Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Whoa are you implying Bowness somehow went full Tonya Harding on Heinola this season??!!
Your words, not mine. What I'm referring to is all the dogshit defensemen that have ended up on the team at various points and gotten ice time before Heinola - they haven't been here by random chance. Someone has signed them, someone has given them roster spots.

Anyway, most of the Heinola fiasco is on Chevy, and I expect it to finally end in a trade request (that may already have been submitted in private, if Finnish sources are to be believed) this summer.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Your words, not mine. What I'm referring to is all the dogshit defensemen that have ended up on the team at various points and gotten ice time before Heinola - they haven't been here by random chance. Someone has signed them, someone has given them roster spots.

Anyway, most of the Heinola fiasco is on Chevy, and I expect it to finally end in a trade request (that may already have been submitted in private, if Finnish sources are to be believed) this summer.

If he did then I don't really blame him. He should have been given a chance after his injury given he had made the team prior to it. At the end of the day he's seeing his career pass him by being stuck.

They pretty much have to give him a legit chance or trade him this summer.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
If he did then I don't really blame him. He should have been given a chance after his injury given he had made the team prior to it. At the end of the day he's seeing his career pass him by being stuck.

He'll 100% be on the roster this season

He would have been last season except for his misfortune.. the Moose coach talked at the end of the season about how his skating had finally returned to pre-injury levels

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Funny, nobody has mentioned resigning Tyler Toffoli...:sarcasm:

:laugh:
Everybody has assumed Toffoli would resign from the Jets, yes.

Re-sign with the Jets, however? David Pagnotta has already reported that ship has sailed and Toffoli will be signing with a different team this offseason.

Reactions: surixon

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

Its his best time to make the team when they are likely letting Dillon walk. I mean he made the team out of training camp last season and I don't think he was ready or at the same point near the end of the season.

He will get his chance next year and it will be up to him. Consider that Harley drafted 2 spots ahead of him made Dallas this year out of training camp and played great. If he comes in to camp with the right attitude and consistency he showed last year he will play

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

I couldn't handle a full season of this forum talking about his tiny eyes.

Its his best time to make the team when they are likely letting Dillon walk. I mean he made the team out of training camp last season and I don't think he was ready or at the same point near the end of the season.

He will get his chance next year and it will be up to him. Consider that Harley drafted 2 spots ahead of him made Dallas this year out of training camp and played great. If he comes in to camp with the right attitude and consistency he showed last year he will play
Ville wasn't the best Dman on the Moose though... how do you turn around and tell Capo he's passed over just because Heinola was a first round pick and he wasn't - moot point now if Capo leaves for nothing

• Haha
Reactions: macmaroon

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

He had gotten back to that level near the end of the regular season(and his coach said as much), but they weren't going to call up a dman from the AHL and give him a shot with a few games left because that's not how they roll.

That's what Dallas did with Harley, called him up with 6 games left in the 22-23 season and let him audition for a playoff spot then played him every playoff game.

Unfortunate injury, hopefully he's back next season.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Ville wasn't the best Dman on the Moose though... how do you turn around and tell Capo he's passed over just because Heinola was a first round pick and he wasn't - moot point now if Capo leaves for nothing

How do you turn around and tell Perfetti he's passed over for Axel? 🤔

They waived Capo, he was free to every team in the league. That kinda ends any complaining and he's a FA anyways.

He was really awesome in the A this year though.

Reactions: Bigfish

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

One guys is a prospect and one guy isn't. I mean just because you put up points in the AHL or Europe likely doesn't mean you do the same in the NHL.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

I'd like Toffoli back so he can play on Chef's line. All so I can keep posting this when one scores and the other has an assist

71E71tcYHEL.jpg

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
We can start from nuking the first line, as it loses its 5v5 matchups, and replacing guys with the Chibs and Chazes. Then, we continue with somehow convincing Heinola to not leave for Europe and give him 20 minutes a night in perpetuity - you'd know that as the Pionk treatment. Finally, abolish the Lowry line, start running three offensive lines like Dallas does, distribute the 5v5 minutes evenly between the three, and promote prospects as needed.

Dallas has roughly done all of that, going from a Benn/Seguin/Radulov-driven core to a much wider one featuring a lot of young talent that performs with good consistency. They also didn't get afraid of promoting Harley when Heiskanen had health issues last year - we would never do that with Morrissey and Heinola. And if your answer to this is again "but their prospects are better", read this line from above:

Our most highly trusted, overpaid and overplayed roster players have been shit. What's the harm in replacing them with other shit?
none of what you posted shows how it would be a big improvement.

our benn and seguin equivalents would be 2 of connor, scheifele or ehlers... so displace 2 of those w/ chibs or lucius and we are better this year? doubtful.

giving heinola the "pionk treatment" as well i doubt nets us a better team, we need better players than both of those 2. Heinola doesn't replace either of Morrissey, Dillon or Samberg in the lineup. Compared to Harley: Harley actually played well & better than Heinola in his NHL games prior to this year and was poised for a breakout.

dont disagree on the lowry line needing a bit more scoring punch. they were great in out-scoring (mostly driven by their defense) and out-chancing the opposition, but they definitely were below average in converting (GF vs xGF). they could use an additional scoring fwd.

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
How do you turn around and tell Perfetti he's passed over for Axel? 🤔

They waived Capo, he was free to every team in the league. That kinda ends any complaining and he's a FA anyways.

He was really awesome in the A this year though.
NHL is a what have you done for me lately league... and Capo replaced Kovacevic - so I kind of consider him as a draft develop now

AJF and Perfetti are completely different roles - the team needed speed and PK... and then of course they didn't utilize it at all haha but that's beyond my payscale

For the record, I would have benched Toffoli and played Perfetti for game 1 of the Colorado series - Im a huge fan of the Connor-Monahan-Perfetti combo of speed, hockey IQ and netfront

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
none of what you posted shows how it would be a big improvement.
It sure would be a bigger improvement than continuing with what has lost us five years.
our benn and seguin equivalents would be 2 of connor, scheifele or ehlers... so replace 2 of those w/ chibs or lucius and we are better this year? doubtful.
On average, Scheifele and Connor have played 16 of the ~51 ES minutes we've had per game this year. They get outscored. You can improve the team's performance a lot just by making sure that those two either outscore their opponents, or simply never play together. I don't care how much better they are than our prospects; they're terrible together. Find a way.
giving heinola the "pionk treatment" as well i doubt nets us a better team, we need better players than both of those 2. Heinola doesn't replace either of Morrissey, Dillon or Samberg in the lineup. Compared to Harley: Hearly actually played well & better than Heinola in his NHL games prior to this year and was poised for a breakout.
If we know Pionk isn't enough, and we might have an inkling that Heinola probably isn't enough either, the correct play is to boot the known bad player the f*** away from the roster and test whether we are correct about the unknown one. The wrong play is to come up with excuses to delay this process.
dont disagree on the lowry line needing a bit more scoring punch. they were great in out-scoring (mostly driven by their defense) and chancing the opposition, but they definitely were below average in converting (GF vs xGF). they could use an additional scoring fwd.
The problem with the Lowry line is not that it doesn't create offense - if you shut down top opposition and win the match-up, amazing. The issue is twofold in my eyes: 1) Niederreiter is wasted on a line that doesn't create sufficient offense, when our top 6 is in shambles all the time, and 2) if the third line doesn't change at all, we cannot promote our prospects in a way that gets them playing meaningful minutes. That needs to change, no matter how good the Lowry unit is.

Reactions: Jack7222

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It sure would be a bigger improvement than continuing with what has lost us five years.

On average, Scheifele and Connor have played 16 of the ~51 ES minutes we've had per game this year. They get outscored. You can improve the team's performance a lot just by making sure that those two either outscore their opponents, or simply never play together. I don't care how much better they are than our prospects; they're terrible together. Find a way.

If we know Pionk isn't enough, and we might have an inkling that Heinola probably isn't enough either, the correct play is to boot the known bad player the f*** away from the roster and test whether we are correct about the unknown one. The wrong play is to come up with excuses to delay this process.

The problem with the Lowry line is not that it doesn't create offense - if you shut down top opposition and win the match-up, amazing. The issue is twofold in my eyes: 1) Niederreiter is wasted on a line that doesn't create sufficient offense, when our top 6 is in shambles all the time, and 2) if the third line doesn't change at all, we cannot promote our prospects in a way that gets them playing meaningful minutes. That needs to change, no matter how good the Lowry unit is.

I've said many times now that they need to take 2 minutes from the top line and give it to line 2 and 4.

It's the middle 6 that has largely carried this team at 5 on 5 the last few years.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

If we know Pionk isn't enough, and we might have an inkling that Heinola probably isn't enough either, the correct play is to boot the known bad player the f*** away from the roster and test whether we are correct about the unknown one. The wrong play is to stop making excuses to delay this process and get new blood into the lineup.

The problem with the Lowry line is not that it doesn't create offense - if you shut down top opposition and win the match-up, amazing. The issue is twofold in my eyes: 1) Niederreiter is wasted on a line that doesn't create sufficient offense, and 2) if the third line doesn't change at all, we cannot promote our prospects in a way that gets them playing meaningful minutes. That needs to change, no matter how good the Lowry unit is.
show it how it would be a big improvement then. the Jets were 4th/110 pts with a +62 goal differential - where/& how do they improve upon those numbers, and then make a deeper PO run? are they 130 pts/+75? what's the margin of improvement. you just replace names with prospects and make claims.

to further stem off above: replace scheifele & connor (going to appoint these as our benn and seguin equivalents) with who and get better numbers? you just replace names w/ 0 actual numbers in your post. scheifele was a +14 this season, and fine away from connor. and connor was fine away from scheifele. maybe they should do that more often, that has more of a chance then these prospects you keep listing playing at a PPG/40 goal top-6 level (ie: similar to hintz, robertson).

the Jets need better Dmen overall than either Heinola or Pionk. i don't disagree that need to find a new dependable player than both.

lowry's line creates offense. depending on the minutes filter you use, they're in the top 10-30 in the league in xGF/60 (ranging from a filter of a minimum of 200-400 5v5 mins together). the problem is converting. Nino had 12 goals on 17 xGF, Lowry had 9 goals on 17 xGF and Appleton had 10 goals on 11 xGF. Both Nino and Lowry really underscored what their quality of chances indicated, btw both were top-2 in individual xGF for the Jets. they don't have problems creating chances at all.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
show it how it would be a big improvement then. the Jets were 4th/110 pts with a +62 goal differential - where/& how do they improve upon those numbers, and then make a deeper PO run? are they 130 pts/+75? what's the margin of improvement. you just replace names with prospects and make claims.
My crystal ball is out of order, can't do exact numbers. Part of what makes it difficult is that we have so little information on alternative scenarios - however, the outline remains the same as always: Ehlers-Scheifele-X, second line Connor, top 6 Nino, third line X and X to play with Lowry. We know nothing about our prospects due to nobody having been given a shot, so experiment with different Xs and find out what works. As for defense, let Stanley go and replace with literally any prospect in the org. The goalies will undoubtedly be worse than last year, so here's hoping that we can offset most of the impact with that.

to further stem off above: replace scheifele & connor (going to appoint these as our benn and seguin equivalents) with who and get better numbers? you just replace names w/ 0 actual numbers in your post. scheifele was a +14 this season, and fine away from connor. and connor was fine away from scheifele. maybe they should do that more often, that has more of a chance then these prospects you keep listing playing at a PPG/40 goal top-6 level (ie: similar to hintz, robertson).
Right, which is about what I've been saying for the last three years. The only ones who are seemingly unaware of this are Connor apologists, Ehlers haters, and our entire front office (thus far).
the Jets need better Dmen overall than either Heinola or Pionk. i don't disagree that need to find a new dependable player than both.
Fine by me. Declan Chish
lowry's line creates offense. depending on the minutes filter you use, they're in the top 10-30 in the league in xGF/60 (ranging from a filter of a minimum of 200-400 5v5 mins together). the problem is converting. Nino had 12 goals on 17 xGF, Lowry had 9 goals on 17 xGF and Appleton had 10 goals on 11 xGF. Both Nino and Lowry underscored what their quality of chances indicated, btw both were top-2 in individual xGF for the Jets. they don't have problems creating chances.
When your line plays the second most on the team, those conversion issues become a problem. That said, I'd much rather have this problem than... well, the first line producing less chances with more talented players.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I'm voting to give him a shot at C from day one... if the Jets get the combo of Lambert-Perfetti to gel then that is the core moving forward - hopefully with Barlow on the left side

This is the last year of this 'latest core' - I want to see if we have scoring in case KFC decides to walk in 2 years

Think Gus and Barron should be given a shot on the Lowry line - there's the forechecking speed we are missing right now

Whoa are you implying Bowness somehow went full Tonya Harding on Heinola this season??!!
Gus and speed do not go together.

Reactions: WolfHouse

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Capo was born 4 years before Ville and will be 27 when the next season starts...what do pople expect from him?
He isn't a starter in the NHL, plain and simple.
Ville makes the team out of TC unless he is traded or hurt.

Reactions: bumblebeeman

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
And when Monahan's line doesn't get to the offensive zone and doesn't draw penalties due to the lack of possession and foot speed, what are we going to do with that draft capital? Or with Monahan, for that matter.
I feel like there is no shortage of quality forwards, guys who can skate, maybe guys who play more aggressive on the forecheck helps him. The thing is a top 6 forward who makes your PP better is always a good thing...Hard to see Monahan regressing to the point where he doesn't help...I think Ehlers losing speed, without any physicality, over the course of his next contract, also comes with risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dale53130
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad