Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yes but when he drafted McGroarty, Chevy didn't know he would draft another similar player in Barlow. He also didn't know that Chibrikov would prove himself worthy with the Moose. He also didn't know that Perfetti would be used in the NHL as a LW.

Jets can't use all their LWs at LW. Either start trading some or start losing some.

Are we keeping Ehlers now? Of course, he plays either wing. But Chibrikov plays RW too.

McG is the best of them, at least at this point and by quite a wide margin.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Love the way we still think Lucius is a legit NHL prospect...
It's only a year and a half ago that he was scoring OT winners and helping pace a USA team with all these prospects we are talking about...Injuries are setbacks, but there is probably more chance Lucius becomes an NHLer then there ever was of Kristian Vesalainen being a pro.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
IF it is true that McGroarty did sour on this team because there isn’t a spot for him, then True North needs to take a step back and evaluate what they’re doing here. There’s no way a “draft and develop” team should lose their top prospect because he feels there isn’t a spot for him here.

Again, IF all this speculation is true … we really don’t know.

100% agreed. If this is true it should be a massive wakeup call for the org. Players like Perfetti, McGroarty, Lambert etc are tye lifeblood of this franchise going forward. They can't afford to alienate these young pieces as we have a hard enough time finding talent as it is.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm not worried about it. If the Jets are serious about contending, their window is as far as Scheifele, Morrissey, and Hellebuyck can carry, so right now. Rutger in the NCAA doesn't help them right now.

Mike McIntire says in the IC Hockey Show that the relationship is "fractured" and there's "friction". Have to think that it's Rutger's camp dropping these hints, though they haven't talked to Rutger yet. Right now, he's an asset. Any way you can make the team better, you do it. If he doesn't want to sign, then move him for other assets. The next week will be interesting.

I agree that this draft is severely underwhelming. I see Rutger being traded for a similar NHL level player, not a pick or a group of picks.

I see something similar to the Gauthier Drysdale swap if he's moved.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
It's only a year and a half ago that he was scoring OT winners and helping pace a USA team with all these prospects we are talking about...Injuries are setbacks, but there is probably more chance Lucius becomes an NHLer then there ever was of Kristian Vesalainen being a pro.
Ves hadn't had two major injuries before we drafted him... lucius is now four straight season ending on IR and two major surgeries on his ankle

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
you can also ruin prospects by rushing them into the nhl, people have talked about his skating not being up to par yet, we were a 110 point team, perfetti struggled and couldn't even stay in the line up so why should we gift a player who might not be ready a spot in the line up?

Nobody has suggested giving anything to anyone. Not having any likely or potential path to the NHL roster is another thing.

These guys are not stupid. They can see who is ahead of them on the depth chart. They can see prospects getting overripened in the system.

Last edited:

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Nobody has suggested giving anything to anyone. Not having any likely or potential path to the NHL roster is another.

These guys are not stupid. They can see who is ahead of them on the depth chart. They can see prospects getting overripened in the system.

Who are the prospects getting over ripened?

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
the "jets have no leverage" type posts are starting on the main boards

They have 2 years, that’s a lot of leverage. I also remember the same comments being made re: PLD when apparently he only wanted to play for Habs. Now there are 31 teams that would theoretically be battling for McG’s rights - that’s leverage. Not saying all 31 teams are calling, but I’m just saying we have leverage - both on McG (2 years) and on other teams who want to put in a “bid” for him for Chevy to consider.

That being said: I hope the Jets can somehow resolve this issue, as I would much prefer McG in the long term Jets picture than to see him on another team. Ugh.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

This team NEEDS to figure out how to better integrate its young players. For f***'s sake, Cheveldayoff.

I said as much last year. You can't dick around your top young players anymore in this league. They don't put up with it. I fully expect this org to be in damage control mode next year meaning Ville will be on the team and Cole and Snerg in bigger roles.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
100% - perfetti was given a top six role at age 21 and then pencilled in at C to start this season

Maybe McGroarty is spending too much time on HFBoards...

The Jets have 4 forwards signed for the season after next. How much of an open door do you need?!

At least we will get some clarity by development camp at the latest.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Who are the prospects getting over ripened?

Heinola.
You could almost say Perfetti but that is not quite what happened with him.

With all of the talk about moving Ehlers, Jets should have told McG that there would be a spot for him IF he could win it in TC. We don't know if that is the way they presented it to him or not. But they had to tell him that he would be given all that he could earn. That is not giving him anything other than opportunity.

Reactions: Maukkis

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Heinola.
You could almost say Perfetti but that is not quite what happened with him.

With all of the talk about moving Ehlers, Jets should have told McG that there would be a spot for him IF he could win it in TC. We don't know if that is the way they presented it to him or not. But they had to tell him that he would be given all that he could earn. That is not giving him anything other than opportunity.
lol... you don't think the jets told him that he would need to win a spot in training camp or else he would start on the moose...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad