Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
this draft honestly seems pretty meh... some decent RHD prospects but all seems like a downgrade from McGro

I think a best case scenario is to let this simmer for a while - get Lambert, Perfetti, Samberg, Heinola, Barron and maybe even Salo prime time minutes this season - let it be known that there's a space for McGro at the end of the season
well he didn't say it would for sure be for a draft pick

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba

Would be a nice add to strengthen the right side

I follow both teams closely. There is a lot of smoke the Devils are going to sign Pesce on July 1st. With Hamilton and Nemec already on the right side Marino would likely end up being the odd man out. He would be a nice add for the Jets.

Has a M-NTC which kicks in July 1st so unsure if the Jets are on that list or not.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I follow both teams closely. There is a lot of smoke the Devils are going to sign Pesce on July 1st. With Hamilton and Nemec already on the right side Marino would likely end up being the odd man out. He would be a nice add for the Jets.

Has a M-NTC which kicks in July 1st so unsure if the Jets are on that list or not.
as soon as I saw that rumor about pesce I was thinking he would be a good pick up before his ntc kicks in

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Would be a nice add to strengthen the right side

Seems hes just a great puck mover but outside of that he doesn't do much else. Pretty much exactly what we need. Wonder what it would take to get him.

Wonder if Rutger would sign with New Jersey? If he does and ends up on their farm we know its not about playing in the NHL.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
as soon as I saw that rumor about pesce I was thinking he would be a good pick up before his ntc kicks in

Fitzgerald is clearly going to be aggressive this off-season. I’m sure he would LOVE McGroarty as he’s the type of piece they could use up front. Former teammate of Luke Hughes and Seamus Casey as well. Have to wonder if something sizeable happens between the two teams prior to the draft.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Marino would be a solid add, however not the type of player imo that commands a recent mid 1st. he strikes me as a 2nd+B prospect type of move all day. also dont see the clear path for Rutger to get top-6 time on the Devils, i think he'd be in a similar type of NHL role here. however, don't follow NJD day-to-day so may be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: MardyBum

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Seems hes just a great puck mover but outside of that he doesn't do much else. Pretty much exactly what we need. Wonder what it would take to get him.

Wonder if Rutger would sign with New Jersey? If he does and ends up on their farm we know its not about playing in the NHL.

Devils top 9 right now..

Meier-Hischier-Bratt
____-Hughes-Mercer
Palat-Haula-Holtz

There’s definitely a spot for him immediately if Fitzgerald pulls the trigger. Top 6 or top 9.

Also will say Marino is a great rush defender. That’s where he shines. He had a rough go last year but injuries and a couple losses the prior offseason really did a number on the D.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Marino would be a solid add, however not the type of player imo that commands a recent mid 1st. he strikes me as a 2nd+B prospect type of move all day. also dont see the clear path for Rutger to get top-6 time on the Devils, i think he'd be in a similar type of NHL role here. however, don't follow NJD day-to-day so may be wrong.

If the Jets get into the first round with a McGroarty or Ehlers trade I wouldn't mind moving the Montreal 2nd and something for Marino.

Reactions: roccerfeller

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Seems to match what Murat was saying in his piece today.
friedman on the marek show saying he's heard from some people to expect mcgroarty traded before the draft

a bummer.

im going to wait to see the return and reserve the full spectrum of emotions to hear more about the story that hopefully comes out later...if someone like Jiricek comes back then that significantly lessens the sting (and small market helping out small market is nice)

but

i cant help but have concerns this is a fumble, and the implications of losing someone who could impact the franchise for years (make him a cornerstone, attract other players, excite the fanbase, take it up a notch in the playoffs, bring an element we simply dont have etc etc...)

no doubt the organization has already gone through these motions, and chevy wont get undercut on a trade...its just fresh news to us right now

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If the Jets get into the first round with a McGroarty or Ehlers trade I wouldn't mind moving the Montreal 2nd and something for Marino.
yeah possibly. i think McGroarty could land you ~mid 1st. id rather package that mid 1st+ for a higher potential RHD or top-6 C, however i realize these type of trades in quick succession are not super common.

Reactions: jokesondee

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Agree. I'd like to Add Marino, but not at the cost of McGroarty, I think that's a bad deal for the Jets.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Can’t see any way New Jersey does that
Marino is expected to be a casualty when Pesce comes in. Casey won’t have much of a chance with that right side. Holtz doesn’t seem to be as NHL ready as either Ehlers or McGroarty. They’ve said they’re open to moving 10OA and already got the goalie they want.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Marino is expected to be a casualty when Pesce comes in. Casey won’t have much of a chance with that right side. Holtz doesn’t seem to be as NHL ready as either Ehlers or McGroarty. They’ve said they’re open to moving 10OA and already got the goalie they want.
Well I would take that deal and run if we could get it

Reactions: roccerfeller

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Ehlers, McGroarty, MTL’s 2nd for

10th overall, Casey, Marino, Holtz?

Ehlers can't negotiate an extension until July 1st which is a few days after the draft and we can't put any conditions on extensions anymore.

It makes any kind of deal for draft picks likely squarely on the value of McG and Ehlers likely gets dealt in the summer.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Ehlers can't negotiate an extension until July 1st which is a few days after the draft and we can't put any conditions on extensions anymore.

It makes any kind of deal for draft picks likely squarely on the value of McG and Ehlers likely gets dealt in the summer.
Don’t need conditions, GMs can talk to agents about hypothetically, maybe, kinda sorta a similar player to Ehlers thinking about a certain length of time he’d like to play hockey for a team before thinking of his next contract, and also speculate on how much he wishes to be deposited to his bank account biweekly.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Don’t need conditions, GMs can talk to agents about hypothetically, maybe, kinda sorta a similar player to Ehlers thinking about a certain length of time he’d like to play hockey for a team before thinking of his next contract, and also speculate on how much he wishes to be deposited to his bank account biweekly.

They can but just don't get caught doing it because it will lead to us forfeiting 1st round picks which is honestly a complete killer for a franchise like ours and likely why we should never do that.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
They can but just don't get caught doing it because it will lead to us forfeiting 1st round picks which is honestly a complete killer for a franchise like ours and likely why we should never do that.
Would be Fitzgerald making that call, but anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad