Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
DeMelo probably wants more term than Chevy is offering.
I wouldn't sign him for more than 4 years unless it is 5 x 3.8m.

Dillon wants to stay but how much is he asking for?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Exactly, Dillon basically said he was heading to UFA is what I read. Something doesn't make sense.

I like Dillon but (assuming his ask is reasonable) Demelo is the more valuable player to the Jets and my recollection is that he specifically said he wanted to stay here.
Lot can change bw now and July 1. Jets were focused on their new coaching staff, and probably the draft. It seems like they didn't really discuss contracts with any of the FAs yet so still lots of time to get something going.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Assuming no substantial trades or new FA acquisitions… give me this lineup in pre-season, Arnie.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Vilardi
Connor-Monahan-Perfetti
Nino-Lowry-Lambert
Barron-Namestnikov-Appleton/Chibrikov

Morrissey-Salomonsson
Heinola-DeMelo
Samberg-Pionk
Iafallo to somewhere for. 3rd?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Kovy and Chisholm might he serviceable bottom pairing players but people are acting like we lost Cale Makar on waivers

No. People are acting like we lost serviceable bottom pairing D in order to keep non-serviceable bottom pair D.

Are we supposed to only critique management when and if they f**k up on such a massive scale as losing Makar on waivers?

We could have been (slightly) better for less cost on multiple occasions.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Lambert will be given an opportunity at center based on his usage on the Moose, but being the #2 center is probably at least 3 years away if he continues to develop well. Monahan makes sense as an intermediary option.

The problem will be signing Monahan to a contract that fits Jets needs. He will want both too much $$$ and too much term. Some GM might give it to him. I hope it is not Chevy. He will become the F version of Pionk and Schmidt.

You realize the likelihood of either Perfetti or Lambert exceeding Scheifele at center is very unlikely for several years and even then for either to sustain his career production is even more unlikely.

If either of them exceed Scheifele at C it is probably because Scheif has declined to that degree.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
No. People are acting like we lost serviceable bottom pairing D in order to keep non-serviceable bottom pair D.

Are we supposed to only critique management when and if they f**k up on such a massive scale as losing Makar on waivers?

We could have been (slightly) better for less cost on multiple occasions.
*serviceable bottom pairing dman on the 5th worst defensive team on the league

I'll judge the management based on the size of the gaffe. Every team in the league losses 7th dmen and 13th forwards to waivers every year.

Reactions: Dirtbag151

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
*serviceable bottom pairing dman on the 5th worst defensive team on the league

I'll judge the management based on the size of the gaffe. Every team in the league losses 7th dmen and 13th forwards to waivers every year.

Sure. But that doesn't mean giving them a pass on smaller gaffes, especially when they make the same one multiple times.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
What about a one for one using one of our top forward prospects for someone's top d prospect that is NHL ready? Think Anaheim did something similar last year? Can't remember with who

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Sure. But that doesn't mean giving them a pass on smaller gaffes, especially when they make the same one multiple times.
Complaining about a GM losing a 7th (and to be honest, Kova was probably 9th) dman to waivers is like turning down sex from a supermodel becaue you think one of her tits is a little bigger than the other

Some people will always find something to nitpick about

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
The problem will be signing Monahan to a contract that fits Jets needs. He will want both too much $$$ and too much term. Some GM might give it to him. I hope it is not Chevy. He will become the F version of Pionk and Schmidt.

If either of them exceed Scheifele at C it is probably because Scheif has declined to that degree.
I guess the only way to get a prospect as good as Schief is to draft top 5. As it is rare that we draft the next big thing.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
mcintyre on wst was saying he thinks at least 1 of the 2 between dillon/demelo will be back and the more likely would be dillon
Was he just blowing smoke to pretend he is relevant, or did it seem like he actually talked to someone who knows? It sure wouldn't have been Chevy.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
could be a cheap 1 year reclamation project until salo is ready if we do somehow manage to get out of at least one of the schmidt/pionk contracts
As a Coyotes fan, I was skeptical when Minnesota fans warned that Dumba was a shadow of the player he was before. I expected that he'd be decent to good. He's not. Jets are better off with Schmidt and Pionk and Heinola for sure.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
As a Coyotes fan, I was skeptical when Minnesota fans warned that Dumba was a shadow of the player he was before. I expected that he'd be decent to good. He's not. Jets are better off with Schmidt and Pionk and Heinola for sure.
but now what if you add in the player/players we could get with the cap savings from pionk + schmidt?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
DeMelo probably wants more term than Chevy is offering.
I wouldn't sign him for more than 4 years unless it is 5 x 3.8m.

Dillon wants to stay but how much is he asking for?
I feel like that Vlasic contract Chicago signed, plus the ones that Samuelsson in Buffalo and Mikey Anderson in L.A. signed would make it impossible to get De Melo under $4 million. At least $4.5 million based on those comparables. I wonder what the number is for Monahan? Signing those 2 + Perfetti, and there is no way the Jets make the Cap without shedding salary.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Man I really like Monahan. He added so many things to our team we sorely needed and losing him we’re kinda back to square 1

But

In a hypothetical universe where Ehlers wants to stay with the Jets, but Monahans contract would take away his $$, what do you do?

I’d lean towards keeping Ehlers myself.

Regarding the D men situation, Dillon sounded on the Vancouver area radio station that he was happy with the Jets but is poised to hit UFA

Only way I see Dillon prioritized over DeMelo is if we can’t afford DeMelo but can afford Dillon. He did have many positives to say about the Jets and kept using the terms “us” and “our team”; “fun season” etc…I know he’s still a Jet until July 1 but it didn’t seem disingenuous at all and he did say he felt he was a big part of the team (end of season interviews). DeMelo felt similarly but if his agent is pricing him out of an extension with us then not much we can do. We can’t handicap our team’s overall competitiveness either

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Man I really like Monahan. He added so many things to our team we sorely needed and losing him we’re kinda back to square 1

But

In a hypothetical universe where Ehlers wants to stay with the Jets, but Monahans contract would take away his $$, what do you do?

I’d lean towards keeping Ehlers myself.

Regarding the D men situation, Dillon sounded on the Vancouver area radio station that he was happy with the Jets but is poised to hit UFA

Only way I see Dillon prioritized over DeMelo is if we can’t afford DeMelo but can afford Dillon. He did have many positives to say about the Jets and kept using the terms “us” and “our team”; “fun season” etc
Interesting question. What is ehlers bringing back in a return after all we lose mono for free. If that wasn’t a consideration any answer but keeping ehlers would be wrong.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Interesting question. What is ehlers bringing back in a return after we lose mono for free. If that wasn’t a consideration any answer but keeping ehlers would be wrong.

It’s tough isn’t it

Of course if he wants to move on then it’s moot. But I agree - you’d have to find a way to keep the player you drafted and has stuck with your org and now wants to stay…he just brings a dynamic we don’t otherwise have and it would be nice to have the new coaching staff take a spin with him…maybe they can do for ehlers what bones did for morrissey

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It’s tough isn’t it

Of course if he wants to move on then it’s moot. But I agree - you’d have to find a way to keep the player you drafted and has stuck with your org and now wants to stay…he just brings a dynamic we don’t otherwise have and it would be nice to have the new coaching staff take a spin with him…maybe they can do for ehlers what bones did for morrissey
But if people offer you a top pairing D then you get mono as a nice bonus if u trade Ehlers.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Interesting question. What is ehlers bringing back in a return after all we lose mono for free. If that wasn’t a consideration any answer but keeping ehlers would be wrong.

But whoever we trade Ehlers for has a big cap hit, unless they aren't that good. So it doesn't quite add up I don't think. ALso since Monahan is ufa, his cap money can just be spent elsewhere, it doesn't have to be him at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad