Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
friedman on 32 thoughts:
-was told be ready for 2 things ullmark and mcgroarty before the draft
-says he thinks there is a lot of interest and jets are going to be able to make an interesting deal
-thinks that since the news has got out there teams have raised their offers

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
friedman on 32 thoughts:
-says he thinks there is a lot of interest and jets are going to be able to make an interesting deal
Agreed on the value going up. Never got the perspective that going public tanked his value. Once you start a feeding frenzy someone will push to the top with the offer you want.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
friedman on 32 thoughts:

Love hearing this.

The market is timing itself well. We just watched the Panthers win and power forwards and guys that are built for playoff hockey seem to be a really hot commodity right now. This was pre McG news on the UFA side of things so he dovetails perfectly into the market place.

Trying to temper expectations but I believe Chevy should be able to get a “solid” deal done before the draft

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
friedman on 32 thoughts:
Also liked the point he made about a much bigger deal being possible, and Chevy with lots of irons in the fire.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
come on the seasons over, do something!
IMG_9013.jpeg

Malcsta

Mar 15, 2024
gotta wonder how many trades happen in the NHL that start out as baseless, made-up rumors meant to stir the pot and actually end up happening because they turn into self-fulfilling prophecies that get driven by hype.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Hamilton is mostly there giving opinions and his own thoughts.

When he does get into the rumblings he hears he is usually pretty accurate looking back.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
fwiw not much imo - jeff hamilton was saying on wst that laine he's heard rumblings that laine would be interested in coming back to winnipeg

I can't see the room really wanting him back. But who knows now. I'd imagine Chevy would be poking around the leadership core about it. He's had a rough few years in CBJ and hasn't really improved on any of the things we wanted him to improve on. If we buy low enough on him I'd be okay with it. Certainly wouldn't want us giving up anything of value.

Love hearing this.

The market is timing itself well. We just watched the Panthers win and power forwards and guys that are built for playoff hockey seem to be a really hot commodity right now. This was pre McG news on the UFA side of things so he dovetails perfectly into the market place.

Trying to temper expectations but I believe Chevy should be able to get a “solid” deal done before the draft

Yeah really sucks that we won't get that kind of player but perhaps Chevy can turn this into a win if teams are really wanting him. Come on Chevy get us that top 4 pick from CBJ.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg
I can't see the room really wanting him back. But who knows now. I'd imagine Chevy would be poking around the leadership core about it. He's had a rough few years in CBJ and hasn't really improved on any of the things we wanted him to improve on. If we buy low enough on him I'd be okay with it. Certainly wouldn't want us giving up anything of value.

Yeah really sucks that we won't get that kind of player but perhaps Chevy can turn this into a win if teams are really wanting him. Come on Chevy get us that top 4 pick from CBJ.
I honestly believe with Chevy he’s patient and waits to get what he wants I think we’re going to love the Mcg trade and people are going to wonder how Chevy did it again but not so much about the ehlers deal unfortunately

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I honestly believe with Chevy he’s patient and waits to get what he wants I think we’re going to love the Mcg trade and people are going to wonder how Chevy did it again but not so much about the ehlers deal unfortunately

Yeah Ehlers deal might be a tough one. Especially with his playoff resume. He's not exactly a ringing endrosement of his play style especially with Florida making it to back to back finals with a cup win on the backs of players who play the exact opposite of Ehlers.

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg
Yeah Ehlers deal might be a tough one. Especially with his playoff resume. He's not exactly a ringing endrosement of his play style especially with Florida making it to back to back finals with a cup win on the backs of players who play the exact opposite of Ehlers.
Yeah I think will get a late 1st and a meh prospect I don’t honestly expect much but Mcg is getting a premium and considering its a bidding war I think either will solve our 2C or get a Rhd fix

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They only let us see what they want us to see. Same thing as the Trouba situation. Its about this but really its about that.

And sometimes it is about what we see which, in this case makes sense and matches with what we have seen earlier.

It could be what you say but we have absolutely no reason to expect it to be.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Okay, I'm officially getting excited. Let's see what the deals are gonna be. Trouba and Kakko's names are out there. McGroarty will be a coveted piece for many teams. Ehlers will likely be dealt. Schmidt buyout. I want to see Pionk traded.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
And sometimes it is about what we see which, in this case makes sense and matches with what we have seen earlier.

It could be what you say but we have absolutely no reason to expect it to be.

We will have an idea of what it is really about depending on which team he goes to and ultimately signs with. If he signs with a team where the door is pretty wide open then yeah it likely was just about getting into the NHL right away. If he lands somewhere that as deep as us or deeper and spends a year in the AHL anyways then we have a pretty good idea that it was about something else.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad