Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Yeah i dont think Trouba is coming back to Winnipeg.

I wasn't suggesting that. All I'm saying is his name is out there. Right now Trouba is making too much money and is on the wrong side of 30 for me to be comfortable with him being a player on my team. The Jets are already woefully inefficient on cap expenditures on the back end. They don't need an 8 million dollar guy back there.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I wasn't suggesting that. All I'm saying is his name is out there. Right now Trouba is making too much money and is on the wrong side of 30 for me to be comfortable with him being a player on my team. The Jets are already woefully inefficient on cap expenditures on the back end. They don't need an 8 million dollar guy back there.

He also has a 15 team NTC of which we are almost surely on.

Blowing smoke? Winds of change? The shit winds are brewing?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Think that's a fair deal for both sides tbh. Not an over/underpay at all.

Also ditto the thoughts for the Middlestadt signing in colorado.

Reactions: Buffdog

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That's asking too much, but I like the line of thinking.

That isn't completely out of sight on value. Definitely favours Jets at this point - but what would we need to add to bring it into line?

McGro for 10th
Ehlers for Casey + Holtz
37 for Marino

Marino is worth more than 37 but McGro is worth more than 10 in this year's draft class.
Casey's value is high right now after a VG NCAA season but he is still a 5'10 Dman who was drafted at 46 OA. Holtz was drafted very high but has not done well in the NHL at 22 YO.

Reactions: hn777 and Huffer

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
wonder if the jets would try and go after chandler stephenson if monahan won't sign

Or if they simply don't sign Mono. Maybe he is asking for too much.

Stephenson has been underpaid for his production. I wonder what he would cost now? Do you have any kind of summary scouting report on him?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The Demelo re-rigning takes a little pressure off of Chevy WRT the Ehlers and/or Rutger returns. With Salo coming over, 2/3 of the right side should be set after next season.

I have a feeling that nexr season we'll run:
JoMo Demelo
Snerg Pionk
Heinola Schmidt
Stanley

Salo starts on the Moose before making the jump the next season when Schmidt and/or Pionk are gone

That said... if Chevy can land an upgrade, a Schmidt buyout is possible too

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The Demelo re-rigning takes a little pressure off of Chevy WRT the Ehlers and/or Rutger returns. With Salo coming over, 2/3 of the right side should be set after next season.

I have a feeling that nexr season we'll run:
JoMo Demelo
Snerg Pionk
Heinola Schmidt
Stanley

Salo starts on the Moose before making the jump the next season when Schmidt and/or Pionk are gone

That said... if Chevy can land an upgrade, a Schmidt buyout is possible too

I'm really hoping Salo hits the ground running and is pushing for a spot come mid season. Then we just keep Schmidt as a depth piece down the stretch.

Even better if we can land an upgrade though. The ideal situation is we find Morrissey or Pionk a stud partner to play with and some moves down the lineup happen. Salo marinates for a year and makes the jump and perhaps Heinola finally breaks out.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I'm really hoping Salo hits the ground running and is pushing for a spot come mid season. Then we just keep Schmidt as a depth piece down the stretch.

Even better if we can land an upgrade though. The ideal situation is we find Morrissey or Pionk a stud partner to play with and some moves down the lineup happen. Salo marinates for a year and makes the jump and perhaps Heinola finally breaks out.

If the Jets can get a good RHD to play with Morrissey and use Samberg-Pionk and Heinola-Demelo, I would really like that.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad