Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
"A report from David Pagnotta of The Fourth Period earlier this week suggested Ehlers won’t be willing to sign a long-term extension with the Jets.

A source close to Ehlers wouldn’t confirm that to the Sun, only saying he’s got one year left on his deal and they’ll see where it goes. They added there’s constant dialogue with Cheveldayoff."
I wonder if Columbus plans to squeeze both Jiricec and Ceulemans in behind Severson and Gudbrandson this year or if one could be had in trade.

Just have a look at where they shoot from.
doesn't mean Ehlers is scared of contact near the net. it means he shoots when he has room to shoot.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I wonder if Columbus plans to squeeze both Jiricec and Ceulemans in behind Severson and Gudbrandson this year or if one could be had in trade.
Jackets fan dropping by. Ceulemans is barely even AHL-ready right now. He was delayed two years in development by being in the mess of the Wisconsin Badgers program. He had a hard year in Cleveland this past year. He's a project and will not be in the NHL next year. Barring any out of left field moves by Waddell, the year will start Severson-Jiricek-Gudbranson on the right.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I was and Connor is significantly more likely to drive the net than Ehlers is.
A good example would be when the took the knee on knee that put him out of the lineup.
Not that he is always driving the net that way but he will try to get in the high danger areas

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
WTF are you talking about?
I agree with your point while acknowledging that others pointed it out to me before you.
How is that fighting your post?
I also agreed with the other posters who pointed out the probability that he is not a suitable candidate for our 2C.

The earlier post of yours that I questioned (questioning is NOT fighting) made a statement with nothing that might support it. "Necas wants to play center that probably doesn't happen here", I asked why not.
Read the OP and the subsequent posts. It's not worth even more keystrokes explaining shit to you time and time again.

Last edited:

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
IMG_9013.jpeg

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I didn't see much physical but I did see a lot more defensive awareness and get up and go -
He's been lazy in the past - especially when transitioning to D - but I agree, he's added some "compete" to his game and that's probably all you want to ask of him.
I remember being shocked that a Jet laid a hit and it was Connor.

I had to do that cartoon eye rubbing thing 🤣

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Read the OP and the subsequent posts. It's not worth even more keystrokes explaining shit to you time and time again.

I'm tired of this criticism. I'm tired of you. The rest of my response is prohibited. Figure it out for yourself.

If Brind’Amour, a damn good centre feels Necas is not a very good centre then I would steer clear.

Yes, I've seen the point.
His desire to play C doesn't affect the equation.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He definitely goes to rougher areas in the regular season and that is the problem he doesn't do that in the post season. He goes to much greater lengths to avoid contact in the post season. Which is really the exact opposite of what you want in a player.

No they don't need to be shopped to be available but generally there is a hierarchy of value, sometimes that hierarchy of value isn't followed to a T but it generally is and finding a solid top pairing D for a sub PPG winger that is prone to injury and who completely folds in the playoffs generally isn't something many GMs are going to go for. There would likely need to be a bigger plus from our side or we would have to find someone who has the potential to be that but isn't quite yet. I know if I was a GM that had a top pairing defender and you came to me offering just Ehlers I would laugh in your face.

I can't deny that Ehlers fails to go to the tough spaces in the PO. I just can't see it being simple fear since that doesn't seem to be the case in the regular season. IDK what the explanation is though.

There is also trading from strength to fill a weakness. But there are not a lot of teams who can spare a top 4 RHD to get offence. There is always the possibility though.

If we lose Ehlers for futures and Dillon for nothing we are a much weaker team than last year. Add to that some other potential negatives and it is not a pretty picture. Lose Brossoit. Maybe lose DeMelo. Maybe tie ourselves to Monahan for too much, too long. Or go into another season without a 2C. Also not good.

Hope Chevy can pull a rabbit out of his hat because we are going to need it.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Jackets fan dropping by. Ceulemans is barely even AHL-ready right now. He was delayed two years in development by being in the mess of the Wisconsin Badgers program. He had a hard year in Cleveland this past year. He's a project and will not be in the NHL next year. Barring any out of left field moves by Waddell, the year will start Severson-Jiricek-Gudbranson on the right.
Thanks for stopping by. I will now pine after some other team's RHD.

Any rumblings on how Laine is doing?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I think LB is as good as gone, so what do you guys think of DeSmith as a backup next year?
2 x 1.8m ish?

Reactions: trebendan

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Seems to me like he wants to see if he can land a bigger contract in FA. I have a feeling he likely will from some of the teams that have a bunch of free space and would like a physical veteran presence on the backend. I think the Jets probably have a number for him that they won't go over and if he gets over that number in FA he's as good as gone.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Seems to me like he wants to see if he can land a bigger contract in FA. I have a feeling he likely will from some of the teams that have a bunch of free space and would like a physical veteran presence on the backend. I think the Jets probably have a number for him that they won't go over and if he gets over that number in FA he's as good as gone.
maybe, but last week billeck was claiming that he heard from a good source that dillon won't be back, now this week he says they talked and could talk again, so who really knows

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
maybe, but last week billeck was claiming that he heard from a good source that dillon won't be back, now this week he says they talked and could talk again, so who really knows

I'd imagine it's just the team telling him that if he can't find what he's looking for elsewhere there is a place for him here.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia

Welcome!

Thanks for the information

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Thanks for stopping by. I will now pine after some other team's RHD.

Any rumblings on how Laine is doing?
We’ve got Adam Boqvist available, though. Smaller and kind of soft and always injured, but held his own on the first pair with Z just fine when he was healthy. Just getting squeezed out here.

You know the same as we do about Laine. Won’t be any updates til he’s cleared. His girlfriend posted a new puppy selfie with him earlier this month showing him with his arm in a sling, and Waddell did confirm he had some cleanup surgery. He’s in Florida right now, training and being with Barkov as usual.

(Dillon is my ideal FA signing this year for Columbus. What do you guys think he’ll get on the market? At 35 he shouldn’t be chasing the bag as much, right?)

Reactions: wraithsonwings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad