Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
our 81-55 problem and our 2C problem is solved by putting 27 on the top line and running Perfetti, Namestnikov and Vilardi on the second line. On the bench, before each shift, they play rock paper scissors to decide who takes the middle.
namestnikov is not a top 6 player.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Things I'd have done if I were Chevy:

- Buyout Pionk
- Signed Dillon ($4M x 3) and Scott Walker ($3M x 3)
- Tell McGroarty and his agent we aren't moving him and would rather take a compensatory 2nd in 2027 than trade him just on principle.. If he signs in WPG and wants out after 3 years, we will trade him then. Otherwise, enjoy the next 2 years in the NCAA and lost associated millions in career earnings. Don't even call us unless you have changed your mind and are ready to sign. Bye.
- Buyout Comrie (lol)
- Sign Ehlers to $8M x 8.
- Ship Too Big To Fail Stanley to ECHL.
Other than Pionk buy out
Schmidt had to go first

Reactions: Dirtbag151

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
The strategy prior to and after Dubois just seems to be about spending assets on mediocre stop gaps. Time for the org to invest in a long term solution. Either step up and go out and trade for one, or start grooming an internal candidate for the role.
Jets have 2 players in the top 6 now who are supposed to be centers, Perfetti & Vilardi. About time to actual play them for more than 3 games to see if either one works.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Jets have 2 players in the top 6 now who are supposed to be centers, Perfetti & Vilardi. About time to actual play them for more than 3 games to see if either one works.
I know there was talk of moving Vilardi to centre by Chevy. But I don't see it in him. I still think Brad Lambert's superior skating makes him the prime candidate.

If Chevy is going to play hardball with Mc Groarty I like the idea of changing up the winger combinations to Connor-Perfetti and Ehlers-Valardi in the top 6. Scheifele gets one of the duo's, probably KC and maybe Perfetti is the right guy to complement the two players...

Then have Namestnikov and Lambert compete in TC...we'll get a real idea of where Lambert is at...Namestnikov as a stop gap has shown good chemistry with Ehlers.

If Namestnikov wins the 2C job, as a place holder for Lambert, who is projecting top 6 all the way, you can keep the checking line intact, which has shown some chops, and then you have 3 guys competing for one spot on the 4th line, in different positions: Gustafsson, Kupari and Parker Ford.

Myself I'd still like to see Kupari traded for Cody Glass, two guys who busted hard last year for their respective teams, and spent the playoffs on the PB. Glass being a guy who can potentially compete perhaps for a 2C spot if he finds his game closer to home. Nashville gets $1.5 million in Cap relief. Maybe you can get $500 000 retained to make it so Chevy isn't Cap constrained either, though I think he's in good shape still...I wouldn't count either JAD or AJF against the Cap next year.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Cotton Eye Joe

Oct 8, 2023
I don't know how close Cheveldayoff was, but we could have got Jeff Skinner and Matt Duchene for a combined $6M. I would have been VERY HAPPY if that is what we picked up in free agency. Maybe we can get Tarasenko.
I'm positive it would have cost us much more than 3 mill each.
If your a free agent do you choose Edmonton or Winnipeg to sign with on a one year deal?
Chevy would have had to give 4 mill each minimum.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I know there was talk of moving Vilardi to centre by Chevy. But I don't see it in him. I still think Brad Lambert's superior skating makes him the prime candidate.

If Chevy is going to play hardball with Mc Groarty I like the idea of changing up the winger combinations to Connor-Perfetti and Ehlers-Valardi in the top 6. Scheifele gets one of the duo's, probably KC and maybe Perfetti is the right guy to complement the two players...

Then have Namestnikov and Lambert compete in TC...we'll get a real idea of where Lambert is at...Namestnikov as a stop gap has shown good chemistry with Ehlers.

If Namestnikov wins the 2C job, as a place holder for Lambert, who is projecting top 6 all the way, you can keep the checking line intact, which has shown some chops, and then you have 3 guys competing for one spot on the 4th line, in different positions: Gustafsson, Kupari and Parker Ford.

Myself I'd still like to see Kupari traded for Cody Glass, two guys who busted hard last year for their respective teams, and spent the playoffs on the PB. Glass being a guy who can potentially compete perhaps for a 2C spot if he finds his game closer to home. Nashville gets $1.5 million in Cap relief. Maybe you can get $500 000 retained to make it so Chevy isn't Cap constrained either, though I think he's in good shape still...I wouldn't count either JAD or AJF against the Cap next year.
I agree on almost all counts

No more old foagies, Namestnikov at 2C and when Brad is ready to take over he can.

I'm positive it would have cost us much more than 3 mill each.
If your a free agent do you choose Edmonton or Winnipeg to sign with on a one year deal?
Chevy would have had to give 4 mill each minimum.
Yeah, at least

Reactions: voyageur

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Here is what I'd do

Offer sheet Braden Schneider 8.25 million for five years (give up 1st, 2nd, 3rd)

Ehlers (3m retained), Iafallo (dump) and McGro for Shane Pinto and Mads Sogaard

Stan gone - combined with Ehlers, Iafallo covers Schneider

Claim Kova off waivers!!!!

That leaves us with our current salary cap to cover Pinto and Perfetti

If more $$ are needed
Kupari/Apples for any pick
Buy out Pionk if needed

Vilardi-Scheif-Perfetti
Connor-Pinto-Lambert
Nino-Lowry-Apples
Names-Barron-Kupari

Jomo-Schneider
Samberg-Pionk
Heinola-DeMelo

EDIT: Or sign Colin Miller

We don't have the picks for that OS. No 2nd next year.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I believe they are told here's the deal on 55. Maybe 81 wants to also. It's my belief that upstairs interferes and want the coach to make them happy.

OK, so exactly the same situation. Doesn't matter if it comes from coach, GM or owner.

We have no idea what discussions they had throughout the year. Could have been as easy as Dillion not wanting to discuss things while the season was going on and then he found himself at behind two more important pieces once the year ended.

We can agree to disagree on this. He's free to go where he wants, just sick of some of these complaints in the press.

He said more than once that he was disappointed to have not received ANY offer.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I've never heard of the site, but throwing it out there just to see what people think of the idea:

I don't think that is particularly likely. Tuch is like their Lowry and Scheifele rolled into one player. A leader on the team who is a home town boy and someone also very skilled. I would def consider this trade if Ehlers doesn't want to re-sign but I don't see Buffalo considering it.

kenobiwan

Jun 1, 2022
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't think that is particularly likely. Tuch is like their Lowry and Scheifele rolled into one player. A leader on the team who is a home town boy and someone also very skilled. I would def consider this trade if Ehlers doesn't want to re-sign but I don't see Buffalo considering it.

Correct. Tuch isn’t going anywhere. He loves the Sabres, and the Sabres love him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad