that you're right, have been high on Tolopilo for quite a while and am looking forward to him getting the bulk of the starts in Abby this year.

With the rumors about adding another goalie, Silovs might be bumped to the AHL and tandem with Tolopilo... I guess bumping Patera to the ECHL?

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
With the rumors about adding another goalie, Silovs might be bumped to the AHL and tandem with Tolopilo... I guess bumping Patera to the ECHL?
That might be what would happen though Patera could make it messy. Article 13.11 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement reads "A Player who is not in the Entry Level System may not be Loaned to the East Coast Hockey League without his consent." Patera's entry level contract expired after the 2022-2023 season.

(In case anyone wonders, the strange looking capitalization of "Player" and "Loan" in Article 13.11 is because those terms, when used with capitals, are given meanings in the definitions section of the CBA.)

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
That might be what would happen though Patera could make it messy. Article 13.11 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement reads "A Player who is not in the Entry Level System may not be Loaned to the East Coast Hockey League without his consent." Patera's entry level contract expired after the 2022-2023 season.

(In case anyone wonders, the strange looking capitalization of "Player" and "Loan" in Article 13.11 is because those terms, when used with capitals, are given meanings in the definitions section of the CBA.)

Maybe he gets loaded to another AHL club instead

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
So you’re saying Woodley is impersonating Mossey?
That would be a dumb move on his part, he has so many connections to the pro goaltending community. I'm definitely jealous of the kind of recognition and respect he has in the community.

As for me, I'm just offering my opinion for the most part. I have had some conversation and limited work with like three NHL goalie coaches but most of that was years ago and the position has moved on dramatically since those times. It's also fun for me to try to keep up with all the new techniques so that colours my commentary as well.

WIthout Ingoal, I would be a lot less informed and that's why I've been a subscriber of theirs since their inception pretty much. I do troll the internet a bunch, a lot of the smaller goalie coaches are online and you can see which way things are heading by what they post. But some things at the highest levels don't trickle down all that fast. And the real juicy stuff I find is essentially paywalled for their actual students. But you start to recognize trends.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I thought you were just aping Dolt 45.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I have met mossey in person so I can debunk this conspiracy
Have you met Woodley in person?

That would be a dumb move on his part, he has so many connections to the pro goaltending community. I'm definitely jealous of the kind of recognition and respect he has in the community.

As for me, I'm just offering my opinion for the most part. I have had some conversation and limited work with like three NHL goalie coaches but most of that was years ago and the position has moved on dramatically since those times. It's also fun for me to try to keep up with all the new techniques so that colours my commentary as well.

WIthout Ingoal, I would be a lot less informed and that's why I've been a subscriber of theirs since their inception pretty much. I do troll the internet a bunch, a lot of the smaller goalie coaches are online and you can see which way things are heading by what they post. But some things at the highest levels don't trickle down all that fast. And the real juicy stuff I find is essentially paywalled for their actual students. But you start to recognize trends.
Aha!

So you are our very own Mika Noronen!

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Ugh. On one hand I guess it's not enough to keep him from playing but this kind of nagging thing is the worst. Anyone have any idea what it could be?
The reports (i'll try and find the links or clips of who've said it) have been that it's some back of the knee injury that's basically never been seen. It can't be operated on, and he'll have to learn to play through it.

edit: 32 thoughts

• Wow
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The reports (i'll try and find the links or clips of who've said it) have been that it's some back of the knee injury that's basically never been seen. It can't be operated on, and he'll have to learn to play through it.

edit: 32 thoughts
Makes me really curious what it could be.

Lets hope its chronic tendinitis because we all know a good north american kid can just go full speed ahead with that.

Forsbergaura21

Jul 20, 2024
I read that Vancouver finally offered Lankinen a 1 year deal at about $1 million. He said no.

I mean why would he say yes when he made $2 million per season the past two season?!

With Demko not being 100% anytime soon, it would be smart of Vancouver to lock up Lankinen for 2-3 seasons at around $1.5 per season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad